Jade's Recipe Exchange.

Why is it forbidden?

Black rice has a spectacularly high level of anthocyanin, which might be why it’s revered in, for example, China as an extremely healthy food. It also is fairly tricky to grow, at least in terms of yield, which is often as low as 10 percent of other rice varieties. It’s occasionally called “emperor’s rice” or “forbidden rice” for that very reason: Oral history suggests that only the richest of the rich were able to afford the delicacy.

https://modernfarmer.com/2015/10/what-is-black-rice/

I'm on a very strict diet right now, for two weeks. Luckily it's about half over. I refused to look at a scale once. Very lean meat trimmed of fat, little, or no refined carbs.

Don't stop at two weeks, Jade. You have previously posted that you have, "fatty liver." That means that you are insulin resistant. You are on your way to Type 2 diabetes if you don't change.

The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally

https://www.amazon.com/dp/177164265...=gateway&sprefix=The+Diabetes+,aps,194&sr=8-2

I do not make it myself, but this time of year I am always looking forward to Kulich made by my aunt, cousin, and various and sundry East Slavic compatriots --- a Russian Easter sweet bread made with raisins, cardamom, orange zest, almonds, etc. I think my Aunt put a dash of brandy in hers, but I am not sure how common or traditional that is.

I do not make it myself, but this time of year I am always looking forward to Kulich made by my aunt, cousin, and various and sundry East Slavic compatriots --- a Russian Easter sweet bread made with raisins, cardamom, orange zest, almonds, etc. I think my Aunt put a dash of brandy in hers, but I am not sure how common or traditional that is.

How pretty!

Got the pelmeni mold yesterday. Looking forward to trying it out and see how they turn out.

How pretty!

Got the pelmeni mold yesterday. Looking forward to trying it out and see how they turn out.

They make molds for pelmeni?? Holy smoke, how do I not know this!? I might have to stop being lazy and make my own.
Thank you for the outstanding intel!

Got a huge pot of beef stock being made. My sister gave us a whole bone section from prime rib, and I bought a femur bone. I roasted those in the oven, from frozen. Cut up 1 x-large carrot, 2 sweet potatoes, 3 cubanelle peppers, 1 large Spanish onion, 1 full bulb of garlic, I walloped on, a handful of dried sage, pink peppercorns, and rosemary. Put it in a 12 quart soup pot, and will cook it low for maybe 48 hours at the max.

Got a huge pot of beef stock being made. My sister gave us a whole bone section from prime rib, and I bought a femur bone. I roasted those in the oven, from frozen. Cut up 1 x-large carrot, 2 sweet potatoes, 3 cubanelle peppers, 1 large Spanish onion, 1 full bulb of garlic, I walloped on, a handful of dried sage, pink peppercorns, and rosemary. Put it in a 12 quart soup pot, and will cook it low for maybe 48 hours at the max.

Nice! How do you keep it then, can it in a pressure canner? I freezer mine in canning jars.

Back