Kerry apologizes for 'poorly stated joke'

HE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO APPOLOGIZE FOR THE REPUBLICANS MAKING IT BE ABOUT THE TROOPS...

he did not appologize for his joke, he appologized for the misinterpretation that was being spread about his joke...by the republicans and the president...?

is that like i am sorry you are stupid?

It was a more complex answer to a question designed to get a simplified, and inaccurate, answer. I'm refusing to play your game, it is disingenuous to pretend that spin after the fact is the same as a gaffe. He didn't gaffe, he wished he had.

kerry was always put forth as well spoken thoughtfull and picked his words for a reason....suddenly he made a mistake?....bullshit

kerry was always put forth as well spoken thoughtfull and picked his words for a reason....suddenly he made a mistake?....bullshit

he inadvertently dropped the word "us" from his remarks. Do you really think that was intentional? Do you really think that Kerry took his prepared remarks- which were clearly an attack on the President - and purposely changed them to be an attack on our troops the week before an election? Does that really make any sense to you? Do you really think that Kerry intentionally set out to anger the country's military and their families and give the republicans a rallying cry the week before an election? Really???

Really...ManU...what would be his possible motivation for making such an alteration in his prepared remarks?

and you claim that a guy who says "I voted for the 56million before I voted against it" is a guy who always picks his words for a reason???????

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

It was a more complex answer to a question designed to get a simplified, and inaccurate, answer. I'm refusing to play your game, it is disingenuous to pretend that spin after the fact is the same as a gaffe. He didn't gaffe, he wished he had.

Its not a complex question. I think the basis of your entire argument is a strawman. You're trying to say that it doesn't make sense because Bush is "better educated", when Kerry didn't mention Bush's level of education. He spoke about his inability to navigate the educational system. Not whether or not he was "better educated" as you are implying on this thread.

And if we aren't going to recognize that politicians misspeak, I think we are going to have to accept that bush is dreaming up ways to harm us on a daily basis.

And if we aren't going to recognize that politicians misspeak, I think we are going to have to accept that bush is dreaming up ways to harm us on a daily basis.

precisely Tiana...

to suggest that Kerry purposely deviated from his prepared text to attack servicemen the week before a critical election means that we must also hold dubya to the exact meaning of all his numerous malaprops....including the one where he claims to continually think of ways to harm america.

precisely Tiana...

to suggest that Kerry purposely deviated from his prepared text to attack servicemen the week before a critical election means that we must also hold dubya to the exact meaning of all his numerous malaprops....including the one where he claims to continually think of ways to harm america.

and there are many more. The problem is democrats as whole tend to take the high road when it comes to this type of thing. I think they need to get just as slimy as the repugs are.

I think its pittafull that the Republicans best argument this election is John Kerry's botched joke!

Its not a complex question. I think the basis of your entire argument is a strawman. You're trying to say that it doesn't make sense because Bush is "better educated", when Kerry didn't mention Bush's level of education. He spoke about his inability to navigate the educational system. Not whether or not he was "better educated" as you are implying on this thread.
No, it wasn't a complex question. As I said the question was designed to take a more complex situation and limit responses. I am not playing that here. In fact, I think that if you attempt to play that it is for a reason. That sound reason doesn't stand up to the spin.

No, it wasn't a complex question. As I said the question was designed to take a more complex situation and limit responses. I am not playing that here. In fact, I think that if you attempt to play that it is for a reason. That sound reason doesn't stand up to the spin.

You originally said:

I'll take what he said, and work logically through it. He couldn't have been talking about the President who is better-educated than himself.

Kerry did not say that Bush wasn't educated or less educated than he was. His statement was about navigating the educational system, not necessarily about who's better educated or has more education or who has a higher level of education which you are implying he said. He didn't. You're argument is a strawman. That's why you don't want to "play that game". You're assertions don't hold water to what kerry actually meant to say.

No, he said. "Get good grades" then proceeded to supposedly say that somebody with better grades than he had somehow got worse ones?

This makes no sense, LadyT. Honestly attempting to say that it does takes partisan blinders. It would be like me attempting to say that a Bushism was really what he meant to say...

He simply stated exactly what he wanted to. Then later attempted to rescramble it in your head and you obliged.

Like I said. I haven't said he should apologize or anything. Only that I disbelieve this silly, "It was about that guy over there, who got better grades than me... That's why I was telling them to get good grades, or they'll become President... or something..."

I think it is pitifiul that the Dems are whining about this after celebrating Foley.

Are you implying that its somehow ironic? I fail to see the irony in celebrating a child predator being stopped versus recognizing that someone has misspoke. I always recognize Bushisms for what they are. If we didn't, that would be ironic. This someone how isn't to me.

you have yet to explain why he would purposely take the word US out of the sentence and insult the troops when the text of his remarks clearly were aimed at Bush.

WHY would Kerry intentionally make such an inflammatory statement?

Are you implying that its somehow ironic? I fail to see the irony in celebrating a child predator being stopped versus recognizing that someone has misspoke. I always recognize Bushisms for what they are. If we didn't, that would be ironic. This someone how isn't to me.
No, the irony is in Rs who were saying, "We're talking about this to the detriment of issues" now have the Ds saying, "We're talking about this to the detriment of issues" about something else.

People really need to stop attempting to put words in my mouth and simply ask for clarification rather than assuming some sort of insulting drivel that is clearly out of character for me.

No, the irony is in Rs who were saying, "We're talking about this to the detriment of issues" now have the Ds saying, "We're talking about this to the detriment of issues" about something else.

People really need to stop attempting to put words in my mouth and simply ask for clarification rather than assuming some sort of insulting drivel that is clearly out of character for me.

I responded to what you implied in your statement. If you would be a little more clear, I wouldn't have had to do that. And for the record I did ask.

Back