Jesus Christ as God and the Trinity Was Not Invented Until the Fourth Century?

PmP is afraid of dying.
His doubts about an afterlife are becoming clear.
He’s another person who likes to pretend they are a good Christian. I bet his acting every Sunday at church is award winning, then he comes on here and shows his true colors.

He’s another person who likes to pretend they are a good Christian. I bet his acting every Sunday at church is award winning, then he comes on here and shows his true colors.

Rana is the new Peter at the gate......shall any be permitted to enter that Rana deems unholy?.......

they certainly taught us that heresies arose and were put down......no community that denied the divinity of Jesus Christ was ever considered to be Christian.......it is problematic to deny Christ while trying to carry his name......

Mithraism and Christianity (200BCE +)
The Therapeutae (10CE)
The Dead Sea Scrolls (170BCE to 68BCE)
Ebionite Christians (1st-4th Century)
Gnosticism (1st-7th Century)
Docetism (1st-7th Century)
Arian Christians (2nd-8th Century)
Marcionite Christians (2nd-5th Century)
Roman Christianity / Pauline Christianity (4th Century +)
Others (Melitians, Donatists, Monothelites)
Nestorians

Rana is the new Peter at the gate......shall any be permitted to enter that Rana deems unholy?.......

He thinks there is a "gate".

tenor.gif

Mithraism and Christianity (200BCE +)
The Therapeutae (10CE)
The Dead Sea Scrolls (170BCE to 68BCE)
Ebionite Christians (1st-4th Century)
Gnosticism (1st-7th Century)
Docetism (1st-7th Century)
Arian Christians (2nd-8th Century)
Marcionite Christians (2nd-5th Century)
Roman Christianity / Pauline Christianity (4th Century +)
Others (Melitians, Donatists, Monothelites)
Nestorians

heretics that denied the divinity of Christ were all rejected.......most in the first century.....they continued to pretend they were Christians until nobody paid them attention any more......nowdays the only folks who remember them fondly are atheists.......

it is why I truly doubt his attending Seminary, unless it was a very poor school. He lacks knowledge of very well known history.

Some say that the reason there has been, and continues to be, so many versions of Christianity is that Christian theology contains contradictions and doesn't entirely make sense.

Different sects are different attempts at resolving problems with Christian theory.

Christians themselves documented early disputes over what beliefs their movement should have.

Are you dismissing Hosea?

When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. Hosea 11.1 Hosea is referring to the supposed exodus under the supposed Moses.

Why do you say "supposed Exodus" , "supposed Moses"?
You told me you weren't an atheist!
Sounds like you're an atheist or "doubting Thomas" !

Some say that the reason there has been, and continues to be, so many versions of Christianity is that Christian theology contains contradictions and doesn't entirely make sense.

Different sects are different attempts at resolving problems with Christian theory.

Christians themselves documented early disputes over what beliefs their movement should have.

People like you complicate it!
Jesus is Lord,you're saved by Grace!

Why do you say "supposed Exodus" , "supposed Moses"?
You told me you weren't an atheist!
Sounds like you're an atheist or "doubting Thomas" !

Because the Exodus is a myth... Its a story about redemption and crossing out of ignorance of God (crossing the Red Sea). The Jews were never slaves in Egypt and they didn't build the pyramids. Its an important story, but it isn't history.. and its quite fantastic and impossible.

According to the story 2 million Israelites and their herds left Egypt but only 1500 showed up in Canaan.

Because the Exodus is a myth... Its a story about redemption and crossing out of ignorance of God (crossing the Red Sea). The Jews were never slaves in Egypt and they didn't build the pyramids. Its an important story, but it isn't history.. and its quite fantastic and impossible.

According to the story 2 million Israelites and their herds left Egypt but only 1500 showed up in Canaan.

So you're not a believer,the Bible is a novel to you!
We are done here.

So you're not a believer,the Bible is a novel to you!
We are done here.

The Bible is didactic literature.. Its NOT history or science and was never intended as such by the ancient Jews. They were never stupid. Have you read Rambam?

Back