JPP AWARDS (voting is now done)

.....Siiiighhhh........

I feel old. I'm in on a Saturday night.

LOL! Don't feel too bad ... BTW I hate, hate, hate painting louvered doors! It doesn't do to consider removing and spraying them outside -- we have constant wind and tons of dust and other debris that makes that impossible. Oh, well. My fault I guess for going from a dark to a light color in the first place.

LOL! Don't feel too bad ... BTW I hate, hate, hate painting louvered doors! It doesn't do to consider removing and spraying them outside -- we have constant wind and tons of dust and other debris that makes that impossible. Oh, well. My fault I guess for going from a dark to a light color in the first place.

Aren't louvered doors illegal in your state? If not they should be.

That's no way to talk about the home redecorating efforts of the boards most respectable poster! :p

I am sure she has said a few non respectable words on that project. I have been there and done that.
Hire some Mexicans to do it Thorn.

I am sure she has said a few non respectable words on that project. I have been there and done that.
Hire some Mexicans to do it Thorn.

Nah, I used those words all up when I changed the guts in the toilet the first time! Actually I like doing pretty much everything else, but that door is full size (goes to the water heater and the louvers provide the much needed venting) and it's a pain and a half to paint each one of those slats. I have two coats of primer and one of the final paint. Have to apply it thinly because of the small area of each slat, and they're slanted, of course. It could use just one more coat but I'm sorely tempted to let it be and concentrate on the rest of the room.

I've removed that ugly popcorn texture from the ceiling and now have to tackle the walls, also textured. Happily it's a very small room. My belt sander should roughen the surface enough to apply plaster and them I'm home free. Hope all my wall paint doesn't dry up of old age before I can get to it!

Nah, I used those words all up when I changed the guts in the toilet the first time! Actually I like doing pretty much everything else, but that door is full size (goes to the water heater and the louvers provide the much needed venting) and it's a pain and a half to paint each one of those slats. I have two coats of primer and one of the final paint. Have to apply it thinly because of the small area of each slat, and they're slanted, of course. It could use just one more coat but I'm sorely tempted to let it be and concentrate on the rest of the room.

I've removed that ugly popcorn texture from the ceiling and now have to tackle the walls, also textured. Happily it's a very small room. My belt sander should roughen the surface enough to apply plaster and them I'm home free. Hope all my wall paint doesn't dry up of old age before I can get to it!

RESPECT!

I just take it into the workshop, hang sheets and wet them down to keep out dust and spray them out there. (You can do this in your garage too).

Quite a lady :clink:
Easy to see why most respectable.

Back