Just got back from Manhattan!

Manhattan is great to visit but not a good place to live. Stacking all them people atop each other can't be good.

I simply could not afford to live there. I gotta' have wheels too. AND IT GETS COLDER THERE THAN A CAST IRON COMMODE IN AN IGLOO!

Not to worry, I'm a Cowboys fan!

But WOW! How about that Eastern Division this year? Who ever gets to the Gloating bowl this year has to come through the East to get there!

Sorry about the Cowboys last week too! I'm in San Antonio and watched the 2nd half at a local Buffalo Wild Wings. I was suprised that there were so many Green Bay fans there.

Rednecks wouldn't bitch about New Yorkers if they'd just keep moving! Don't they know, "Hey, we're walkin' here!".

Rednecks in NYC
A redneck and his son visit New York City for the first time. They walk into a hotel and see an elevator.

"What's that thing, pa?" the redneck kid asks.

"I got no idea junior" the redneck dad says.

Just then, the doors open and an elderly woman steps in. The doors close. A few second later the doors open again and a beautiful young blonde steps out.

"Damn," the redneck dad says. "I still got no idea what that thing is but you shove your ma in there right now!"

Rednecks in NYC
A redneck and his son visit New York City for the first time. They walk into a hotel and see an elevator.

"What's that thing, pa?" the redneck kid asks.

"I got no idea junior" the redneck dad says.

Just then, the doors open and an elderly woman steps in. The doors close. A few second later the doors open again and a beautiful young blonde steps out.

"Damn," the redneck dad says. "I still got no idea what that thing is but you shove your ma in there right now!"

LOL, nice :)

I just got back from a long weekend in Manhattan.

I gotta tell you, I LOVE Manhattan. I always have such a great time.

Me too. I'm probably the only straight man on the planet who likes Broadway musicals.
I love the little Italian bistros on Mulberry Street.
I used to love boxing at MSG, although it's pretty much gone now.
I loved B.B.King's on 42nd Street although that shut down, unfortunately..
I like getting off the train at Mid Town instead of trying to schlep myself into the city from Laguardia.

Manhattan is a fun place. [Just bring money.]

It brings up a thought, though. Many of the places I loved in the cities that I loved to visit have shut down.
I guess that's part of getting old.
It's like life telling you that you may still be here, but your world no longer exists.
You can't really imagine it until you have to experience it.
Maybe it's life's way of helping you let go and get ready to leave.

Last edited:
You mean you went to that “shithole.” Didn’t you get jumped, attacked, robbed, or assaulted?

Amazing how far removed from reality many right wingers are, especially those who view Fox loyally

Perfectly safe, rode the subway till 11 P.M. with my young daughter, perfectly safe!

Sorry about the Cowboys last week too! I'm in San Antonio and watched the 2nd half at a local Buffalo Wild Wings. I was suprised that there were so many Green Bay fans there.

It just wouldn't seem right if the Boys didn't have to come from behind to win the division!

They can't win em' all. Looking forward to catching up with the Giants next week!

Don't let anyone tell you that Rodgers is all washed up- He was on fire yesterday in the 4th quarter and overtime- WHEN IT COUNTED!

And my Cowboys got a spankin'!

Last edited:
I have so many great friends who live in the Big Apple, I've personally met and partied with through all my extensive Business travel there, I'll never have to use Expedia when I visit there- ever again. And the same thing goes for when my friends, from there, come to see me, as well!

I have never understood why Rednecks have always said, they hate New Yorkers. City folk or Country folk- these are some of the nicest and friendliest people anyone would ever want to meet.

The people couldn’t have been more friendly.

Me too. I'm probably the only straight man on the planet who likes Broadway musicals.
I like getting off the train at Mid Town instead of trying to schlep myself into the city from Laguardia.

It brings up a thought, though. Many of the places I loved in the cities that I loved to visit have shut down.
It's like life telling you that you may still be here, but your world no longer exists.

Nope! I love the Musicals and 42nd Street- saw Cats 2 times!

2 different Hot dates though!

Does anyone remember Mama Leones? Best Italian food and atmosphere ever!

I love those Restaurants where you sit at a large round bar, and the food comes by on a conveyor belt- YOU WAIT TILL SOMETHING COMES BY YOU WANT AND GRAB IT! Never seen anything like it anywhere!

Hell, I love TGI Fridays on Broadway! It's like no other. It's more like Dick's Last Resort there, where everybody folds their napkins into Pirate hats and wears them, and someone is always buying drinks for everyone and stuff like that! Fun Place!

The folks know how and where to eat up there.

The very best Mexican Food I ever ate was RIGHT THERE on Broadway- and I am a hard to please Texan!

Last edited:

I love musicals, saw Wicked this time, it was great. Lots of good food in lil Italy and Chinatown and Chelsea. No bars as I was traveling with my 15 year old daughter.

Nope! I love the Musicals and 42nd Street- saw Cats 2 times!

2 different Hot dates though!

Does anyone remember Mama Leones?

I love those Restaurants where you sit at a large round bar, and the food comes by on a conveyor belt- YOU WAIT TILL SOMETHING COMES BY YOU WANT AND GRAB IT! Never seen anything like it anywhere!

Hell, I love TGI Fridays on Broadway! It's like no other.

The folks know how and where to eat up there.

Mama Leones was a great place also the russian tea room

There used to be over 300 kosher delis now on 20 in the city

Back