Just booked a vacation in Orlando...

I wish. I'm just glad the hotel has an internet connection.

we just got back from Dominican republic. They have relatively inexpensive all inclusive short getaway packages listed. if you can talk a grandparent or aunt into taking the kiddies for a 3 or 4 day period, I'd recommend it.

From what I recall, the Tower of Terror was the best ride. It was a free fall ride inside and you didn't know whether or not you were going up or down.
That would be cool. But seriously, if you think Disney coasters are cool. Well... You really haven't ridden a coaster. I was disappointed with it at Disney Land when I went there at 14, but by then I had been on many better coasters. I remember when I traveled to Ohio just to ride "The Bat" and I worked at the local amusement park that had one of the best wooden coasters I have ever been on.

That would be cool. But seriously, if you think Disney coasters are cool. Well... You really haven't ridden a coaster. I was disappointed with it at Disney Land when I went there at 14, but by then I had been on many better coasters. I remember when I traveled to Ohio just to ride "The Bat" and I worked at the local amusement park that had one of the best wooden coasters I have ever been on.

Yeah. I'm into roller coasters too. Actually I picked my major (Mech Eng) just so I could design them. As you can see, that never panned out. One of my favorites is at Six Flags in Jersey. Its a shame I'll never ride it again, but the Anaconda is about one minute of pure adrenaline.

the first hill is just about vertical.

Jesus Christ you'd have to chloroform me to get me on that fucking thing.

Why won't you ever go on it again Tiana, did it close?

Jesus Christ you'd have to chloroform me to get me on that fucking thing.

Why won't you ever go on it again Tiana, did it close?

No. The place is so ghetto now. Tri-state area trash just pours in by the bus load. we had a very bad experience there a couple of years ago. I'd only go if it was being sponsored by a corporate event. And I'm not just being a snob. I mean there are gangs there, people cut in line, and they have no respect for other ppl. Its just not my cup of tea. My boyfriends company rents out another local amusement park once a year and I get my fix then.

space mountain is a standard roller coaster it's not a 4 year old coaster, i doubt they could even get on it. I want to neg rep you so bad right now. but i just can't bring myself too

The one at Busch Gardens in Tampa looked pretty wild. My daughter loved it.

I don't really like roller coasters. I rode one when we went to Busch Gardens. My wife and daughter rode in the car in front of me, and I was in a car with some 10 year old kid. The restraining bar was loose enough that we could slide around. I had to keep my right arm clamped on the side of the car so I didn't crush the little kid.

I had a bruise on my bicep for a week.

space mountain is a standard roller coaster it's not a 4 year old coaster, i doubt they could even get on it. I want to neg rep you so bad right now. but i just can't bring myself too

LOL. Sorry to say. I actually got on it when I was 4. That was back in the early 80s. Anything went then.

I have to admitt the last time I was on a rollercoaster I laughed incessantly.

Cicus Circus a couple of years ago.

The one at Busch Gardens in Tampa looked pretty wild. My daughter loved it.

I don't really like roller coasters. I rode one when we went to Busch Gardens. My wife and daughter rode in the car in front of me, and I was in a car with some 10 year old kid. The restraining bar was loose enough that we could slide around. I had to keep my right arm clamped on the side of the car so I didn't crush the little kid.

I had a bruise on my bicep for a week.

I don't get ppl that don't like roller coasters. My boyfriend doesn't like them either.

How can you not like roller coasters?! They're awesome!

No. The place is so ghetto now. Tri-state area trash just pours in by the bus load. we had a very bad experience there a couple of years ago. I'd only go if it was being sponsored by a corporate event. And I'm not just being a snob. I mean there are gangs there, people cut in line, and they have no respect for other ppl. Its just not my cup of tea. My boyfriends company rents out another local amusement park once a year and I get my fix then.

Wow. I haven't been there in a long time, so I didn't know.

I still prefer Sea World to Disney. But Disney is great with kids.

I have not been to the Animal Kingdom, but I can't imagine that it is better than Busch Gardens.

Orlando is really, very affordable if you know what you are doing. You can get nice rooms very cheap. There are good values on dinner shows. The park prices are not so bad either, if you can come back 5-10 times a year. :)

I still prefer Sea World to Disney. But Disney is great with kids.

I have not been to the Animal Kingdom, but I can't imagine that it is better than Busch Gardens.

Orlando is really, very affordable if you know what you are doing. You can get nice rooms very cheap. There are good values on dinner shows. The park prices are not so bad either, if you can come back 5-10 times a year. :)

It might depend on how old your kids are. Younger kids especially would love all the features on offer. The mall there (miles long, no kidding!) was pretty impressive, too. Personally, I'd prefer Sea World hands down. We were in Orlando a few years ago for a conference and were able to hook up with some family who live there. We avoided the usual tourist traps and went to the dragstrip, which for us was a lot of fun.

Back