JustPlainPolitics Stock Market Game

I thought that buying a bunch of random diverse stocks might shield me.

It didn't. Then again, I didn't lose as much as diving, who has all his money in like four stocks.

I'm actually doing the second "best". :)

Besides you of course since you don't have anything in there you can't lose it.

Last edited:
Actually I'm the only one above 1 million right now. I've actually made money today, though that could change.

Last edited:
Don't steal my stocks you cheater. Do you your own research.

But yeah solar is probably a good buy. I'm no chapdog, but that industry is going places.

I've got a bunch more that haven't gone through yet, but I've gotta go to class so I can't stick around to see if they were smart or not.

Guess I'll find out in a couple of hours.

Don't steal my stocks you cheater. Do you your own research.

But yeah solar is probably a good buy. I'm no chapdog, but that industry is going places.

agreed. Solar should do well because with this aid package, the dollar will fall causing oil to spike up hard. The higher oil gets, the more cost competitive alt energy like solar gets. Add in the fact that solar has been kicked hard in the balls the last couple of months... good time to buy.

I have oil and solar.

I figure whatever happens there's just going to be a ton of money pumped into the energy markets.

Tell me if that's retarded.

And now I just gained 0.2% in about five minutes. The stocks that had been doing good thirty minutes ago tanked and others picked up.

The stock market doesn't make any sense.

I have oil and solar.

I figure whatever happens there's just going to be a ton of money pumped into the energy markets.

Tell me if that's retarded.

No, not retarded. oil and solar should do well. I have both in my portfolio, though I imagine I am playing oil a bit differently than you. I also have Nat Gas, Gold and Grain. Essentially I am betting the dollar falls apart.

And now I just gained 0.2% in about five minutes. The stocks that had been doing good thirty minutes ago tanked and others picked up.

The stock market doesn't make any sense.

The dollar started up this morning... which would take your solar and oil down.... then the dollar reversed and started back down, which brings your stocks back up.

Makes perfect sense.... if you watch the dollar moves...

Back