Kerry apologizes for 'poorly stated joke'

No, I didn't. All of it adds up to what I stated. That he would HAVE to be more likely to get us stuck in Iraq than Bush in order for the joke to work. All of it together tells me that if you add the "us" back in, then Kerry is more likely to get us there than Bush....

The joke doesn't work as stated otherwise.

No, I didn't. All of it adds up to what I stated. That he would HAVE to be more likely to get us stuck in Iraq than Bush in order for the joke to work. All of it together tells me that if you add the "us" back in, then Kerry is more likely to get us there than Bush....

The joke doesn't work as stated otherwise.

The gist of the joke would have been, 'GEORGE BUSH OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T MAKE THE MOST OF HIS EDUCATION'.

The gist of the joke would have been, 'GEORGE BUSH OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T MAKE THE MOST OF HIS EDUCATION'.
If that were the Gist I would agree. However the gist of the joke is if you don't do well in school then you end up in the military.

Now, the gist, if they really were supposed to say it the other way, would be. You'll be smarter than the current President if you do better in school. Of course, it doesn't take into account that he personally did worse than Bush in the same school.

I don't happen to believe that. I believe that the lady who said his "joke" was misstated rewrote what they gave to the Press to "prove" it afterward...

and what do you PRETEND to have in the way of proof to back up that belief?

LOL... kerry basicly calls you a moron and you still defend him

Now, the gist, if they really were supposed to say it the other way, would be. You'll be smarter than the current President if you do better in school. Of course, it doesn't take into account that he personally did worse than Bush in the same school.

The use of "you" in quote was aimed at Bush not the students.

he didn't call me a moron at all....he did a shitty job of reciting his speech where he was basically calling Bush a moron..... but, what do you have, Bob, besides your own half-baked opinion?

Not if "us" was supposed to be used as he suggests it was. If his spin is right then "you" is directed at the students....

If "you" was supposed to be Bush then it missed its target immensely as the original statement "appears" to denigrate the troops.

The only "accident" he made was in approving the joke that indirectly insulted the current servicemembers. It wasn't in forgetting the "us".

wow...damo... why do you have your nose so far up george's ass on this one?
Why do you have your nose so far up Kerry's ass on this one? The joke quite literally doesn't make sense the way you want it to. Unless Kerry quite literally believes he is more likely than Bush to get "us" stuck in Iraq.

It's okay, you can be a Kerrylicker...

I laugh equally at Bush's mistakes, and you have seen me do it.. Only certain Democratic Posters are still attempting to make his remarks seem like they'd fit...

The exact same "proof" that you use supports what I stated. That and the fact that the joke, properly stated as that lady said it should be, doesn't work unless Kerry believes himself more likely to get us stuck in Iraq than Bush...

bullshit...I am sure that kerry feels that his education is much more significant than Bush's..... I know for a fact that my Dad studied a hell of a lot harder for his law degree than I ever did for my MBA....I know that the bar exams were infinitely harder than anything I ever had to take to get out of grad school.... why would you think that Kerry would consider undergraduate performance as the sole indicator of education?

If "you" was supposed to be Bush then it missed its target immensely as the original statement "appears" to denigrate the troops.

You've never heard "you" in reference to a specific person outside the targeted audience?

bullshit...I am sure that kerry feels that his education is much more significant than Bush's..... I know for a fact that my Dad studied a hell of a lot harder for his law degree than I ever did for my MBA....I know that the bar exams were infinitely harder than anything I ever had to take to get out of grad school.... why would you think that Kerry would consider undergraduate performance as the sole indicator of education?
*sigh*, it is direct comparison...

Where did they go to the exact same school? I know where... and so do people who are pretending that his remarks make sense in his after the fact twist.

You've never heard "you" in reference to a specific person outside the targeted audience?
I have, but that would only work if "us" wasn't in there. Kerry tells us that it was supposed to be. "You" was not Bush in that context.

wow...damo... why do you have your nose so far up george's ass on this one?

naa its more like you have your nose up kerry's ass... damo isnt defending george... just critical of kerry.... the only ones here defending are you and lady t

he didn't call me a moron at all....he did a shitty job of reciting his speech where he was basically calling Bush a moron..... but, what do you have, Bob, besides your own half-baked opinion?

well it sure sounded that way too me and a hell of alot of other people.... if he had somthing too say about bush and iraq he would have said it... but he didnt, he insulted YOU and the rest of our troops... then goes on too say the rest of us who took it that way are also stupid because we understood what he said but aprently he didnt... and it dosnt seem like you do either ....

naa its more like you have your nose up kerry's ass... damo isnt defending george... just critical of kerry.... the only ones here defending are you and lady t

?

We know he goofed up the joke.

Equally as pitiful as making fun of Bush for his not so perfect eloquence....

It's all good, Jarod. We can pretend that the other party doesn't do something so we can attempt to make ourselves look better....

Except that it is not the issue lately... Funny how Bush has improved so much with his elequence.

Except that it is not the issue lately... Funny how Bush has improved so much with his elequence.
LOL. I don't know if he has. But it's all good. I expect people to be better at speeches over time.

I still like laughing at Bushisms too.

well it sure sounded that way too me and a hell of alot of other people.... if he had somthing too say about bush and iraq he would have said it... but he didnt, he insulted YOU and the rest of our troops... then goes on too say the rest of us who took it that way are also stupid because we understood what he said but aprently he didnt... and it dosnt seem like you do either ....
It didn't sound that way to me, and it didn't sound that way to a lot of people.... and it especially didn't sound that way once you figure out what he was trying to say....

Hey...the guy pissed me off bigtime... he lost an election to a complete moron...but I find it really quite funny how he is not allowed to misspeak without getting the right extremely outraged, yet NOBODY gets outraged at Bush when HE misspeaks...they just laugh at him

Back