Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Sydney

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Rio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
I have to be honest, after I've seen one basillica I feel like I've seen them all. I judge a place on beauty and entertainment levels.

Damo,

using "Denver", and "most awesome city" in the same sentence, is an oxymoron.

Just like using "hamburger" and "fine cuisine" would be.

:pke:

j/k

I'm a history Buff so the more history a city has the more I like it. Thats why as much a shithold as Philly is I like it.

I'm a history Buff so the more history a city has the more I like it. Thats why as much a shithold as Philly is I like it.

I'm actually not that impressed with most American cities as a whole. There's something about the really old and impressive architecture of Europe and the new cutting edge scenery in Asia. American cities tend to be somewhere in the middle which for me equals = unimpressive.

"using "Denver", and "most awesome city" in the same sentence, is an oxymoron.

Just like using "hamburger" and "fine cuisine" would be. "

What a crock of shit. The "most awesome city" is completely subjective and depends on what each individual likes.

Some mentioned above they like the history of a city, some said the architechture etc...

I love Denver because of the abundance of outdoor activities that are available, the quality of the people, the open surroundings (as opposed to more congestive cities), cost of living etc...

While I love visiting cities like NYC, Philly, Chicago, Boston, San Fran etc... I would never consider living in any of them.

I plan to visit London, Rome, Paris etc... for the history and amazing architechture, because I do love that as well. But Denver is still the best... TO ME.

"using "Denver", and "most awesome city" in the same sentence, is an oxymoron.

Just like using "hamburger" and "fine cuisine" would be. "

What a crock of shit. The "most awesome city" is completely subjective and depends on what each individual likes.

Some mentioned above they like the history of a city, some said the architechture etc...

I love Denver because of the abundance of outdoor activities that are available, the quality of the people, the open surroundings (as opposed to more congestive cities), cost of living etc...

While I love visiting cities like NYC, Philly, Chicago, Boston, San Fran etc... I would never consider living in any of them.

I plan to visit London, Rome, Paris etc... for the history and amazing architechture, because I do love that as well. But Denver is still the best... TO ME.

Whoa! I was joking s-freak, calm down ;)

I've lived in colorado. It's one of the better states to live in. Although, y'all need to get yourself an ocean. I hate being land-locked.

As for Denver and outdoor recreation, I always found Denver itself, to be a bit over-rated on that front. Face it: Denver isn't even in the Rocky mountains...it's out on the great plains. You're at least a 30 minute drive from the foothills, and at least an hour from the real mountains.

If you want a city that is right in the mountains, with outdoor recreational opportunities 15 minutes from your door, try Portland Oregon. Or, even where I live.

;)

Whoa! I was joking s-freak, calm down ;)

I've lived in colorado. It's one of the better states to live in. Although, y'all need to get yourself an ocean. I hate being land-locked.

As for Denver and outdoor recreation, I always found Denver itself, to be a bit over-rated on that front. Face it: Denver isn't even in the Rocky mountains...it's out on the great plains. You're at least a 30 minute drive from the foothills, and at least an hour from the real mountains.

If you want a city that is right in the mountains, with outdoor recreational opportunities 15 minutes from your door, try Portland Oregon. Or, even where I live.

;)

S-freak: As for Denver and outdoor recreation, I always found Denver itself, to be a bit over-rated on that front. Face it: Denver isn't even in the Rocky mountains...it's out on the great plains. You're at least a 30 minute drive from the foothills, and at least an hour from the real mountains.

Top this S-freak.... ;)

Where I live:

Surfing, kayaking, and sailing: within five minutes or less of my front door.

Camping (primitive or RV-style): several choices, with ocean views, three to five minutes from my house.

Golf: two beautiful courses within ten minutes of my front door.

Hiking, mountain biking: within ten minutes of my front door.

Horseback riding: 15 minutes from my front door.

S-freak: As for Denver and outdoor recreation, I always found Denver itself, to be a bit over-rated on that front. Face it: Denver isn't even in the Rocky mountains...it's out on the great plains. You're at least a 30 minute drive from the foothills, and at least an hour from the real mountains.

Top this S-freak.... ;)

Where I live:

Surfing, kayaking, and sailing: within five minutes or less of my front door.

Camping (primitive or RV-style): several choices, with ocean views, three to five minutes from my house.

Golf: two beautiful courses within ten minutes of my front door.

Hiking, mountain biking: within ten minutes of my front door.

Horseback riding: 15 minutes from my front door.

I've got the lovely and infamous NJ turnpike just 10 minutes from my front door.

Kayaking and sailing in brownish/black water just 30 miles or 3 hours in standstill traffic et voila! If you're lucky you can get a free needle in that deal.

2 hours west during the winter season you can hit up the slopes and ski with townies.

Cancer clusters just 20 minutes from my door step

Occassionally brown drinking water.....right at my door step

Two headed fish 1 minute from my doorstep

Jewels I tell you....real jewels......

I've got the lovely and infamous NJ turnpike just 10 minutes from my front door.

Kayaking and sailing in brownish/black water just 30 miles or 3 hours in standstill traffic et voila! If you're lucky you can get a free needle in that deal.

2 hours west during the winter season you can hit up the slopes and ski with townies.

Cancer clusters just 20 minutes from my door step

Occassionally brown drinking water.....right at my door step

Two headed fish 1 minute from my doorstep

Jewels I tell you....real jewels......

All the benefits of modern life, what more could you ask for.

The Garden State ... there must be one left somewhere....

Back