Leviticus

I appreciate your willingness to sacrifice your self esteem just so I could have another chance to point my finger and say "oh, look!.....there's something stupid!".......

I really couldn't care about the Old Testament as I consider it to be mostly a load of old tosh with some historical interest. I am more concerned about how so many fundamentalist Christians use it as a literal text. I frankly cannot understand why anybody would want to boast about their knowledge of something so useless.

Last edited:
I appreciate your willingness to sacrifice your self esteem just so I could have another chance to point my finger and say "oh, look!.....there's something stupid!".......

Have I witnessed a first here, Grind thanking PiMP?

stophitting.jpg

Last edited:
I really couldn't care about the Old Testament as I consider it to be mostly a load of old tosh with some historical interest. I am more concerned about how so many fundamentalist Christians use it as a literal text. I frankly cannot understand why anybody would want to boast about their knowledge of something so useless.

it helps us distinguish that which is not intended to be used as literal text.....it also comes in handy when we need to explain to fundamentalists and atheists why they look stupid when they try to use it as literal text......

it helps us distinguish that which is not intended to be used as literal text.....it also comes in handy when we need to explain to fundamentalists and atheists why they look stupid when they try to use it as literal text......

i.e. the old testement has become so retarded no one can defend it anymore. Lets just disregard how long the churches (and how many churches still do) interpret it literally.

Talking snakes, noahs ark, burning bushes? ---- > "LOL OBVIOUSLY A METAPHOR GUYS!"

Jesus healing the sick, turning water into wine, walking on water, multiplying the loaves and fishes, being executed but coming back as ghost jesus and hanging around with his pals for 40 days before flying up into the clouds?" ---> "ALL TRUE, actually happened, I just don't believe in that 'ridiculous' old testement!"

This is why religious people are delusional.

I truly believe that if you locked them in a room, and really confronted them about their beliefs, many would eventually admit it's probably not real, but they choose to believe it anyway.

The practice of being religious is the practice of being cognitively dissonent.

i.e. the old testement has become so retarded no one can defend it anymore. Lets just disregard how long the churches (and how many churches still do) interpret it literally.

Talking snakes, noahs ark, burning bushes? ---- > "LOL OBVIOUSLY A METAPHOR GUYS!"

Jesus healing the sick, turning water into wine, walking on water, multiplying the loaves and fishes, being executed but coming back as ghost jesus and hanging around with his pals for 40 days before flying up into the clouds?" ---> "ALL TRUE, actually happened, I just don't believe in that 'ridiculous' old testement!"

actually, I think there's only one thing on that list which shouldn't be taken literally by Christians, and that's the claim that Jesus was only a ghost.....which of course isn't in the Bible in the first place......

So who is the Holy Ghost then, isn't that part of the Trinity?

I'm assuming this is simply a facetious question...but just in case you're a dimwitted fool, I will answer anyway........it's obvious the intent of Grind's question was to claim that Jesus did not resurrect, not to raise a theological point regarding the Trinity....

You really need to listen to PMP, he really does have a solid grasp on the differences between the Levitical Code and the Mosaic Code as well as a solid grasp on the actual language usage.

What difference does it make? Exactly? Neither of them applies to me.

do you reject "thou shall not commit murder" as well as "don't wear trousers"?......

The law not to murder existed before the 10 commandments. The only laws that apply to me are the ones of the USA. I am a citizen of this country and therefore need to go by this countries law. What a group of Jews did thousands of years ago have no hold on me.

What difference does it make? Exactly? Neither of them applies to me.

Okay, Damo and PMP like to speak in code. Highly intriguing, but to clarify for those who don't know as much as them about the Bible, Leviticus was ritualistic law, these laws came from the priests, the Levites. The Laws of Moses are the Big 10. The laws of the Covenant, the laws of Yahweh, made with Jews of Israel.

I'm assuming this is simply a facetious question...but just in case you're a dimwitted fool, I will answer anyway........it's obvious the intent of Grind's question was to claim that Jesus did not resurrect, not to raise a theological point regarding the Trinity....

That said, the Trinity is pretty badass. :cool:

:fuckyeah:

Back