Luxury Watches

I'm surprised that you've not heard of them!

So am I. I come from a long line of railroaders and the connection to Ohio is obvious. After looking through their inventory I was attracted to the Train Master Cannonball and Cleveland. It’s Union Pacific standard watch is nice too.

you really are a simpleton, aren't you? You do realize the vast majority of world leaders are rich as fuck before they enter office, right? that's not really a unique thing

Grind you ninny patted nincompoop. That was a joke. Putin was a career spook on a government salary before taking office.

Everyone knows how Putin could have a million dollar watch collection on a salary of $115 KPY except apparently you.

Grind you ninny patted nincompoop. That was a joke. Putin was a career spook on a government salary before taking office.

Everyone knows how Putin could have a million dollar watch collection on a salary of $115 KPY except apparently you.

I knew smart people like you, and even dupes of average intelligence, understood the tongue in cheek parody.

cypress didn’t know but good job giving him cover for his ignorant circlejerking

U-Boat, Does make one watch with a metal band and it's affordable too!

71ydkYpAp0L._AC_UX522_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Sommerso-Aut...0047&refinements=p_89:U-Boat&s=apparel&sr=1-4

U-BOAT_9014-MT-1_400x.jpg

https://www.chrono24.com/uboat/automatic-sommerso-diver-watch-blue-bracelet-9014mt--id16123870.htm

My wife wants to buy me a nice entry level luxury watch for the bling bling I’ve bought her over the years. I’d like some suggestions as to what to buy. I have a budget of $3,000 to $6,000. My initial go to watch is a Rolex Oyster Perpetual. I definitely want a mechanical watch and have a preference for understated value and craftsmanship. Any informed suggestions would be appreciated.

:eyeroll:

I'm surprised that you've not heard of them!

I’m very much like this Ball Watch. The face plate is pretty much like their original pocket watch and I like the rail road track on the border of the face plate. It appears Ball, though not a big name in Swiss Watches, has a solid reputation for accuracy and durability. Price at $2,500 is less then half the Omega Moonwatch or the Rolex Perpetual Oyster. Downside is they don’t hold their value well but if I bough this I don’t think I’d resell it.

1028320136.jpg

I’m very much like this Ball Watch. The face plate is pretty much like their original pocket watch and I like the rail road track on the border of the face plate. It appears Ball, though not a big name in Swiss Watches, has a solid reputation for accuracy and durability. Price at $2,500 is less then half the Omega Moonwatch or the Rolex Perpetual Oyster. Downside is they don’t hold their value well but if I bough this I don’t think I’d resell it.

1028320136.jpg

https://www.chrono24.com/ball/index.htm

Holy crap. Those were the most important members of the Italian Navy during the war.

ABOUT U-BOAT WATCHES

U-Boat was created by larger than life Italo Fontana in 2001, when he was inspired by drawings his Grandfather, Italo, had at the bequest of the Italian Navy for a Frogmen’s wrist watch. Italo has bestowed a unique style into his brand, that now garners respect throughout the world with collectors including many film, sports and rock stars. Taking inspiration from his Grandfather’s groundbreaking design, Italo is constantly looking to improve his products, resulting in the latest Capsoil timepieces with an oil filled case, giving a unique domed dial aesthetic. U-boat watches are designed to be tough, (many of which have tungsten bezels), easy to use (with the patented crown release mechanism), and individual (many of them in low number production with case side plaques). Dare to be different with a U-Boat timepiece.

https://amjwatches.co.uk/u-boat.html

Thanks Ken. I’ve looked at their inventory and I’m pretty sure that during my Grandfather and Great Grandfather and my Great, Great Grandfathers careers as Railway Conductors they more than likely used Ball Watches as they were the de facto standard at that time and given they were stationed in Ohio and Indiana.

With that being the case the Cannonball watch has a design largely based on the watches used by Railroad employees of the late 19th through the mid 20th century with the onion style fob, the white enamel face plate with sarif Arabic letters the railroad track second markers on the perimeter and the large diameter making them easy to read.

In other words this watch connects to me in a big way given my family’s connection to the Railroad and Ohio.

633E3EC1-4061-4A4F-8C05-010D291F45BC.jpgWell the Misses pulled the trigger today and bought me the Ball Trainmaster Cannonball. Unfortunately the Jewelry store didn’t have the version with the white dial face so we went with the black one. I was surprised at when holding them in my hand how much I liked this more than either the Rolex Perpetual Date or the Omega Moonwatch.

View attachment 16936Well the Misses pulled the trigger today and bought me the Ball Trainmaster Cannonball. Unfortunately the Jewelry store didn’t have the version with the white dial face so we went with the black one. I was surprised at when holding them in my hand how much I liked this more than either the Rolex Perpetual Date or the Omega Moonwatch.

That's a nice watch too, that website I sent you had that watch with a white face. What railroad did you grandfather work for?

https://www.chrono24.com/search/ind...e&searchexplain=1&watchTypes=&accessoryTypes=

View attachment 16936Well the Misses pulled the trigger today and bought me the Ball Trainmaster Cannonball. Unfortunately the Jewelry store didn’t have the version with the white dial face so we went with the black one. I was surprised at when holding them in my hand how much I liked this more than either the Rolex Perpetual Date or the Omega Moonwatch.

Where's my 10% for recommending it? It's certainly a nice looking watch. May you have many happy hours playing with it...and the watch as well!

Last edited:
Back