Liver and onions
Meatloaf
Sweet potato pie
Fried catfish
Coleslaw
Watermelon
Mashed potatoes and corn
others to be included, if necessary.

My wife's tamales, empanadas, Spanish rice, enchiladas, tacos, tostados, and anything else she decides to make.

I left out biscuits and gravy. :palm:

I didn't ban Democrats because I want to hear how many salads they like.

I like salads too.

My favorite foods? Ice cream. A Maine lobster, or Alaskan crab. A not-too-creamy potato salad. Claussen pickles. A nice rare sirloin or NY strip steak.

Best sandwich? A Ruben from a New York deli.

A nice steak is my go-to and the temp depends on the cut. I like it almost rare at most times but for ribeye, you want the marbling to render a little more.

Another one is my favorite all-time sandwich, the Cuban. I've seen some omit or change things but they don't work. Bacon does not work in place of the ham. It changes the flavor profile too much.

I'm also a sucker for well-made ramen. My favorite place closed in Chicago but I hear they have a shop in Ann Arbor though. The spicy Tantanmen ramen was great.

Pizza is another must. Tons of meat is what it needs most. Simply Pepperoni mostly unless they serve some of the higher-end meats. My favorite is the Sicilian style pizza.

Another favorite is to make homemade roast beef. Use different seasonings at times but I always cook it mid-rare. I tried a Moroccan seasoning recently that was good.

One favorite I've had to say goodbye to lately is those delicious onion rings.

Mott, you ARE a moronic, smug prick. We like the stuff that tastes good, not your artsy-fartsy crap.

A smog prick? Certainly. A moron? At least I’m not ignorant and xenophobic. Cote de Boeuf is simply a ribeye steak pan fried in a cast iron skillet with butter. A classic French recipe that’s a simple as it gets but requires a little technique.

But call it by its classic French name and you freak.

A smog prick? Certainly. A moron? At least I’m not ignorant and xenophobic. Cote de Boeuf is simply a ribeye steak pan fried in a cast iron skillet with butter. A classic French recipe that’s a simple as it gets but requires a little technique.

I prefer the German stuff like Jägerschnitzel but the French have some dam good stuff as well.

Sorry about that, Mott. I was the prick in that exchange. I actually DO like SOME artsy-fartsy food, but the restaurants around here that serve it tend to be a bit pricey. And I DO like asparagus, cooked or uncooked.

Back