Jade's favorite places share. Limited ban list.

Here's a place I've wanted to visit since I was maybe 7. I always saw pictures of them in atlas books, and the state became a favorite. Anyone know what these are?
attachment.php

Looks like the Rocky Mountains, strikes me as possibly Montana or Canadian Rockies, aka Banff.

I recently went to the Canadian National Air and Space Museum. I am a sucker for anything to do with planes and aviation. They had this Supermarine Spitfire, a true classic and a real beauty of an aircraft. I have always maintained that the argument could be made that the British pilots with their Spitfires and the Hawker Hurricanes are what saved western liberal democracy from Hitler...after the British Army was basically put out of commission in France, and there was nothing standing in Hitler's way but squadrons of the Royal Air Force. "Aces High!" (hat tip, Iron Maiden)
1NdwqoX.jpg

Harbin, China.
An erstwhile Russian outpost in northeastern China, former headquarters of the Russian-controlled East China Railway

This sign is near my grandparents former home...and I never could figure out what the fuck they are trying to say!
bxZwCUN.jpg

Harbin, China.
An erstwhile Russian outpost in northeastern China, former headquarters of the Russian-controlled East China Railway

This sign is near my grandparents former home...and I never could figure out what the fuck they are trying to say!
bxZwCUN.jpg

LOL! I don't know either, but it's hilarious! Some things don't translate so well, eh?

This is a discussion to share your favorite places. A restaurant, a natural wonder, a city, etc.

Kamyanitsa restaurant - Minsk, Belarus. Authentic Byelorussian food. On this occasion I had pork filet, potato pancakes, mushroom soup, salad, a local Belarusian beer. Hard to make small talk with your cousins, when there is an incredible belly dancer blowing my mind!
shoSm9N.jpg

I thought I'd leave this place up for Mott. Maybe he's been, since it's in Dayton. Good beer, and food. It took awhile, but to be fair we had a group of maybe 13, with 3 different checks. We also had other people, and an animal adoption thing going on there. It's where the photo of me I posted was from.

http://www.fifthstreetbrewpub.coop/

The brewpub near us was up for the best in the nation, or something like that. The Jolly Pumpkin, from what I hear got 4th place. I shared one of their beers earlier.

Kamyanitsa restaurant - Minsk, Belarus. Authentic Byelorussian food. On this occasion I had pork filet, potato pancakes, mushroom soup, salad, a local Belarusian beer. Hard to make small talk with your cousins, when there is an incredible belly dancer blowing my mind!

That looks so good, but isn't the sparkler a fire hazard?

That looks so good, but isn't the sparkler a fire hazard?

Ha! I am not sure what the fire codes are in Minsk, but you would be amazed what went on in that restaurant. I have a good belly dancer story involving vodka, that is at least PG-13 rated. Nothing too crazy.

I assumed the waitresses figured out I was American, and perhaps they thought the sparkler would be a nice touch!

Ha! I am not sure what the fire codes are in Minsk, but you would be amazed what went on in that restaurant. I have a good belly dancer story involving vodka, that is at least PG-13 rated. Nothing too crazy.
I assumed the waitresses figured out I was American, and perhaps they thought the sparkler would be a nice touch!

Well, dish on the dancer already!

Back