Kerry apologizes for 'poorly stated joke'

if you think that a law degree and passing the bar is easier than an MBA you're crazy....if you think a life of success in the legal profession is indicative of less education than a failed life in business, you're also crazy.

Right, Kerry is so retarded he couldn't realize he was insulting himself worse than Bush....

Well, you've said Bush is better educated than Kerry, so he can't get any slack either for making allegedly anti-american statements.

Should Bush apologize for saying that he never stops thinking about ways to harm america?:

"(Al Qaeda) never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -- President Bush

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/08/20040805-3.html

exactly...why aren't the folks on the right demanding that Bush apologize for admitting that he tries to harm america?

if you think that a law degree and passing the bar is easier than an MBA you're crazy....if you think a life of success in the legal profession is indicative of less education than a failed life in business, you're also crazy.

oh, but one is president, don't you know...? ;)

if we didn't know kerry or bush beforehand and had them in a room together, discussing foreign affairs or a resent best selling non fiction novel....who would appear to be much, much smarter than the other....?

no doubt, kerry is smarter than bush....no doubt at all....but equal, on the sticking of ones foot in their mouth, imo...

exactly...why aren't the folks on the right demanding that Bush apologize for admitting that he tries to harm america?

If its not possible that Kerry flubbed a joke because he's simply to educated, then certainly bush - who is allegedly even better educated - knew exactly what he was saying, when he said he never stops thinking about ways to harm america.

Ummm, no. He clearly stated he realized what he meant was not what he said. You've never misspoke?
No, if he made the joke properly he is insulting himself worse than he is Bush. He didn't "work hard and make good grades", in fact he made worse grades than the supposed person he pretended he was insulting.

If its not possible that Kerry flubbed a joke because he's simply to educated, then certainly bush - who is allegedly even better educated - knew exactly what he was saying, when he said he never stops thinking about ways to harm america.
Bush simply used what he actually said rather than simply slavering all over the spin after the fact. You know the one where the person with the worse grades is supposedly saying the person with the better grades didn't work hard enough or get good grade..... :rolleyes:

Well, you've said Bush is better educated than Kerry, so he can't get any slack either for making allegedly anti-american statements.

Should Bush apologize for saying that he never stops thinking about ways to harm america?:

"(Al Qaeda) never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." -- President Bush

The difference is one is a misstatement, the other is spin after the fact.

"I was talking about the 'buffoon' who got better grades than me... He's the uneducated one..."

Right. It isn't even good spin, not even close to believable.

You read my mind~ I was trying to think of that quote, but I couldn't remember it to google it.

Nice.

"I was talking about the 'buffoon' who got better grades than me... He's the uneducated one..."

LOL, careful Damo. That was a Dixie line.

Okay, so now you've changed your mind, and don't object to Kerry's statement, but object to the Kerry spin after the fact.

So you fully except that Bush misstated something yet Kerry is incapable of doing such a thing. He must really think troops are stupid, while bush would never dream of ways to harm america?

Also, did Kerry actually say, "Uneducated"?
Once again...

Bush must have, "worked harder and got" better grades than he did. You can tell this by his GPA. This man either is too stupid to realize he insulted himself, or he was talking about somebody else entirely.

Once again...

Bush must have, "worked harder and got" better grades than he did. You can tell this by his GPA. This man either is too stupid to realize he insulted himself, or he was talking about somebody else entirely.

Is that a yes or a no?

Oh, and BTW, I never personally called for any apology from Kerry. I couldn't care any less whether he apologized or not.

Is that a yes or a no?
It was a more complex answer to a question designed to get a simplified, and inaccurate, answer. I'm refusing to play your game, it is disingenuous to pretend that spin after the fact is the same as a gaffe. He didn't gaffe, he wished he had.

Back