Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I had my GB out in 2005. It was no biggie.The only thing you'll probably notice at first is that if you eat a meal high in fat, you will almost immediately need to run to the closest restroom. Your GB stores bile (which helps break down fats) made by your liver. When it's gone, the GI tract detects incoming fat, and instructs your liver to dump bile. Since it doesn't have a holding tank anymore it dutifully dumps a lot of bile all at once. It's extremely irritating to your intestinal mucosal, so the GI tract goes into extreme peristalsis mode to try to get rid of the irritating substance. The result is diarrhea. Eventually this doesn't happen as often. It does make eating out a prospect to be wary of, if you tend to like things like salad dressings, fried stuff, Asian food, etc.

I make a lot of things like chili, spaghetti sauce & meatballs, casseroles, sloppy joes, etc. with ground turkey. If you'd like some recipes/ideas pls let me know!

You can post whatever you think sounds good. I think that made me feel a little better, I was worried after the doctor mentioned results of removal. I thought it would be a lifetime thing of misery, and ruin eating, and traveling.

You can post whatever you think sounds good. I think that made me feel a little better, I was worried after the doctor mentioned results of removal. I thought it would be a lifetime thing of misery, and ruin eating, and traveling.

No, not at all. My husband had his out in 2011; he has no GI issues, pain, bathroom urgency, etc. He's like you, loves his burgers n fries and spicy stuff.

Gallstones are nothing to play with. Even if you can tolerate the agonizing pain they cause (usually after eating a meal high in fats), you also run the risk of developing a bile duct blockage, and acute pancreatitis which can be a life-threatening thing.

Looks like I'm going to need low fat recipes. Have to have an ultrasound done, and hopefully the worst doesn't happen, and they have to remove my gallbladder. The doctor said it's always a possibility. I have too many diet issues. I alter diet for one thing, and I cause other issues. So it's official. I have to watch Oxalate, fat, excess protein, cholesterol, and excess sugar. So I guess I've learned Atkins style dieting has drawbacks.

Sorry to hear that, Jade. I hope that you can find a resolution soon.

For you, Aimee! And anyone else who enjoys wild-caught or foraged foodies.

Waawashkeshi, Manoomin, dash Wazhashkwedoonsag
(Venison, Wild Rice, and Mushrooms)

1 lb ground venison
1/2 cup chopped wild or yellow onion (optional)
1/2 lb wild or domestic mushrooms (I use chanterelles)
1 cup wild rice, cooked

Brown ground venison in skillet with onions. When almost done, add coarsely-chopped mushrooms and saute till tender. Dump in cooked rice, stir well and heat through. You can add a bit of water or broth if you prefer it juicier. Really special if you use wild leek bulbs in place of the onions!

For you, Aimee! And anyone else who enjoys wild-caught or foraged foodies.

Waawashkeshi, Manoomin, dash Wazhashkwedoonsag
(Venison, Wild Rice, and Mushrooms)

1 lb ground venison
1/2 cup chopped wild or yellow onion (optional)
1/2 lb wild or domestic mushrooms (I use chanterelles)
1 cup wild rice, cooked

Brown ground venison in skillet with onions. When almost done, add coarsely-chopped mushrooms and saute till tender. Dump in cooked rice, stir well and heat through. You can add a bit of water or broth if you prefer it juicier. Really special if you use wild leek bulbs in place of the onions!

Oh, my gosh! Thank you so much! That sounds wonderful. It's making me drool already!

Oh, my gosh! Thank you so much! That sounds wonderful. It's making me drool already!

Thanks! In some of my NAS classes, we wrap up the semester with a feast. This is the one I bring, and it's always gone at the end. I left out seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic, etc. because 1) those aren't native seasonings, and 2) everyone prefers to customize a recipe the way they like it.

Thanks! In some of my NAS classes, we wrap up the semester with a feast. This is the one I bring, and it's always gone at the end. I left out seasonings like salt, pepper, garlic, etc. because 1) those aren't native seasonings, and 2) everyone prefers to customize a recipe the way they like it.

THat is so awesome! I am sure that it wouldn't need anything added to it.

I got an Instant Pot for Xmas, this sounds like good receipt to use it on?!!

Instant Pot Corned Beef Is The Easiest Way To Make Your St. Patrick's Day Meal
Delish Videos February 13, 2019

Use your Instant Pot to make this easy corned beef that comes out perfectly every time.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/instant-pot-corned-beef-easiest-180918584.html

I got an Instant Pot for Xmas, this sounds like good receipt to use it on?!!

Instant Pot Corned Beef Is The Easiest Way To Make Your St. Patrick's Day Meal
Delish Videos February 13, 2019

Use your Instant Pot to make this easy corned beef that comes out perfectly every time.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/instant-pot-corned-beef-easiest-180918584.html

That's actually one of the few things I've made in ours! It turned out great. Unfortunately the Instapot makes a lot of frightening-to-birds sounds as it works and then depressurizes. It was definitely not popular in this parrot-owned household. I must admit that it kind of scared me too. lol

And I bet he NEVER understood why that pissed you off, am I right?

I doubt you cook it with much heat though. Some people need a bit with everything. I had a pumpkin chipotle hot sauce, that I would cover savory breakfast in. They quit making it though.

That's actually one of the few things I've made in ours! It turned out great. Unfortunately the Instapot makes a lot of frightening-to-birds sounds as it works and then depressurizes. It was definitely not popular in this parrot-owned household. I must admit that it kind of scared me too. lol

You get that with all pressure cookers.

I doubt you cook it with much heat though. Some people need a bit with everything. I had a pumpkin chipotle hot sauce, that I would cover savory breakfast in. They quit making it though.

You've probably read that stuff about "super tasters"? If there is such a thing, I'm one of them. I guess the other side of the coin is "can't taste for shitters," lol. It seems that the subtle flavors of foods either alone or blended with other things is invisible to their palates so they have to dump hot sauce on everything. I've never known a female that way; they seem to be all guys in my experience. Two sons, two husbands, and two sons-in-law just in our family who think that food is bland unless doused with pepper.

You've probably read that stuff about "super tasters"? If there is such a thing, I'm one of them. I guess the other side of the coin is "can't taste for shitters," lol. It seems that the subtle flavors of foods either alone or blended with other things is invisible to their palates so they have to dump hot sauce on everything. I've never known a female that way; they seem to be all guys in my experience. Two sons, two husbands, and two sons-in-law just in our family who think that food is bland unless doused with pepper.

Plenty of females in the hot sauce world.

LOL! That sounds about right! Matt loves pepper, and loves it on his food. I have to make sure that he doesn't put too much! It surprises me with his sensory issues.

LOL! That sounds about right! Matt loves pepper, and loves it on his food. I have to make sure that he doesn't put too much! It surprises me with his sensory issues.

The release of endorphins from spicy food consumption, should help ease nervous, and sensory issues.

Back