Life in the Bush Economy

"economist never say median wages are up x%, you total fucking moron.
If average is up 4% median is up about 4%
the difference if for idiots to think they have a clue which you obviously don't"

"You show how utterly business stupid you are by saying average is no good."

"They never use Median to describe changes in income. "

All of the above are comments from Top.

Top... nowhere did I say that the current situation is bad, thus current numbers are not relevant to my point. My point is that only an idiot (typically journalists) would look to average income rather than median income to get a guage on the economy.

Top... I have shown you why your first quote above is wrong. No one said average was no good, they just pointed out that it could easily be skewed by the extremes whereas median income is not as succeptible to the extremes. Your third quote was simply too funny to be taken seriously.

you've showm me that your junior college taught you the differnence you didn't give me a real world number.
Matter of fact the August income average was up 3.9%, what was the median up?:clink:

you've showm me that your junior college taught you the differnence you didn't give me a real world number.
Matter of fact the August income average was up 3.9%, what was the median up?:clink:

You crack me up top... do you really think that by saying I went to junior college that somehow your argument will suddenly become correct?

Median was 1.6%, Average was 1.7% increase for the month of August 2006 to that of August 2007.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Economy/wm1601.cfm

Low unemployment has forced companies to raise wages as they compete to hire scarce workers. Average hourly wages rose at a 3.5 percent annual rate in August and have risen 3.9 percent over the past year.[4] Accounting for inflation, average hourly wages still rose 1.7 percent in the past year.[5]

Many commentators and policymakers argue that average wages are a misleading measure of economic well-being. They believe that only the very wealthy have benefited during this recovery, causing average wages to rise despite most workers seeing no benefit.[6] These pundits are mistaken. The weekly earnings of the median worker have risen by 1.6 percent over the past year—almost the same rate as the rise in average wages.[7]

Workers' pay consists of more than their wages or salaries. Benefits make up 30 percent of the average worker's compensation.[8] Accounting for benefits, workers' total compensation has risen even faster than their wages. Total compensation per hour in the non-farm business sector has risen 3.0 percent in the past year, after inflation—almost double the rate of wage and salary growth.[9] Despite the job losses, the economy shows signs of strength with low unemployment and rising wages.

Umm most of us take a little broader view than one month Topper. Even trailer trash are smarter than you on that.

the argument was on august 2007 cold calling genius
my stance is median comes out much later cause you need census of everybody individually as opposed to totals for average.

my stance is median comes out much later cause you need census of everybody individually as opposed to totals for average.

LOL, good strawgrasping there Topper. However it impresses no one.

as usual you look nothing up usc, just pull something useless out your ass. Give the median number GED genius.

No tool.... the argument was that you stated they moved in the same manner regardless, that median was not reported at all and that median was not the better guage of the economy. You also seemed confused as to how the average could be skewed by those on the extremes of the income scale.

You also failed to notice that Damo posted BOTH median and mean hourly wage info... so how does that hold up to your new theory that median comes out much later? Not to mention the fact that you stated it was never reported.

Hey cornsucker
I never said 2/3 of what your claiming.
The report said income up 3.9%, some jr college wizz (your peer) pulls out the median garbage.
And undergrad business major knows median.

Pull the fucking number, I don't need your 8th grade explanation. You don't even have the freaking number your arguing for.
Cold caller.:clink:

your retarded if you think I don't know what median is.
your bashing the 3.9% August 2007 average but all you have is a nuber out your ass.
Give me a link with the median, and I'll say you are righ

""economist never say median wages are up x%, you total fucking moron.
If average is up 4% median is up about 4%
the difference if for idiots to think they have a clue which you obviously don't"

"You show how utterly business stupid you are by saying average is no good."

"They never use Median to describe changes in income. "

Did you state the above topper?

Median was 1.6%, Average was 1.7% increase for the month of August 2006 to that of August 2007.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Economy/wm1601.cfm

Low unemployment has forced companies to raise wages as they compete to hire scarce workers. Average hourly wages rose at a 3.5 percent annual rate in August and have risen 3.9 percent over the past year.[4] Accounting for inflation, average hourly wages still rose 1.7 percent in the past year.[5]

Many commentators and policymakers argue that average wages are a misleading measure of economic well-being. They believe that only the very wealthy have benefited during this recovery, causing average wages to rise despite most workers seeing no benefit.[6] These pundits are mistaken. The weekly earnings of the median worker have risen by 1.6 percent over the past year—almost the same rate as the rise in average wages.[7]

Workers' pay consists of more than their wages or salaries. Benefits make up 30 percent of the average worker's compensation.[8] Accounting for benefits, workers' total compensation has risen even faster than their wages. Total compensation per hour in the non-farm business sector has risen 3.0 percent in the past year, after inflation—almost double the rate of wage and salary growth.[9] Despite the job losses, the economy shows signs of strength with low unemployment and rising wages.

Since you clearly cannot read topper..... I will re-post the numbers Damo posted already... which was pointed out to you previously. But apparently an economic guru like yourself has trouble with that whole reading thing...

Back