Jade's Recipe Exchange.

No,we add crackers.

Mr. Owl isn't much for traditional meatloaf so I make his separate. He also doesn't like onions. So his has jalapenos and bell peppers and garlic. And taco sauce on top instead of ketchup. I put a pinch of cumin in with the meat mixture too. Mealtloaf is such a great comfort food. I love chicken n dumplings too as comfort food.

What are some of yours?

Mr. Owl isn't much for traditional meatloaf so I make his separate. He also doesn't like onions. So his has jalapenos and bell peppers and garlic. And taco sauce on top instead of ketchup. I put a pinch of cumin in with the meat mixture too. Mealtloaf is such a great comfort food. I love chicken n dumplings too as comfort food.

What are some of yours?

Sausage gravy, and biscuits.

What are some of yours?

We make chicken,every possible way,I always make things a bit different every time.
Even simple stuff like burgers,different seasonings,toppings.
Boiled dinners.Steak,Pork roast,beef roast.
Casing hot dogs.

What are some of yours?

The good old hamburger is my comfort food. I allow myself one a month.

Those *do* look good. I make home-made meatballs, half turkey, half lean ground beef. Then bake them till half done, and freeze. If you put them on a rack to bake any fat drains off.

I love making homemade meatballs with ground turkey. I use a rack, too, that way, they're not so fatty. I add a touch of Worcestershire Sauce and now have been sneaking in minced veggies into mine. LOL! Matt hasn't noticed the difference yet. They go well with spaghetti. Since he's now a teenager with a hollow leg, I don't think he's even noticed that I have switched over to whole grain pasta. LOL! Well, you can't taste your dinner if you inhale it like a Hoover! Poor hungry kid!

I love making homemade meatballs with ground turkey. I use a rack, too, that way, they're not so fatty. I add a touch of Worcestershire Sauce and now have been sneaking in minced veggies into mine. LOL! Matt hasn't noticed the difference yet. They go well with spaghetti. Since he's now a teenager with a hollow leg, I don't think he's even noticed that I have switched over to whole grain pasta. LOL! Well, you can't taste your dinner if you inhale it like a Hoover! Poor hungry kid!

Oh lordy, I don't envy you! Nothing on earth can vacuum up food like a teenage boy! I like that idea of sneaking minced veggies into the meatballs. There's a veggie-phobic around here. What do you put in yours?

What are some of yours?

My uncle's Salmon pie with white sauce. Mmmm! It brings back good memories! That, and Crétons on toast or English Muffins. Mmmm! Great on a cold morning.

Oh lordy, I don't envy you! Nothing on earth can vacuum up food like a teenage boy! I like that idea of sneaking minced veggies into the meatballs. There's a veggie-phobic around here. What do you put in yours?

Thank you! My grocery bill has doubled lately. Poor kiddo! I have been sneaking mostly minced onions and green peppers in there. Not too much, but just enough to brighten up the flavor. They make pizza crusts with cauliflower in them, too. I have been getting those, too. He loves soups, so I have free reign as to what I can put in those. Phew! The crockpot has been a lifesaver.

Thank you! My grocery bill has doubled lately. Poor kiddo! I have been sneaking mostly minced onions and green peppers in there. Not too much, but just enough to brighten up the flavor. They make pizza crusts with cauliflower in them, too. I have been getting those, too. He loves soups, so I have free reign as to what I can put in those. Phew! The crockpot has been a lifesaver.

Good deal. I'm always looking for ways to sneak more veggies into Mr. Owl. Hiding them in chili, soup, spaghetti sauce, etc. works pretty well. Silly boys.

Good deal. I'm always looking for ways to sneak more veggies into Mr. Owl. Hiding them in chili, soup, spaghetti sauce, etc. works pretty well. Silly boys.

Thank you. Yes, I have been using my child's hunger against him. LOL! It does work very well, especially if you make them very tiny. LOL!

Try even farther, and use chickpea pasta. Good stuff, but can be more expensive.

Ooooh! Thank you! I will keep an eye out for that. I love pasta and would love to have some alternatives.

I had to give up gluten for awhile, to see if it was triggering inflammation. Luckily it wasn't, but I tried several alternatives, from chickpea, corn, and yellow lentil pastas.

I had to give up gluten for awhile, to see if it was triggering inflammation. Luckily it wasn't, but I tried several alternatives, from chickpea, corn, and yellow lentil pastas.

Thank goodness it wasn't causing inflammation! Thank you so much! I should check and see if Amazon has any of those pastas.

Homemade Sloppy Joes

Once you try these homemade sloppy Joe’s, there’s no going back to the can. Sloppy Joe’s have secured their place as a tried-and-true family favorite for good reason—they’re quick, they’re easy, and they’re a weeknight dinner the whole family can get behind. Our homemade version is simply a wholesome, full-flavored rendition of the savory-sweet sandwich you know and love from childhood. A blend of ground chuck and ground sirloin provides just the right level of beefy flavor and richness to stand up to the sweetened tomato sauce. Be sure to chop your onion, carrot, and bell pepper as finely as you can so that they’ll blend seamlessly into the mix (and pickier eaters won’t even know they’re there).

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-sloppy-joes

23986_1_1.jpg

Back