Morality Question

The legislation was a result of a drunk bike driver who caused a car to veer off the road killing its occupants. I agree it's sad, but legislation is almost always reactionary.

Which is one reason the founders made it difficult to enact legislation. It should be hard to pass such laws to avoid overreactions and to force due consideration.

It is unethical for government/business to mandate vaccines, especially one that doesn't work.

We have mandated vaccines for kids to enter school for generations. We lined up kids in gyms to get the polio vaccinations. I am glad people like you were not around back then. We ended a polio epidemic. You guys would have kept it going.

In San Diego they have something similar. The whole idea is to get people from 'DRIVING' and start taking Public Transit.
It's CHEAPER to subsidize Public Transit than build ANOTHER Freeway Lane.

(Every Driver would gladly pay the Transit Fare of the next Driver to get him OFF the road)

Not in Phoenix it isn't. The light fail system here has cost so much to build and has such low ridership that it'd be cheaper to just give every daily rider a new Prius every four or five years...

Building freeways per mile is much cheaper than light fail too...

Freeways cost 2.7 to 62.4 million a mile, while light fail costs 15 to 100 million per mile.

Not in Phoenix it isn't. The light fail system here has cost so much to build and has such low ridership that it'd be cheaper to just give every daily rider a new Prius every four or five years...

Freeways cost 2.7 to 62.4 million a mile, while light fail costs 15 to 100 million per mile.

Another problem is the low capacity of light rail, for example Seattles has four cabs on every train but only two are ever used, one at a time. That is a lot of wasted space. They did not care.

BTW anyone interested in looking at a light rail disaster caused by atrocious government should do a quick study of Ottawa's Confederation Line.

OMG.

Another problem is the low capacity of light rail, for example Seattles has four cabs on every train but only two are ever used, one at a time. That is a lot of wasted space. They did not care.

Here in Phoenix, light fail runs mostly empty all day long. The only major user of it are ASU college students transiting between the Tempe and downtown campus. Worse, the system runs on an honor system that you'll buy a ticket. There are no gate controls and anyone can just get on and off as they please. There is a minimum of enforcement on the trains checking tickets, but it is hardly universal or frequent.

Actually there are very often 6 cabs in a train, only one being used.

Here in Phoenix, light fail runs mostly empty all day long. The only major user of it are ASU college students transiting between the Tempe and downtown campus. Worse, the system runs on an honor system that you'll buy a ticket. There are no gate controls and anyone can just get on and off as they please. There is a minimum of enforcement on the trains checking tickets, but it is hardly universal or frequent.

I think I know that the entire Phoenix transit system is poorly designed and lightly used. But then again I cant imagine standing around in the Phoenix heat waiting for a bus.

We have mandated vaccines for kids to enter school for generations. We lined up kids in gyms to get the polio vaccinations. I am glad people like you were not around back then. We ended a polio epidemic. You guys would have kept it going.
Polio wasn't created in a lab.

One of the big ways Sound Transit pissed me off is the lack of bathrooms...it is planned that linkrail trains will run for a couple of hours end to end (currently 53 minutes) but there are no bathrooms on the trains, few bathrooms in the stations (Most stations have zero), and the ones they did build have been (mostly?) closed to riders for awhile now, they are only for staff.

This is uncivilized, and a recipe for disaster. .

Take a fucking look at the just opened Moynihan Train Hall in NYC....they could not be bothered to put in any seating at all....because they dont give a fuck about us.

Civilization is crumbling.

Yeah, sure. Does that count buying all the Homes you have to bulldoze?

I refuse to be a guinea pig and be forced to take government/business mandated drugs.

I won't either. But a vaccine recommended by the medical community that has shown no side effects and makes it 10+ times less likely that I die? Yep, I'm in. Sorry about your galactic stupidity. We all have our crosses to bear.

I won't either. But a vaccine recommended by the medical community that has shown no side effects and makes it 10+ times less likely that I die? Yep, I'm in. Sorry about your galactic stupidity. We all have our crosses to bear.

You cant actually be as ignorant as you act.

Which would make you a yet another liar.

You cant actually be as ignorant as you act.

Which would make you a yet another liar.

My bad. Some people got a sore arm or felt a little run down. You know what they didn't feel? A breathing tube going down their throat. Good luck in the ICU.

Yeah, sure. Does that count buying all the Homes you have to bulldoze?

That hasn't been the case in Phoenix where we're building lots of freeways and expanding existing ones. In fact, the latest two light fail expansions have caused numerous business failures due to street closures and restrictions and the whole system clogs traffic on the streets it runs along.
I think the funniest one is they're expanding one section across I 17 at about Dunlap Rd., and it's going into a now abandoned mall (Metrocenter).

map1.jpg

That's the route at the top of the map.
The light green one marked "South Central" runs along a street with nothing but industrial, wholesale, and other businesses that don't do foot traffic at all--ZERO. One of the vendors I use regularly is just off that street. There's nothing down there for passenger service. No residential anywhere, no businesses that work on foot traffic. So, that leg is going to be a huge fail for passenger service.

Back