Luxury Watches

I think I'd just assume have something with more substance to it throwing that money down. That was my entire 2018 cross country trip budget. That includes all the gas, meals, wine, and local goodies. With an expensive watch you get something that tells time and something that looks flashy. If you get one that will only increase in value, that might be more substantial.

Well again...I’m not paying for it. :)

Let me ask you this. Given the same budget if someone was going to gift you jewelry or a watch (take it or leave it) what would you choose?

Last edited:
Yeah. Plus he's a walking 'Dollar Sign' in Foreign Countries, just ripe for the picking. (or mugging) :(

Hell I’d be a walking dollar sign in most countries with my Swiss Tissot which was only $350.

You’d have to be an idiot to travel abroad on public transport wearing a luxury watch but where I live a Rolex Oyster ain’t shit. I commonly see guys here in Dublin wearin Submariners, Daytona’s and Patek Philippe which are all five figure watches.

Hell I’d be a walking dollar sign in most countries with my Swiss Tissot which was only $350.

You’d have to be an idiot to travel abroad on public transport wearing a luxury watch but where I live a Rolex Oyster ain’t shit. I commonly see guys here in Dublin wearin Submariners, Daytona’s and Patek Philippe which are all five figure watches.

Well, at least you have your priorities straight. Watches (along with shoes) are important items that tell others your station in Life ... and theirs.

I don't want to have sex with you either! Asian women love ostentation, it's in their genes.

I don’t know about genetics but they sure love their bling bling.

We were car shopping a couple of years ago for a new car for her. The three cars we looked at were a BMW 328i, a Lexus ES 350 and a Lincoln MKZ 3.7. She was hell bent on the BMW 328i when both the Lexus and MKZ were obviously superior cars. BMW had that “Branding”. Though the 328i had the lowest purchase price it’s total cost to own was highest and its reliability the lowest and it’s performance the lowest. The Lexus ES 350 was the best vehicle over all but it purchase price was the highest and cost to own was higher than the MKZ and reliability was about even. She was insistent on the BMW 328i. I finally convinced her that Lexus and Lincoln’s were on par with BMW. It was just exasperating how important branding was to her. I finally put my foot down and told her the BMW was off the table.

To my surprise when we test drove the Lexus and Lincoln she like the Lincoln better than the Lexus. We ended up having a terrible experience at the Lexus dealership and they had the car marked up $7,000 over MSRP, refused to negotiate and kept trying to up sell us. My experience with how we were treated, the over pricing and the high pressure up sell that Lexus IS permanently off my list as a future purchase. Ended buying the MKZ 3.7 at two grand below MSRP cause I paid cash. Fuck Lexus.

Back