Liberal Californians are idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Hitler lookalike claims end retailer ad

L169_CIFR4f1a99abfab0f69bf3eca6650ec102ce.jpg

It was a mild tempest about a teapot, but J.C. Penney took it seriously enough to remove a billboard featuring a tea kettle that some people thought resembled Adolf Hitler.

The ad, on Interstate 405 near Culver City, Calif., got lots of attention over the past few days as people noticed that the kettle bore an odd resemblance to the leader of the Third Reich.

The $40 kettle had black details that could conjure an image of Hitler's mustache and parted hair. With a little more imagination, the kettle spout could look like a right arm raised in a Nazi salute.

As of Wednesday, it was taken down. The Michael Graves-designed kettle was also gone from jcpenney.com.

Social media were buzzing.

A photo submitted by Reddit user Wrestles4Food over Memorial Day weekend had 126 comments by Wednesday. One described the kettle as "some comic-book version of Hitler." Another said it looked like a South Park version of the Nazi dictator.

"It's easier to see Hitler than the kettle," one user said.

News headline writers had fun saying Penney was in "hot water" and that trouble was brewing."

The billboard brouhaha comes after the company had taken much heat for other marketing missteps of late. The retailer, which ousted CEO Ron Johnson earlier this year, suffered sales declines after Johnson decided to drop its coupons and and other discount offers. This spring, the company reversed course and took out ads, saying it was taking customers' complaints seriously.

In the case of of the controversial kettle, Penney handled it with a light touch.

It took to Twitter to say that any likeness was "certainly unintended."

It also shared other ideas for what a teapot should resemble.

"If we had designed the teapot to look like something, we would have depicted a kitten tea kettle :)" it said via the @jcpenney handle.

In other Twitter posts, the retailer said it would have gone with a snowman, puppy, bunny or a baby panda kettle. It tweeted out photos of a snowman teapot that it sells.

At press time, the company didn't respond to an e-mail and call for comment.

On Tuesday, it said on Twitter that it had sold out of the teapot online.

Some entrepreneurs who got the teapots and saw an opportunity have taken to eBay to sell them.

"Looks like Hitler," said one seller who priced available kettles at $249.99. "Impossible to find."

Others on sale had bids of $41 and $76 by Wednesday night.

Usfreedumb yeah that great Kentucky education has all of prosperous Cali envious of you.
Jethro

Usfreedumb yeah that great Kentucky education has all of prosperous Cali envious of you.
Jethro

Since I never lived in Kentucky or went to school there, I'll just have to accept your knowledge of their education. :dunno:

You signed your post as "Jethro".
Is this going to be the personna that replaces The Dude or supplements it?

Since I never lived in Kentucky or went to school there, I'll just have to accept your knowledge of their education. :dunno:

You signed your post as "Jethro".
Is this going to be the personna that replaces The Dude or supplements it?
Since Cali had nothing to do with your retard post, I'll have to assume you are butthurt and poor

Since Cali had nothing to do with your retard post, I'll have to assume you are butthurt and poor

Your post truly shows your own inability to read and/or follow the subject matter.
If you have read the artilce, past the first paragraph, you would have seen the following:

"The ad, on Interstate 405 near Culver City, Calif..."

I now laugh at you.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Your post truly shows your own inability to read and/or follow the subject matter.
If you have read the artilce, past the first paragraph, you would have seen the following:

I now laugh at you.

Guess JPP has their share of stupid Commiefornia idiots.

Topspin sure has an inferiority complex doesn't he?

I didn't read the article!
Your conservative and hate much richer educated Cali!
Like most conservatards
Kentucky, alabubba, miss same difference usfreedumb!

I now laugh at you.

Using the words and logic of Topspin/The Dude; he just finished gobbling another knob, seeing as how he groaned my post.
Gobble on Toppy. :)

Hitler lookalike claims end retailer ad

L169_CIFR4f1a99abfab0f69bf3eca6650ec102ce.jpg

It was a mild tempest about a teapot, but J.C. Penney took it seriously enough to remove a billboard featuring a tea kettle that some people thought resembled Adolf Hitler.

The ad, on Interstate 405 near Culver City, Calif., got lots of attention over the past few days as people noticed that the kettle bore an odd resemblance to the leader of the Third Reich.

The $40 kettle had black details that could conjure an image of Hitler's mustache and parted hair. With a little more imagination, the kettle spout could look like a right arm raised in a Nazi salute.

As of Wednesday, it was taken down. The Michael Graves-designed kettle was also gone from jcpenney.com.

Social media were buzzing.

A photo submitted by Reddit user Wrestles4Food over Memorial Day weekend had 126 comments by Wednesday. One described the kettle as "some comic-book version of Hitler." Another said it looked like a South Park version of the Nazi dictator.

"It's easier to see Hitler than the kettle," one user said.

News headline writers had fun saying Penney was in "hot water" and that trouble was brewing."

The billboard brouhaha comes after the company had taken much heat for other marketing missteps of late. The retailer, which ousted CEO Ron Johnson earlier this year, suffered sales declines after Johnson decided to drop its coupons and and other discount offers. This spring, the company reversed course and took out ads, saying it was taking customers' complaints seriously.

In the case of of the controversial kettle, Penney handled it with a light touch.

It took to Twitter to say that any likeness was "certainly unintended."

It also shared other ideas for what a teapot should resemble.

"If we had designed the teapot to look like something, we would have depicted a kitten tea kettle :)" it said via the @jcpenney handle.

In other Twitter posts, the retailer said it would have gone with a snowman, puppy, bunny or a baby panda kettle. It tweeted out photos of a snowman teapot that it sells.

At press time, the company didn't respond to an e-mail and call for comment.

On Tuesday, it said on Twitter that it had sold out of the teapot online.

Some entrepreneurs who got the teapots and saw an opportunity have taken to eBay to sell them.

"Looks like Hitler," said one seller who priced available kettles at $249.99. "Impossible to find."

Others on sale had bids of $41 and $76 by Wednesday night.
OK.....connect the dots for me here. What's this got to do with either liberals or Californians. Sounds to me you just want to be a hating for hates sake alone.

This could have been titled a lot of things ... "Californians dislike Hitler".... "Motorists see Hitler in teapot" ... "Californians get JC Penney to take down a billboard".

The pic included does look a lot like him. Personally, I don't like seeing images of hitler in any way shape or form. Glad it got taken down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back