Life After Death? Get real.

I think a belief that in some way you are special because you believe in a god or gods is the ultimate arrogance.
That somehow you above all other living things are deserving of a special place and that another life has been reserved for you carries with it a conceit that is, if nothing else, unchristian.
It is also illustrative of a refusal to see that god was made by 'priests' in their image and to serve their ends.
But, you will follow. You will raise your arms and sing and chant and believe that, by doing so, you will win a ticket to heaven and it will comfort you. Good.

Hasn't refused science, but at the same time, doesn't understand it, or people who choose it over the Creator, if she states that, "it is the whole truth and nothing shall be added..." weeeelllll, as Ronnie Reagan would have said.

ID gal, heh, Dix?

Hasn't refused science, but at the same time, doesn't understand it, or people who choose it over the Creator, if she states that, "it is the whole truth and nothing shall be added..." weeeelllll, as Ronnie Reagan would have said.

ID gal, heh, Dix?

Just so you know, the Dixter is a guy. Apparently he is just referencing his failure of a region homeland with the name, and in no way means for it to signify a woman's name... :dunno:

Oh, so, when someone else referred to him as a her, it was an insult, my bad, still learning.

Oh, so, when someone else referred to him as a her, it was an insult, my bad, still learning.

No, they probably didn't know. I don't think he's explained it since before we came over to this site from the now defunct fullpolitics.com. Heck, we recently discovered that a moron named Midcan5 is a woman. Just ask her to define libertarianism in a nutshell, and sit back and watch the RS and company tear the idiot apart...

:corn:

I think the main difference is that you tend towards the idea that 'spiritualism' is intrinsic whereas I, and most historians, accept it as extrinsic and part of the manipulation process by the powerful over the weak.
Incidentally you might like to look at the temples at Luxor and the tomb of Ramesis II in the valley of the kings before ascribing magic to the pyramids.

You and most historians? Manipulation by the powerful over the weak? You have to willingly suspend disbelief, for that to be the case. Indeed, in most historic examples of powerful influence over a group of people, spirituality is among the first things taken from them. Also, in most cases of the oppressed overcoming the manipulating power, spiritual faith is largely attributed to their success. So, the exact opposite of what you are claiming, is the "historic" fact. But I always love it when you pinheads bring along your imaginary friends who are experts, to support your arguments.

Ascribe magic to the pyramids? Who did that? All I said was, the massive structures were indeed built with a clear "spiritual" intent and purpose, the same with Stonehenge. To try and claim these places were completely secular, or unrelated to spiritual belief, is astoundingly ignorant.

Incidentally you might like to look at the temples at Luxor and the tomb of Ramesis II in the valley of the kings...

Funny you should mention it...

Many festivals were celebrated in Thebes. The Temple of Luxor was the center of the most important one, the festival of Opet. Built largely by Amenhotep III and Ramesses II, it appears that the temple's purpose was for a suitable setting for the rituals of the festival. The festival itself was to reconcile the human aspect of the ruler with the divine office. During the 18th Dynasty the festival lasted eleven days, but had grown to twenty-seven days by the reign of Ramesses III in the 20th Dynasty. At that time the festival included the distribution of over 11,000 loaves of bread, 85 cakes and 385 jars of beer. The procession of images of the current royal family began at Karnak and ended at the temple of Luxor. By the late 18th Dynasty the journey was being made by barge, on the Nile River. Each god or goddess was carried in a separate barge that was towed by smaller boats. Large crowds consisting of soldiers, dancers, musicians and high ranking officials accompanied the barge by walking along the banks of the river. During the festival the people were allowed to ask favors of the statues of the kings or to the images of the gods that were on the barges. Once at the temple, the king and his priests entered the back chambers. There, the king and his ka (the divine essence of each king, created at his birth) were merged, the king being transformed into a divine being. The crowd outside, anxiously awaiting the transformed king, would cheer wildly at his re-emergence. This solidified the ritual and made the king a god. The festival was the backbone of the pharaoh's government. In this way could a usurper or one not of the same bloodline become ruler over Egypt.

Now... damn if that doesn't sound pretty fucking "spiritual" to me!

Again.... We are not debating whether these people's spiritual faith was right or wrong, only that, they had a strong and profound spiritual faith. You, giving us more examples of that, is not really helping your argument.

No, they probably didn't know. I don't think he's explained it since before we came over to this site from the now defunct fullpolitics.com. Heck, we recently discovered that a moron named Midcan5 is a woman. Just ask her to define libertarianism in a nutshell, and sit back and watch the RS and company tear the idiot apart...

:corn:

Why does everyone assume "Dixie" is a female name? Has no one ever heard of Dixie Howell? One of the greatest athletes of his time! It's one of those names like "Sam" ...can be used both ways. (No, waterhead, that doesn't mean it's gay.)

Dixie was my old screen name when I was admin/owner of the now defunct website, dixiesfootballpride.com ...an Alabama Football fan site, basically. I became Dixie through that. I later discovered, on political boards, liberal pinheads often cast judgment and assumed stereotypical myths about me, before they even knew what I had to say. Simply because of the name. As time went on, I began to identify with the courageous battle my direct ancestors faced in a civil war with their brothers. I decided that I have a lot in common with Dixie, nothing to do with racial views, but often completely misunderstood and misrepresented. I stand and fight for what I believe, and in the words of the Great Philosopher Thomas Petty... I don't back down.

Midcan's a woman?? :eek:

Sam is just shorthand for Samantha the way it is short for Samuel, although it is a fairly recent nickname for the former... I doubt there are any women who's official birthname is Sam (I know a Samantha who goes by Sam...).

And we of the Northern states are not your brothers - we are your social betters!! Kneel before civilization, Dixie!

LOL at your response to Midcan's revelation (I only just learned a couple of months ago)!

And we of the Northern states are not your brothers - we are your social betters!!

You want to mess with Dixie, I have no problem with that.

But don't get out of hand. In this case you are dreaming.

Back