Materialistic society is 'damaging' children

You obviously haven't visited the Silicon Valley, Route 128 in Boston the Research Triangle in North Carolina or areas like Austin, TX. What do you think the internet and the late '90's and mid 2000's were all about? Those areas all blew up and exploded because of entrepreneurs. I was in the heart of it Desh, I worked with these people. What kind of technology did you use in the '70's or even the '80's? No where near the technology people use today. Everything was founded by start-ups. Granted Microsoft is huge today but is was two tech geeks who started it and look what they created.

You are severely missing the big picture if you think the entrepreneurial spirit is gone in this country. I'd bet you a $1,000 dollars your son probably has a facebook page or if not then at least a myspace page. Facebook was founded by a couple of kids in college and is worth almost $1 billion today.

Kids don't sit around dreaming about having a mom & pop corner market which is what you were trying to refer to.

I worked in RTP for several years.

Bleeding edge stuff too, not bad for a trailer park GED bowler :)

Back