Jade's Recipe Exchange.

I love horseradish on good beef or pork roast

Oh yes. Last year at the farmer's market one booth was selling horseradish roots to plant, so got 3 of them. The two in the herb garden didn't do as well because the deer kept eating the tops off, but the one inside the fencing did great. Since then I heard that preparing them for eating is a smelly, stinky task. Will let you know how they turn out. If I get plenty I'll send you and Jade each a jar.

Oh lordy. I shouldn't comment, since I am so not a sweets-loving person. And pecans... blech. Sorry!

You mean you didn't used to salivate, when you went by those places that roasted the nuts, at the malls, and specialty shops. Then again that was almonds as well. Roasting nuts, and cinnamon.

You mean you didn't used to salivate, when you went by those places that roasted the nuts, at the malls, and specialty shops. Then again that was almonds as well. Roasting nuts, and cinnamon.

Sorry, can't say that I did. Well... that Cinnabon place in the mall.... *that* made me want to buy and eat them all.

Hot Sausage, Peppers and Onions

If you recall I posted these images when I did my review for the Nordic Ware FLARE pot (which is awesome btw!) but what I didn’t give you at the time was a recipe. Now I’ll be honest, I hadn’t thought about giving you this as honestly I thought everyone knew how to make sausage, peppers and onions like you get at a fair. I know, shame on me but I almost felt like if I posted a recipe like this it would be an insult to folks. I envisioned emails of “Really Lori? You give us that? Everyone knows how to make that woman. Geesh.” but instead you didn’t the opposite.

Hundreds of emails came in “Hey TKW, where’s the recipe? That looks awesome! Are you going to share?”

https://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2015/08/13/hot-sausage-peppers-and-onions/

hqdefault.jpg

If you recall I posted these images when I did my review for the Nordic Ware FLARE pot (which is awesome btw!) but what I didn’t give you at the time was a recipe. Now I’ll be honest, I hadn’t thought about giving you this as honestly I thought everyone knew how to make sausage, peppers and onions like you get at a fair. I know, shame on me but I almost felt like if I posted a recipe like this it would be an insult to folks. I envisioned emails of “Really Lori? You give us that? Everyone knows how to make that woman. Geesh.” but instead you didn’t the opposite.

Hundreds of emails came in “Hey TKW, where’s the recipe? That looks awesome! Are you going to share?”

https://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net/2015/08/13/hot-sausage-peppers-and-onions/

That looks mighty tasty! I'll more than likely substitute the hot sausage for mild. My stomach isn't as cast iron like it used to be, Ha!

I got some brisket out, and used some truffle salt, and rubbed it with crushed garlic. Put it in the instapot, with a bottle of dry local cherry wine, several sliced purple fingerling potatoes, and a good handful of dried sage. Cooking it on pressure cook, and going to have a late dinner.

I got some brisket out, and used some truffle salt, and rubbed it with crushed garlic. Put it in the instapot, with a bottle of dry local cherry wine, several sliced purple fingerling potatoes, and a good handful of dried sage. Cooking it on pressure cook, and going to have a late dinner.

Let me know how that turns out. I've made corned beef in the Instapot, but not a brisket. They're the same thing, right, only the corned beef has been brined?

Let me know how that turns out. I've made corned beef in the Instapot, but not a brisket. They're the same thing, right, only the corned beef has been brined?

It's a a piece of brisket, that is often brined for quite awhile. It's one reason people don't make it fresh often, outside the deli.

You wither slow roast it, or use the pressure cooker. I suppose you could try to smoke it, but that might be weird flavor wise.

Hmm, that actually sounds good to me. STL has a lot of great BBQ places. One we went to often had smoked beef brisket that was outstanding. They serve it "dry" (without sauce) and you choose which sauce, or none, you want on it. A couple of the sauces were terrifyingly hot. You would like them. I bet if you smoked it a while, then finished it in the Instapot or crockpot, it would be great.

Hmm, that actually sounds good to me. STL has a lot of great BBQ places. One we went to often had smoked beef brisket that was outstanding. They serve it "dry" (without sauce) and you choose which sauce, or none, you want on it. A couple of the sauces were terrifyingly hot. You would like them. I bet if you smoked it a while, then finished it in the Instapot or crockpot, it would be great.

My neighbors have a residential version of those smokers. It's about the size of a good sized grill. I bought rubs, and we had ribs, after a cruise around the lake, last summer.

Back