Just booked a vacation in Orlando...

Six Flags turned everyplace ghetto with their seasons passes. When they started that is when I quit working for the amusement park I worked at, all the white trash would drop off their kids and pick them up at the end of the day, the gangs took over. It really stank up the place.

That one closed. It was a pretty boring one overall, but the height increased its effect.

Sorry, I should have clarified... I meant the new one that is up there. Not really a coaster, but it makes you hang facing straight down off the Stratosphere.

Sorry, I should have clarified... I meant the new one that is up there. Not really a coaster, but it makes you hang facing straight down off the Stratosphere.
Ah, yeah, that's a "ride" not a coaster. It's pretty cool, especially if you sit in the front.

islands of adventure has the hulk which is badass and dueling dragons which are also good.

i agree epcot sucks so hard.

Incredible HULK.... YEEESSSSSS! Front row, arms in the air the whole ride, the ONLY way to go. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.

Try Dr. Doom's(?) death drop (near the SpiderMan 3D ride). SpiderMan 3D gives me a headache, but most "3D" things do.

Dueling Dragons are fun... front row, arms, you know the drill. The worst part of the Dragons in the front row is that when you crest the initial hill, it makes you slide forward in the seat and catches you by surprise. I'm like "WTF!"

Emerill's is overrated and expensive. Go to Pasta Amore instead.

Non ride fun try BlueMan Group - Gotta be in the front row! Lots of messy fun. Bring / get a poncho.

Animal Kingdom - Everest Adventure is a definite. Use the EASY-PASS ro get there very early - it will have long lines.

Anything else you want to know about Disney / Orlando?

I love roller coaster - big ones, little ones, adult ones, kiddie ones, steel rail or wooden. It's ALLLL good!

epcot is great for eating and shopping. We like to end a day by eating in "Morocco." Then you get some drinks and pastries from "France," watch the Fireworks. After the fireworks, hang out and enjoy the pastries and goodies while everyone else runs for the exits. It takes the same amount of time to get out of the park because you sit and enjoy the time instead of sit in traffic trying to get out.

Last edited:
Um... That's called passing out. Maybe it was too much for you.

No. Not at all. Seriously. There were a couple of rides up there my friend and I got on two of them. I thought they both sucked, but her stomach was bothering her and her picture was the highlight of the rides.

From what I recall, the Tower of Terror was the best ride. It was a free fall ride inside and you didn't know whether or not you were going up or down.

I rode it wrong the first time. I clamped down in terror and refused to move with the ride, so it gave me some of the most intense nausea I've ever had in my life. I moved with the ride the second time and it was much more fun, but God my head was still spinning when I fell to sleep 12 hours later because of the first time.

That would be cool. But seriously, if you think Disney coasters are cool. Well... You really haven't ridden a coaster. I was disappointed with it at Disney Land when I went there at 14, but by then I had been on many better coasters. I remember when I traveled to Ohio just to ride "The Bat" and I worked at the local amusement park that had one of the best wooden coasters I have ever been on.

My only roller coaster rides were in Disneyland, but I can remember be dissapointed that there wasn't anything bigger than the one in Animal Kingdom, because they all start to get tame after the first few times you've ridden them.

I rode it wrong the first time. I clamped down in terror and refused to move with the ride, so it gave me some of the most intense nausea I've ever had in my life. I moved with the ride the second time and it was much more fun, but God my head was still spinning when I fell to sleep 12 hours later because of the first time.

I get like that when I get on spinning rides. Those are the worst for me. Esp if they are inside.

OMG - MY BAD

I posted the wrong ride! This is actually my favorite in the whole world. For some reason I just now watched the whole video, and I'm like, wait, that doesn't look steep....anyway, enjoy kids:

Kids get to go to Disney World, Disney Animal Kingdom, etc.

Me? I get to tag along and buy stuff.

:cof1:

Our first trip there was the best. I don't know if they still offer the 'all inclusive' but was way cool. 9 nights, 10 days-we had 3 little ones, 18 mo-5 years, naps required. Wrote the check before we left for Orlando, other than tips and souvenirs, didn't spend another cent. Even adult beverages and 'child care', in evenings was included-used the last only once, when we went to Alberts & somebody. ;) Stayed at Grand Floridian, which I enjoyed but didn't want to repeat-too busy.

All the 'shows', character breakfasts, restaurants, even tickets for 'vendors' for ice cream & such. Water parks, blah, blah. It's Disney. At the time I think the package was around $6k, that was for 2 adults, 2 kids, 18mo old was 'free.' Of course that was in 1986.

I get like that when I get on spinning rides. Those are the worst for me. Esp if they are inside.

One time my father took me and my two brothers to Coney Island after we went to visit his sister (my aunt) in Brooklyn. I don't remember why my mom wasn't there, but I feel like she was sick. Anyway, we saw this ride and I wanted to go on it, I thought it was a Haunted House. And I told my Dad, it's a haunted house ride. He had no idea so we got on, and we had my younger brother with me, who was really very young the poor thing. Me and my older brother were in our early teens at least.

It wasn't a haunted house at all, it was just painted with spooky images on the outside. It was one of those gravity spinners. My fucking father went nuts, he was trying to hold onto my little brother while yelling out "Darla I'm going to kill you" and my older brother was laughing hysterically. I'm stopping during writing this because I'm laughing that hard just remembering it.

Well when it finally stopped I was scared, but my father was so relieved that it was over that he just said, I need to go get a drink, and he wasn't even mad at me. He was shaking like a leaf and white as a ghost the rest of the day. I'll never forget it.

We're thinking about doing the cruise thing next year. I usually just go camping, this spending money crap is for the birds!

One time my father took me and my two brothers to Coney Island after we went to visit his sister (my aunt) in Brooklyn. I don't remember why my mom wasn't there, but I feel like she was sick. Anyway, we saw this ride and I wanted to go on it, I thought it was a Haunted House. And I told my Dad, it's a haunted house ride. He had no idea so we got on, and we had my younger brother with me, who was really very young the poor thing. Me and my older brother were in our early teens at least.

It wasn't a haunted house at all, it was just painted with spooky images on the outside. It was one of those gravity spinners. My fucking father went nuts, he was trying to hold onto my little brother while yelling out "Darla I'm going to kill you" and my older brother was laughing hysterically. I'm stopping during writing this because I'm laughing that hard just remembering it.

Well when it finally stopped I was scared, but my father was so relieved that it was over that he just said, I need to go get a drink, and he wasn't even mad at me. He was shaking like a leaf and white as a ghost the rest of the day. I'll never forget it.
LOL. That story rocks.

I still prefer Sea World to Disney. But Disney is great with kids.

I have not been to the Animal Kingdom, but I can't imagine that it is better than Busch Gardens.

Orlando is really, very affordable if you know what you are doing. You can get nice rooms very cheap. There are good values on dinner shows. The park prices are not so bad either, if you can come back 5-10 times a year. :)

I really liked Sea World, it is better than Animal Kingdom. What I did like at AK was the dino ride, but again, my kids were small and it was the first year it opened, on a later visit. My folks moved to Boca Raton in 1994, then we did Disney World like 15 times, then it got old. Haven't been back since 1999, would like to know what's new and if worth going.

BTW, my fav ride was "Tower of Terror." I like roller coasters, Disney's are tame. I hate, hate, hate ferris wheels.

Back