Kabbalah

Yeah, I've heard of it. But you're insulting my religion.

And I am in "the business". I'm in the business of paying the bills. It's not glamorous and you should stop bringing it up unless you're asking for my autograph or you want to invest.

Say what....?

Yeah, I've heard of it. But you're insulting my religion.
And I am in "the business". I'm in the business of paying the bills. It's not glamorous and you should stop bringing it up unless you're asking for my autograph or you want to invest.

I am insulting your religion...You said you do not subscribe to Kabbalah...and gave little notice to Scientology except saying it was a cult...never mind you said this of both...so are you referring to Judiasm? Which was not mentioned?

And no thank you I have all the important autographs I would want or need...as for investing...hummm...lay it out in the open forum...what is your project about...maybe I will or maybe some others would be interested!...Fair enough?

No, you're pretty damn wrong. The Church of Scientology is a corporate cult and Kabbalah is a sect and philosophical following of Jewish religion with no particular leader.

I don't subscribe to Kabbalah myself, but there are plenty of perfectly normal people who do.
True, I was also going to post the story with the well-known Kabbalists in Israel stating how much Madonna disgusted them. But I didn't have time to get it.

These people are not attempting to take over the planet through any violent means, or really through even non-violent means. They believe that a Moshiach will come who will unite the world through his clear benevolence.

True, I was also going to post the story with the well-known Kabbalists in Israel stating how much Madonna disgusted them. But I didn't have time to get it.

These people are not attempting to take over the planet through any violent means, or really through even non-violent means. They believe that a Moshiach will come who will unite the world through his clear benevolence.

Actually, they do believe they must take certain steps in preparing for the arrival of moshiach. One step is "compelling" all people to follow the noahide laws. SOrry, thems the facts of the matter.

http://www.watch.pair.com/law.html

The doctrines of the Lubavitch Movement are derived from the Kabbalah, the source book of Jewish mysticism or Gnosticism. The Encyclopedia of Religion states that the Lubavitch Hasidic interpretation of the Lurianic system of Kabbalah is among those taught in traditional Jewish institutions:
"The dominant brand of Qabbalah in the modern Qabbalistic Yeshivot (traditional Jewish academies) is the Lurianic system. It is studied according to the interpretations offered by Mosheh Hayyim Luzzatto, by Eliyyahu ben Shelomoh Aalman, by Habad, the Lubavitch Hasidic Movement and by the Sefardic Qabbalists of the Beit El Academy in Jerusalem." 1.
The "Lurianic system" of Kabalah was developed by Rabbi Luria (Ari). Rabbi Luria is identified by the Encyclopedia of Religion as the most influential of the Kabbalist/Theosophists: "The success of Luria's thought was instantaneous: his theosophy was accepted unanimously . . . and his Qabbalah was regarded as superior to the Cordoverian system." 2.
H.P. Blavatsky traces the Kabbalah to the ancient mysteries of Babylon and Egypt: "As is well known, the Kabala never originated with the Jews, who got their ideas from the Chaldeans and the Egyptians." 3. Blavatsky stated in her Theosophical Glossary: "The kabalist is a student of 'secret science',... This secret doctrine is identical with that of the Chaldeans, and includes at the same time much of the Persian wisdom, or 'magic'... [T]he Kabala is derived directly from the primeval Secret Doctrine of the East; through the Vedas, the Upanishads, Orpheus and Thales, Pythagoras and the Egyptians. Whatever its source, its substratum is at any rate identical with that of all the other systems from the Book of the Dead down to the later Gnostics."

The Secret Book of the Egyptian Gnostics claims that the sacred Book of the Cave of Treasures is alleged to contain the secret teachings that were written by Adam who, prior to his interment in Persia, transmitted them to Noah. According to the Gnostic tradition, "nascent Christianity" commingled with Zoroastrianism and the commands of Adam to Noah were preserved in Persia for the generations to come:

"The principle work in which ...all these traditions became synchrotized was The Book of the Cave of Treasures...It puts all these revelations into the mouth of Adam as the first of a long series of prophets, who predicts how the Magi will await the announcement of the Saviour, near this cave in which Adam himself will have been interred, and where the Treasures are concealed which the Magi will carry to Bethlehem...
"In The Book of the Cave of Treasures ...let us quote from it these lines, supposedly spoken by the Magi: Adam imparted revelations to his son Seth...he recommended his son Seth never to fail in justice as he Adam had done. Seth welcomed the teaching of his father with a pure heart and it was given to him to inscribe this wisdom in a book and to teach it...And thanks to him, for the first time in this world, there was seen a book written in the name of the Most High. Seth bequeathed to his descendents the book thus written, and that book was handed down even to Noah...(who) took with him into the Ark the books of these teachings... He ordained in his turn that the generation that came after him were to repeat...the mysteries in the books of Seth...These mysteries and this narrative were handed down even to our fathers...who passed them on to us." 4.

The Encyclopedia of Judaism locates the Noachide Laws in the Talmud Bavli, the Babylonian Talmud.
[NOTE: On the Babylonian Talmud (T.B.), the following statement is representative Jewish scholarship: "There are two editions of the Talmud, the Jerusalem Talmud and the Babylonian Talmud. Of these two, the Babylonian Talmud is authoritative for Orthodox Judaism, which regards it as divinely inspired... The superiority of the Babylonian Talmud is so great, that when people now talk about the Talmud, they always mean the Babylonian Talmud. The authority of the Babylonian Talmud is also greater than that of the Jerusalem Talmud. In cases of doubt the former is decisive."] 5.

