Jesse Jackson come after the Silcon Valley

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chase-madar/over-policing-of-america_b_4412187.html

The School-to-Prison Pipeline

It starts in our schools, where discipline is increasingly outsourced to police personnel. What not long ago would have been seen as normal childhood misbehavior -- doodling on a desk, farting in class, a kindergartener’s tantrum -- can leave a kid in handcuffs, removed from school, or even booked at the local precinct. Such “criminals” can be as young as seven-year-old Wilson Reyes, a New Yorker who was handcuffed and interrogated under suspicion of stealing five dollars from a classmate. (Turned out he didn’t do it.)

Though it's a national phenomenon, Mississippi currently leads the way in turning school behavior into a police issue. The Hospitality State has imposed felony charges on schoolchildren for “crimes” like throwing peanuts on a bus. Wearing the wrong color belt to school got one child handcuffed to a railing for several hours. All of this goes under the rubric of “zero-tolerance” discipline, which turns out to be just another form of violence legally imported into schools.

I was watching a TV programme the other night about the street kids that live in and around Mumbai railway station in India. It was amazing to see them all wanting to learn and to get on in the world. It is just that attitude that needs to be inculcated in black kids rather than seeking to emulate gangsters and drug dealers. It would also help if their so called leaders like Sharpton and Jackson actually helped them rather than using them for their own self aggrandisement.

What today's black youth need is more white dude preaching. You and SF should take your show on the road. There's a big need for privileged white pansy road preachers.

but that means they would have to care about people.

inconcievable

You could do with a Black Cock as well.

black-cock-thai-whiskey-320x320.jpg

http://www.wineandspirits.co.cr/82.html

Well unfortunately there are far too many inner city minority students that have no understanding of technology is due to the lack of school funding for public schools, or the lack of computers at home. What your folks are doing is wonderful which is getting kids involved with technology but I think society needs to do more beyond the grass roots efforts.

glad I scrolled down before I responded. I think the above is the root of the problem. Personally, I believe that this is where privately run charter schools can help. Focus on STEM teaching. Kids of all backgrounds seem to adapt and desire new tech. Keep fueling that fire and desire to learn more in these areas. We need more community involvement such as what Wacko's friends are doing. We have to quit clinging to the past methods of doing things and start to find ways that recapture the attention and dreams of those that are not seeming to find them via traditional routes.

Of course it has nothing to do with gang culture and rap, has it? Young black males don't perceive IT to be cool.

I disagree. They love using and getting the latest and greatest in tech. The problem stems from a lack of education in the areas of development of such. I think a large part of that Dung and others have brought up. It is a lack of access to such classes growing up that puts them at a great disadvantage when entering college/tech school, which could be why many don't enter said programs.

What today's black youth need is more white dude preaching. You and SF should take your show on the road. There's a big need for privileged white pansy road preachers.

funny how you always pretend that because we are talking about black youth, that somehow white men aren't allowed to discuss the issue.

Let me guess... as a white woman you get to determine what other people are allowed to discuss?

It's my fault. Should have banned her from the thread.

yes... it is indeed your fault.

It is a shame... because without her nonsense, this might have become an interesting thread. But now we will be subjected to 1000 'your racist' posts (and yes, I used your instead of you're because that is what the retard will use)

I disagree. They love using and getting the latest and greatest in tech. The problem stems from a lack of education in the areas of development of such. I think a large part of that Dung and others have brought up. It is a lack of access to such classes growing up that puts them at a great disadvantage when entering college/tech school, which could be why many don't enter said programs.

How much does a Raspberry Pi cost? I didn't start my son off programming when he was ten, he did it for himself. He was writing add-ons for games in Lua by the time he was twelve.

http://uk.shopping.yahoo.net/2534070513/yahoouk/prices-html?clickref=10l4CP6n4Q

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_(programming_language)

funny how you always pretend that because we are talking about black youth, that somehow white men aren't allowed to discuss the issue.

Let me guess... as a white woman you get to determine what other people are allowed to discuss?

Darla is a wigger and down with der kids!

I get to laugh at how a bunch of privileged white guys preach about blacks and women. It is not informed discussion, but it is amusing. Whitesplaining mansplainers. Very en vogue in certain circles I'm sure.

I get to laugh at how a bunch of privileged white guys preach about blacks and women. It is not informed discussion, but it is amusing. Whitesplaining mansplainers. Very en vogue in certain circles I'm sure.

You are such an idiot on these topics. You continue to pretend that YOU know what needs to be done and WHO gets to talk about these things. Get off your fucking high horse and point out for us who is 'preaching'. Come on Darla... time to put up or shut the fuck up. Your choice of course.

Back