judge blocks Wi abortion law

Well...there is no debate on whether murder of a living, breathing human.is a crime, is there? The Supreme Court didn't declare murder Constitutional...did it? Has it occurred to you that God knows what he's doing and can take care of the souls of people all on his own?

I think your last sentence is pretty indicative of a zealot..."we will force you to obey God's word(even if God never said anything about abortion)"....think Taliban. God gave us free will....who do you think you are to circumvent that?

The only way the Anti-choice NAZI's can even PRETEND the debate still continues is if they frame it with bullshit weasel words like "murder" and dead babies"...words that have NOTHING to do with this debate.

no.....a declaration that the unborn is a person would violate nothing.....the court would have to examine who's right was superior to the other.....a right to life would clearly outweigh a right to privacy.....

maybe a state government that didn't disregard the votes of its citizens....

Huh. A couple of years ago the same person who authored the current Texas anti-abortion bill argued that a fetus wasn't worth the effort because it "wasn't born yet". This is, of course, the same dingbat who thought rape kits "cleaned the woman out".

But back in 2007, when she was trying to limit prenatal care under the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), it was a very different story.
Democratic Rep. Rafael Anchia can be seen on video challenging Laubenberg's amendment, asking "What would be the impact on children? How many children would be kicked off the plan with the amendment that you're proposing?" Laubenberg insisted that the answer was "none."

"I have a document before me that estimates that your amendment would kick 95,480 children off of CHIP," Anchia responded. Laubenberg began shouting about that being "ABSOLUTELY UNTRUE ... THERE ARE MISINFORMATION." But what it boiled down to was this: Anchia was talking about prenatal care and "... when the children are born in this country, they are US citizens are they not? So you do know, don't you, that they are US citizen children, correct?"

To which Laubenberg responded blankly "But they're not born yet."

actually you did try to dehumanize the child. It is human and it is alive, yet you wish to call it by a stage of its development because to you that gives someone a 'choice' about whether they should end that human life.

And you call it a child and claim it is "alive" because to refer to it accurately would take away all the emotional impact of your argument.

thanks for proving yet again what an idiot you are. Why do you deny science desh?

Argue all day about whether you think the child should be entitled to rights or not... that is debatable. But when you pretend it is not a unique human life, you are simply denying science and making yourself look foolish.

It's not.

Not until it emerges from the birth canal and can sustain it's own life.

I go out once a day and find a pregnant woman. I berate her until she aborts her child. I am 3 for 3 so far this week.

Ah, but that's not what you said a moment ago.

Having an abortion for "any reason".

and

"using abortion as birth control"

are not the same thing.
I don't know too many pro-choice people who support repeated abortions for birth control purposes. But I don't think anyone on the forced birther side can point to very many women who have had multiple abortions for that or any other reason.

Ah, but that's not what you said a moment ago.

Having an abortion for "any reason".

and

"using abortion as birth control"

are not the same thing.

Very well. What do you consider a more casual or callous use of abortion that you would be opposed to it? We have actually discussed some on this site, so I can probably guess. Either way, there's nothing either if us can do about it.

Very well. What do you consider a more casual or callous use of abortion that you would be opposed to it? We have actually discussed some on this site, so I can probably guess. Either way, there's nothing either if us can do about it.

I can answer that....forced abortion.

I don't know too many pro-choice people who support repeated abortions for birth control purposes. But I don't think anyone on the forced birther side can point to very many women who have had multiple abortions for that or any other reason.

Well, therein lies the rub. It is a medical procedure after all, and rather unpleasant, how many women are really looking to use it as birth control?

I did once, long ago, work with a girl who had four abortions in like two years, and it was obvious she was using it as birth control. I was completely befuddled then, and so was everyone else who knew. It's very rare. It exists, and so of course, righties, being much like the media, find the most sensational case they can, and then talk about it all the time and project it onto everyone.

My guess the girl who was doing that, funny I stil remember her name and it was not a common one, had much bigger problems going on. I can see that now. I didn't realize it back then.

Well, therein lies the rub. It is a medical procedure after all, and rather unpleasant, how many women are really looking to use it as birth control?

Just reading about the procedure in "Our Bodies Our Selves" back when I was a teen made me decide I was going to be totally rigorous about birth control...who wants to go through that if it's avoidable?

Maybe there are a few like Darla's acquaintance out there. But that's why we need full education about birth control AND free or cheap birth control, so people know how to use it and will use it.

Just reading about the procedure in "Our Bodies Our Selves" back when I was a teen made me decide I was going to be totally rigorous about birth control...who wants to go through that if it's avoidable?

Maybe there are a few like Darla's acquaintance out there. But that's why we need full education about birth control AND free or cheap birth control, so people know how to use it and will use it.

Looking back I suspect she was in an abusive and controlling relationship.

Back