The Noachide Laws - The Encyclopedia of Judaism

(1) Civil justice [the duty to establish a legal system];
(2) Prohibition of blasphemy [which includes the bearing of false witness];
(3) The abandonment of idolatry;
(4) The prohibition of incest [including adultery and other sexual offenses];
(5) The prohibition of murder;
(6) Also that of theft;
(7) The law against eating flesh [a limb] cut from a living animal [ie., cruelty in any shape or form] (T.B. Sanh. 56A)

The Talmud also states the penalty for disobedience: "One additional element of greater severity is that violation of any one of the seven laws subjects the Noahide to capital punishment by decapitation. (Sanh. 57A)"

The Chabad Lubavitch in Cyberspace provides information on the Noahide Laws:

The Seven Noahide Laws - A Guide for Mankind
In Depth Look at the Seven Noachide Laws

The Noachide Code And The Messianic Era
Courts Of Law

It has been pointed out that the second Noahide Law which prohibits blasphemy will preclude the worship of Jesus Christ, who was once accused of this very crime by the Sanhedrin. Moses Maimonides (Rabbi Moshe Ben Maimon - 1138*1204), better known as the Rambam, is universally recognized for his preeminence as a Jewish philosopher and thinker. His influence remains unabated until the present time. Maimonides classic work, Mishnah Torah, opens with a section on systematic philosophical theology, derived largely from Aristotelian science and metaphysics.

Maimonides Mishnah Torah, in Chapter 10 of the English Translation, states concerning Jesus Christ:

"It is a mitzvah [religious duty; ARC], however, to eradicate Jewish traitors, minnim, and apikorsim, and to cause them to descend to the pit of destruction, since they cause difficulty to the Jews and sway the people away from God, as did Jesus of Nazareth and his students, and Tzadok, Baithos, and their students. May the name of the wicked rot." 6.
The Mishnah is the early Talmud or the forerunner of the Talmud. To the Mishnah the rabbis later added the Gemara (rabbinical commentaries). Together these comprise the Talmud. Scholars will claim that the Talmud is partly a collection of oral traditions given by Moses which had not yet been written down in Jesus' time. However, Christ condemned the traditions of the Mishnah (early Talmud) and the Scribes and Pharisees who taught it, because the Talmud nullifies the teachings of Scripture. The warning of Jesus Christ about the traditions of men that make null and void the Word of God (Mark 7:1-13) is a direct reference to the Mishnah.

Actually, they do believe they must take certain steps in preparing for the arrival of moshiach. One step is "compelling" all people to follow the noahide laws. SOrry, thems the facts of the matter.
However, the Talmud says that they "compel" them by simply being moral. That people will naturally follow them if they act morally. The idea that "compel" in this case means that they will actually force you is only held by an even smaller and more powerless group than these.

I would post the story if I can still find it as it was a small story yesterday. They speak of them in the story, and ostracize them by saying, "wickedness is drawn to sanctity and therefore those who are wicked will be naturally drawn towards this, to use it."

Yet you say that they don't say anything against those small splinter groups that talk, but never walk. When was the last time you were approached by a Kabbalist telling you how you have to act?

However, the Talmud says that they "compel" them by simply being moral. That people will naturally follow them if they act morally. The idea that "compel" in this case means that they will actually force you is only held by an even smaller and more powerless group than these.

I would post the story if I can still find it as it was a small story yesterday. They speak of them in the story, and ostracize them by saying, "wickedness is drawn to sanctity and therefore those who are wicked will be naturally drawn towards this, to use it."

Yet you say that they don't say anything against those small splinter groups that talk, but never walk. When was the last time you were approached by a Kabbalist telling you how you have to act?

Just like c.a.i.r. renounces terrorism.

Let's see them renounce the noahide laws, which are theocratic, and forbid idolatry, and come from the talmud.

Just like c.a.i.r. renounces terrorism.

Let's see them renounce the noahide laws, which are theocratic, and forbid idolatry, and come from the talmud.
Right. Why would they need to? The prediction is that we will all see the awesome benevolence of the Moshiach and just willingly go that route. It isn't going to happen, it is ridiculous on its face. They can believe that without harm to me, I'm good with that.

Right. Why would they need to? The prediction is that we will all see the awesome benevolence of the Moshiach and just willingly go that route. It isn't going to happen, it is ridiculous on its face.

They believe they are to prepare the world for the arrival of moshiach. Bringing the world under the noahide laws is part of that preparation. And laws against idolatry with decapitation as the penalty does not seem "willing" to me.

They believe they are to prepare the world for the arrival of moshiach. Bringing the world under the noahide laws is part of that preparation. And laws against idolatry with decapitation as the penalty does not seem "willing" to me.
I already answered this, you begin to be a broken record. The Talmud teaches that the way for them to "prepare" for this is by acting morally so others see the example and willingly follow it. Again, something that they can believe with no harm to me, more power to them.

If the world really did see the benevolence of the Moshiac and chose to follow those laws than even those laws would be chosen willingly. Your argument is repetitive and unnecessarily alarmist.

I already answered this, you begin to be a broken record. The Talmud teaches that the way for them to "prepare" for this is by acting morally so others see the example and willingly follow it. Again, something that they can believe with no harm to me, more power to them.

What ANSWER is there to a fact? Im not asking you a question.

They are to bring the world under the noahide laws. Am I making up the noahide laws?

If you want to watch a movie that references the Kabbalah you should rent or purchase the movie Pi. It is about a guy that invents a computer that he hopes will be able to accurately anticipate fluxuations in the stock market. A group of Kabbalists find out about this machine and enlist him in helping them find the true name of god, which Kabbalists believe can only be arrived at through numbers. It is a very interesting movie. Also Madonna's Kabbalah and the Jewish Kabbalah have very little in common. Jewish Kabbalists spend lots of time in study and they don't wear those funny little bracelets that Maddona does.

Back