Just got a letter from AETNA...

The Republicans over player their hand, now Americans will see the truth!

Last edited:
We got a letter today from AETNA. My employee's health insurance is going down $130 per month because they can no longer legally up-rate her for a pre-existing condition.

That's an extra $1,560 in my pocket per year.

Thank you Obama!

Maybe you could do these people a favor Jarod and call them and tell them they're not doing it right. Either that or they are just flat out lying. Maybe you could call the Merc and tell them they need to do better background checks on their subjects?

Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today,"

Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_24248486/obamacares-winners-and-losers-bay-area

I find most of this very odd. Some claim a cheaper rate, others claim a dramatically more expensive rate but I don't see any particulars on any of the "plans". There are literally thousands of different plans all with differing premiums ranging from $15 per month to over $15,000 per month. How any of these will compare to any rates achieved via Obamacare is yet to be seen. Obamacare also has literally thousands of premiums with many of them based purely on bare minimum coverage and low to no income all the way to extremely high coverage and generated for the more higher income types.

Where's the beef, you might ask? The beef is whatever you want it to be with only minimums and personal income to guide you in your choices. Obamacare remains the greatest thing since Social Security in 1933. At least everyone now has a chance to participate in an insurance plan regardless their income or lack of it and can be treated without the continued dependencies on emergency rooms for their care and the horrendous costs the rest of up have to pay when a $40 office visit was all they actually needed.

Petula

I find most of this very odd. Some claim a cheaper rate, others claim a dramatically more expensive rate but I don't see any particulars on any of the "plans". There are literally thousands of different plans all with differing premiums ranging from $15 per month to over $15,000 per month. How any of these will compare to any rates achieved via Obamacare is yet to be seen. Obamacare also has literally thousands of premiums with many of them based purely on bare minimum coverage and low to no income all the way to extremely high coverage and generated for the more higher income types.

Where's the beef, you might ask? The beef is whatever you want it to be with only minimums and personal income to guide you in your choices. Obamacare remains the greatest thing since Social Security in 1933. At least everyone now has a chance to participate in an insurance plan regardless their income or lack of it and can be treated without the continued dependencies on emergency rooms for their care and the horrendous costs the rest of up have to pay when a $40 office visit was all they actually needed.

Petula
Agree about the nature of these vague claims. And, far and away, most of the complaints come from those who got 'free' or very low contribution on their part coverage from employers. This has always been a ploy to keep wages lower, and offer this tax free benefit in lieu of income.

Employers now have an excuse to remove this benefit, and blame POTUS. There is no law that forces employers to lower plan quality, or remove aforementioned perk from an employees benefit package. The Cadillac tax is meant to stop wasteful charges to insurers.

So, Jarod, did you consider maybe passing the savings on health insurance on to your employee as a pay increase. I mean, the monetary value of her compensation has decreased if you pocket the savings yourself.

So, Jarod, did you consider maybe passing the savings on health insurance on to your employee as a pay increase. I mean, the monetary value of her compensation has decreased if you pocket the savings yourself.
If you get a deal on a company car, you don't pass the savings on to employees. You give them the car, and they're thrilled to have it.

We got a letter today from AETNA. My employee's health insurance is going down $130 per month because they can no longer legally up-rate her for a pre-existing condition.

That's an extra $1,560 in my pocket per year.

Thank you Obama!
Every employer I've talked to has said insurance keeps going up. If what you say is true, you're an extremely rare case. There's nothing in the news to suggest anything like what you're saying.

Can you find anything, anywhere in the news that has at least one business making such a statement?

I just got a letter from President Obama.

He says the country made a terrible mistake in the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections and that he now realizes he is unqualified for the job.

Thank you Obama.

I just got a letter from President Obama. He says the country made a terrible mistake in the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections and that he now realizes he is unqualified for the job. Thank you Obama.

So you say.

189654d1363885092-hva-lytter-du-til-i-dag-del-3-20120622052737-rofl.gif

Every employer I've talked to has said insurance keeps going up. If what you say is true, you're an extremely rare case. There's nothing in the news to suggest anything like what you're saying.

Can you find anything, anywhere in the news that has at least one business making such a statement?

Well,,,, it looks like this thread has died.

Maybe you could do these people a favor Jarod and call them and tell them they're not doing it right. Either that or they are just flat out lying. Maybe you could call the Merc and tell them they need to do better background checks on their subjects?

Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.

Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.

Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.

"I was laughing at Boehner -- until the mail came today,"

Waschura said, referring to House Speaker John Boehner, who is leading the Republican charge to defund Obamacare.

"I really don't like the Republican tactics, but at least now I can understand why they are so pissed about this. When you take $10,000 out of my family's pocket each year, that's otherwise disposable income or retirement savings that will not be going into our local economy."

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_24248486/obamacares-winners-and-losers-bay-area

So their plan didn't meet the parameters of the ACA; obviously, their plans sucked before - maybe lifetime limit? maybe didn't cover pre-existing conditions? So now they have a better policy.

They should go to the exchanges and see whether they can get a policy that better meets the needs of their families and their budgets. As VN said, there are a lot of different plans out there. (And VN, I really wish you would change your moniker. I hate to quote you because of it.)

So their plan didn't meet the parameters of the ACA; obviously, their plans sucked before - maybe lifetime limit? maybe didn't cover pre-existing conditions? So now they have a better policy.

They should go to the exchanges and see whether they can get a policy that better meets the needs of their families and their budgets. As VN said, there are a lot of different plans out there. (And VN, I really wish you would change your moniker. I hate to quote you because of it.)

What happened to being able to keep your existing plan if you want to? (unless this is the same plan just at a higher rate)

Back