Kerry apologizes for 'poorly stated joke'

NewsBoy

News Delivery
After two days of fierce criticism, Sen. John Kerry apologized to U.S. troops for telling college students they would "get stuck in Iraq" if they didn't work hard. The Massachusetts senator said he regrets his words were "misinterpreted."</img>

More at link...

W. He's an egotistical fool who figured his perception was superior to others. He was trying to dig at W, but his ego fouled it up.

Kerry is pretty much a joke.
But he was still the lesser of the evils in 2004.

he insulted the military which he has a long history of doing, and even of this incident he is flip flopping, Said he wasn't going to apolgise, said he was misunderstood, and now he has finally come out and made a real apology. What a fool.

>>Sen. John Kerry has refused to apologize for his remarks suggesting that U.S. troops in Iraq are uneducated and not "smart,” instead charging that the White House has deliberately misconstrued his comments.
At a Tuesday afternoon press conference in Seattle, Kerry said "I apologize to no one” for what he categorized as criticism of the Bush administration’s Iraq war policy

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/10/31/161824.shtml?s=lh

>>Statement of John Kerry Responding to Republican Distortions, Pathetic Tony Snow Diversions and Distractions
Washington – Senator John Kerry issued the following statement in response to White House Press Secretary Tony Snow, assorted right wing nut-jobs, and right wing talk show hosts desperately distorting Kerry’s comments about President Bush to divert attention from their disastrous record

http://www.johnkerry.com/news/releases/release.html?id=33

And from an undisclosed location Kerry releases this...

>>As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended

http://www.johnkerry.com/news/releases/release.html?id=37

Was these words by kerry in 1971 a joke?

>>They had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

Kerry has shown why he shouldn't have been POTUS by backing down and apologising.... Pussy.
Are you suggesting that the Prezzy has to be a hard-ass -- sorry, but we needed the phrase back: hope you enjoyed it -- or merely that only a hard-ass can get elected?

HE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO APPOLOGIZE FOR THE REPUBLICANS MAKING IT BE ABOUT THE TROOPS...

he did not appologize for his joke, he appologized for the misinterpretation that was being spread about his joke...by the republicans and the president...?

Are you suggesting that the Prezzy has to be a hard-ass -- sorry, but we needed the phrase back: hope you enjoyed it -- or merely that only a hard-ass can get elected?

No, I think he should have the courage of his convictions and not back down in the face of the faux righteous indignation of the Repugnants.

He made a good point...

No, I think he should have the courage of his convictions and not back down in the face of the faux righteous indignation of the Repugnants.

He made a good point...
Fair enough. I agree that he did nothing wrong. He only apologized for political reasons and due to partisan pressure. In that sense, he muffed it. Again.

"I'm sorry that some people don't want me to encourage kids to get a good education."
More spin...

He's sorry he got caught denigrating the troops. He's sorry his spin to attempt to say it was about the better-educated President didn't work...

Ignoring the end result is a mistake, pretending it was all about education is foolish. Those who drop out cannot join. They won't "get stuck in Iraq" will they?

Back