Kerry apologizes for 'poorly stated joke'

you're going to have to post a full quote of what you are talking about. its quite possible that he did mention grades throughout the rest of the speech and its also possible that it did not have the correlation to the botched joke that you are implying it did.

why are you plaing dumb ?

you're going to have to post a full quote of what you are talking about. its quite possible that he did mention grades throughout the rest of the speech and its also possible that it did not have the correlation to the botched joke that you are implying it did.
Not so hard to do...

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Okay, somebody with a lesser GPA didn't "study quite as hard" as the other, eh? Especially since they didn't "do well" like the supposed person who they were insulting, who actually did better than they did....

Hmmm?

You are desperate to believe that what he said somehow makes sense. However it really doesn't, and especially when you compare how the two actually did in the same school.... One studied and did their homework and worked hard and got a better GPA than the other. Who was that?

Your "logic" doesn't match the reality. Nor does the whole, "It was a joke about Bush" excuse.... It just doesn't fit.

Its pittafull that this is the big issue for the Repugs...

The Democrats are going around the nation talking about Iraq and the mess we are in while all the Repugs can discuss is Kerry's botched joke!

The Democrats are going around the nation talking about Iraq and the mess we are in while all the Repugs can discuss is Kerry's botched joke!

didnt seem like a joke to me... but that MO

Not so hard to do...

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Okay, somebody with a lesser GPA didn't "study quite as hard" as the other, eh? Especially since they didn't "do well" like the supposed person who they were insulting, who actually did better than they did....

Hmmm?

You are desperate to believe that what he said somehow makes sense. However it really doesn't, and especially when you compare how the two actually did in the same school.... One studied and did their homework and worked hard and got a better GPA than the other. Who was that?

Your "logic" doesn't match the reality. Nor does the whole, "It was a joke about Bush" excuse.... It just doesn't fit.

You put quotes around "get good grades" I was referring to that quote. In reference to the quote you just mentioned all you've done is confirmed what Kerry was saying. If you insert the "us" where he said it should have been it completely jives with what Kerry said it did. Bush doesn't appear to make an effort to be smart, he doesn't seem to have studied much. And look at the mess we're in.
And as for grades, I believe read somewhere that he had a pretty bad freshman year, but afterwards he got his act together and managed to go to law school. But your argument is very disengenious. You chose to ignore all other elements of the quote in question and focus on "grades" which Kerry DIDN'T EVEN SAY. Kerry was talking about capitalizing on one's education as to not get us in the predicament we are in today.

You put quotes around "get good grades" I was referring to that quote. In reference to the quote you just mentioned all you've done is confirmed what Kerry was saying. If you insert the "us" where he said it should have been it completely jives with what Kerry said it did. Bush doesn't appear to make an effort to be smart, he doesn't seem to have studied much. And look at the mess we're in.
And as for grades, I believe read somewhere that he had a pretty bad freshman year, but afterwards he got his act together and managed to go to law school. But your argument is very disengenious. You chose to ignore all other elements of the quote in question and focus on "grades" which Kerry DIDN'T EVEN SAY. Kerry was talking about capitalizing on one's education as to not get us in the predicament we are in today.
It's a conversation. Sometimes I use quotes to stress certain words. Pretending that I am able to, and want everybody to, follow the Rules of English 100% while on the board is a bit disingenuous. You have to be deliberately obtuse not to see what I am saying.

One did better than the other in school. If his "joke" was as he said it was, he was literally saying that he had a higher likelihood of getting "us" stuck in Iraq than Bush does because he didn't do as well. Because if you study you'll do well....

It really isn't all that hard. But you can put your blinders back on now, and pretend that logic doesn't exist because I added some quotes around a phrase on a messageboard.

Equally as pitiful as making fun of Bush for his not so perfect eloquence....

It's all good, Jarod. We can pretend that the other party doesn't do something so we can attempt to make ourselves look better....

Because he believes that an all volunteer army, specifically, would be uneducated and the poor and have less accountability with the public. At least according to his remarks it is so. So, I take his word you pretend what he says doesn't exist. Maineman pretends that the remarks released afterward to "prove" that he forgot "us" somehow shows that he really meant to say that.

I refuse to pretend it makes more sense that a man who got worse grades than Bush is insulting Bush by telling others to get good grades. I'd have to simply reject logic to make that one match up with reality.

I don't PRETEND anything, asshole.

I happen to believe that John Kerry knows full well that Bush is an intellectual lightweight..and I fully believe that the transcript was written as is before he spoke.

