Just got back from Manhattan!

I'm a pizza and bread expert. I tried to enjoy the big floppy slice I bought at a gas station but I like a crust that can stand up to some meat.

You were trying NYC pizza and you bought a slice at a gas station? Not an “expert” move

Yep thats where it was first brought over from italy

Patsy's in NYC was one of the first pizzerias in America.

Opened in 1933 and is still there in the same location.

The only place Frank Sinatra would eat pizza.

When he'd fly in to the airport, the cab driver would have to take him there first.

:thumbsup:

You were trying NYC pizza and you bought a slice at a gas station? Not an “expert” move
It's all the same. Floppy crust, canned sauce and 2 bits worth of cheese. I make an American version of Sicilian style pizza where the bread is the show.

It's all the same. Floppy crust, canned sauce and 2 bits worth of cheese. I make an American version of Sicilian style pizza where the bread is the show.

I'll confess to liking both kinds. They're both called "pizza," but they're not really the same thing.

I'll confess to liking both kinds. They're both called "pizza," but they're not really the same thing.
Wolfgang Puck was the best thing to happen to pizza. He came to LA with a 9", wood fired personal pizza that was on your table in less than 10 minutes.

Wow, pizza, what kept warm under a countertop heater, is the same as a slice in the City? You are not an expert, far from it

Wow, pizza, what kept warm under a countertop heater, is the same as a slice in the City? You are not an expert, far from it
Pizza should not be floppy. NYC pizza is intentionally made with a soggy crust to be sold by the slice.

Pizza should not be floppy. NYC pizza is intentionally made with a soggy crust to be sold by the slice.

I don’t know, anyone who tells me their any expert but uses gas station pizza as his sample to offer an opinion makes anyone skeptical

Growing up on Long Island, we used to take the train into the city two or three times a month.

There's no greater place on the face of the planet.

If I could afford to live anywhere, and money was no object, drop my smilin' ass in the middle of Manhattan and let me be...

Probably cause you didn’t a pizza there in a gas station

Now answer a question honestly, have you ever even had pizza on Mulberry Street in NYC?
I know when I'm in the Bronx, otherwise I'm lost in NYC. My point is there's better pizza out there.

Back