Kerry apologizes for 'poorly stated joke'

More spin...

He's sorry he got caught denigrating the troops. He's sorry his spin to attempt to say it was about the better-educated President didn't work...

Ignoring the end result is a mistake, pretending it was all about education is foolish. Those who drop out cannot join. They won't "get stuck in Iraq" will they?

He explicitetly stated his intent and admitted that he had a brain fart and said a Bushism and he apologized for it. What more do you want. Talk about beating a dead horse. Sheesh. Everyone misspeaks from time to time even the president.

This just goes to show that the democrats at novices at manipulating the press. The republican's have a far superior and dominating PR campaign.

He explicitetly stated his intent and admitted that he had a brain fart and said a Bushism and he apologized for it. What more do you want. Talk about beating a dead horse. Sheesh. Everyone misspeaks from time to time even the president.

This just goes to show that the democrats at novices at manipulating the press. The republican's have a far superior and dominating PR campaign.
Because I don't believe he misspoke. I believe he stated what he meant. I think it is spin after the fact to attempt to make it about a better-educated person than himself. I think that it takes blinders to believe such a silly statement.

"That President that is better educated than I is who I was talking about..."

He isn't that retarded.

More spin...

He's sorry he got caught denigrating the troops. He's sorry his spin to attempt to say it was about the better-educated President didn't work...

Ignoring the end result is a mistake, pretending it was all about education is foolish. Those who drop out cannot join. They won't "get stuck in Iraq" will they?
Oh no you don't. It's the whole "denigration of the troops" nonsense that's spin. You can't call efforts to unspin spin "spin" anymore than you can call confiscation of burgled goods "theft."

Your so-called "end result" is simply the result of a bunch of Republican partisans looking for any possible excuse to criticize a prominent Democrat. No normal person would take his comment amiss without prompting.

Because I don't believe he misspoke. I believe he stated what he meant. I think it is spin after the fact to attempt to make it about a better-educated person than himself. I think that it takes blinders to believe such a silly statement.

"That President that is better educated than I is who I was talking about..."

He isn't that retarded.

I'll take his word on what he meant to say over your assertions on what he was thinking:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15512797/

KERRY: Of course, it isn’t what I said.

I left out one word. I left out the word “us.” “They got us stuck.” Instead of that, I said, “They got stuck,” and they’re taking advantage of it.

Why are you all still talking about this minor issue? Troops are dying in Iraq for no reason!

Oh no you don't. It's the whole "denigration of the troops" nonsense that's spin. You can't call efforts to unspin spin "spin" anymore than you can call confiscation of burgled goods "theft."

Your so-called "end result" is simply the result of a bunch of Republican partisans looking for any possible excuse to criticize a prominent Democrat. No normal person would take his comment amiss without prompting.
LOL. Rubbish. Let's pretend he was talking about the better-educated than he person instead of who he actually was! That is truly spin.

Why are you all still talking about this minor issue? Troops are dying in Iraq for no reason!
Because we can, amazingly, do both at once. It's called multi-tasking. We can talk about a man who makes jokes at the troops expense at the same time we can worry about them dying in Iraq. I know that is complex for Democrats, but you can learn it with practice.

I'll take his word on what he meant to say over your assertions on what he was thinking:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15512797/

KERRY: Of course, it isn’t what I said.

I left out one word. I left out the word “us.” “They got us stuck.” Instead of that, I said, “They got stuck,” and they’re taking advantage of it.
I'll take what he said, and work logically through it. He couldn't have been talking about the President who is better-educated than himself. That is spin.

We will be paying for some of bush's mistakes for generations though.
Hey, if Kerry is right, we'd be even more stuck in Iraq, since he didn't work quite as hard and get as good grades as the person he was supposedly mentioning...

I'll take what he said, and work logically through it. He couldn't have been talking about the President who is better-educated than himself. That is spin.

The quote had to do with navigating the educational system. Yes. Hey may have gone to Yale & Harvard, but I think its evident to a lot of people in the world, that he is not that intelligent and despite attending these universities, he seems pretty poorly educated. Its a generally accepted fact that a lot of people think that he's stupid (I for one) despite all of his education: hence "his inability to navigate the educational system". If he were able to find a class or two and attend it between coke binges, perhaps we wouldn't be in the predicament that we are in now.

it was a bad joke, marginally amusing if that, and it was botched. He apologized, end of story.

It can't be the end of the story LadyT we have to talk about things that don't really matter vs the really important things like.
Health Care
Defecit
corruption in govt.
energy independence from ME.
War in Iraq
etc,etc,etc...

Right... That's what he was saying... :rolleyes: Like I said, I work it through logically and find that explanation lacking in common sense. I think it was made to be presented to a specific audience who want to forgive him so bad they'll grab at any straw...

It can't be the end of the story LadyT we have to talk about things that don't really matter vs the really important things like.
Health Care
Defecit
corruption in govt.
energy independence from ME.
War in Iraq
etc,etc,etc...
Once again, we can do both. I know it is very hard for Dems to talk about more than one subject at the same time, but you can learn it with practice...

;)

it was a bad joke, marginally amusing if that, and it was botched. He apologized, end of story.

It was bad, no one got the joke, it wasn't amusing in the least, it was insulting and offensive, he has not apologized for the remark, only that he regrets it was "misinterpreted." And I am afraid a lot of people, including Democrats currently running for Congress, don't think it's the "end of story" as much as it's the "end of Kerry."

Back