It's a conversation. Sometimes I use quotes to stress certain words. Pretending that I am able to, and want everybody to, follow the Rules of English 100% while on the board is a bit disingenuous. You have to be deliberately obtuse not to see what I am saying.

One did better than the other in school. If his "joke" was as he said it was, he was literally saying that he had a higher likelihood of getting "us" stuck in Iraq than Bush does because he didn't do as well. Because if you study you'll do well....

It really isn't all that hard. But you can put your blinders back on now, and pretend that logic doesn't exist because I added some quotes around a phrase on a messageboard.

"blinders"!? He told us what he meant to say, he was a 'troop' at one time and he did not refer to grades as you like to imply!!! Face it, you're not using logic you're going on your gut!

I don't PRETEND anything, asshole.

I happen to believe that John Kerry knows full well that Bush is an intellectual lightweight..and I fully believe that the transcript was written as is before he spoke.
I don't happen to believe that. I believe that the lady who said his "joke" was misstated rewrote what they gave to the Press to "prove" it afterward...

However, you can pretend all you want. As I said it shows a desperation that makes it more entertaining than it otherwise would be. Many D leaders joined in calling for Kerry's apology. It's all good that they don't all have these same blinders.

I couldn't care less whether he apologizes, I just find it entertaining that people pretend that he didn't say what he did.

"blinders"!? He told us what he meant to say, he was a 'troop' at one time and he did not refer to grades as you like to imply!!! Face it, you're not using logic you're going on your gut!
LOL. "he told us what he meant to say"... I can pretend I meant to say something different after I actually said something too. But it doesn't mean my followers aren't wearing blinders if they believe it.

I don't happen to believe that. I believe that the lady who said his "joke" was misstated rewrote what they gave to the Press to "prove" it afterward...

However, you can pretend all you want. As I said it shows a desperation that makes it more entertaining than it otherwise would be. Many D leaders joined in calling for Kerry's apology. It's all good that they don't all have these same blinders.

I couldn't care less whether he apologizes, I just find it entertaining that people pretend that he didn't say what he did.

Ain't that ironic that you're saying we're the ones pretending.
When:

#1) There is a witness who wrote the speech that said he misstated the 'joke'
#2) He says he mistated the joke
#3) He was in the military
#4) The quote you posted validates points 1 & 2.

Yet, WE'RE the one's pretending. Yeah. OK Damo.

Ain't that ironic that you're saying we're the ones pretending.
When:

#1) There is a witness who wrote the speech that said he misstated the 'joke'
#2) He says he mistated the joke
#3) He was in the military
#4) The quote you posted validates points 1 & 2.

Yet, WE'RE the one's pretending. Yeah. OK Damo.
1. Who is also a Partisan who works for him and would also want him to appear better than he was at that time...

2. So can I, after the fact...

3. He was even before he stated his remarks that an all-volunteer force makes the military worse off in that particular area....

4. The quote I posted validates exactly what I have stated throughout the thread. It doesn't make sense unless he believes that he has an even higher likelihood of him getting us stuck in Iraq than there is of Bush.

and what do you PRETEND to have in the way of proof to back up that belief?

4. The quote I posted validates exactly what I have stated throughout the thread. It doesn't make sense unless he believes that he has an even higher likelihood of him getting us stuck in Iraq than there is of Bush.

No. It doesn't. You keep inferring that Kerry is talking about getting better grades when clearly he's talking about realizing the potential of an education which appears to be lost on Bush despite having been well educated. You are putting words in his mouth and coming to a conclusion on the words that you put in his mouth inspite of the facts that surround the story.

No. It doesn't. You keep inferring that Kerry is talking about getting better grades when clearly he's talking about realizing the potential of an education which appears to be lost on Bush despite having been well educated. You are putting words in his mouth and coming to a conclusion on the words that you put in his mouth inspite of the facts that surround the story.
LOL. This is more spin. "Doing well" in school is measured by those grades. As I said, it takes twisted logic to believe in this spin.

I am enjoying the light show.

and what do you PRETEND to have in the way of proof to back up that belief?
The exact same "proof" that you use supports what I stated. That and the fact that the joke, properly stated as that lady said it should be, doesn't work unless Kerry believes himself more likely to get us stuck in Iraq than Bush...

LOL. This is more spin. "Doing well" in school is measured by those grades. As I said, it takes twisted logic to believe in this spin.

I am enjoying the light show.

Again, you ignored EVERYTHING ELSE in the quote.

Back