Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Sydney

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Rio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
I've got the lovely and infamous NJ turnpike just 10 minutes from my front door.

Kayaking and sailing in brownish/black water just 30 miles or 3 hours in standstill traffic et voila! If you're lucky you can get a free needle in that deal.

2 hours west during the winter season you can hit up the slopes and ski with townies.

Cancer clusters just 20 minutes from my door step

Occassionally brown drinking water.....right at my door step

Two headed fish 1 minute from my doorstep

Jewels I tell you....real jewels......

LOL: And who could turn down a visit to the scenic landfills and refineries of northern new jersey!

On the positive side, I'm sure you have me totally beat on restaurants, clubs, and stuff like that

I've got the lovely and infamous NJ turnpike just 10 minutes from my front door.

Kayaking and sailing in brownish/black water just 30 miles or 3 hours in standstill traffic et voila! If you're lucky you can get a free needle in that deal.

2 hours west during the winter season you can hit up the slopes and ski with townies.

Cancer clusters just 20 minutes from my door step

Occassionally brown drinking water.....right at my door step

Two headed fish 1 minute from my doorstep

Jewels I tell you....real jewels......

LOL. They're are some nice parts of Jersey though. I was looking at houses there, several years ago actually.

LOL: And who could turn down a visit to the scenic landfills and refineries of northern new jersey!

On the positive side, I'm sure you have me totally beat on restaurants, clubs, and stuff like that

Our landfills are our biggest tourist attraction actually. You know those little bottles filled with sand that you can get at the beach as a souvenir? Well, we have "fill bottles". They're really popular. You can get a free one if you go on the dead body mob tour. Jewels I tell you.

Oh yeah? where at?

Cherry Hill and some other places. I don't remember them all. My fiance worked in the city, and we were looking for a house and considered Jersey. We ended up buying one on Long Island though. But, some of the towns we were in were very nice, very wooded and scenic even. Have you ever seen some of the houses you can get in the Poconos and other places in that part of PA, and for only a portion of what you pay in NY and NJ? Damn. But the commute is crazy.

I should say, that he ended up buying one on Long Island. I didn't have that kind of money, but he did. It would have been half mine if we had married though. But we didn't. So I didn't get half the house, and I gave the ring back, because I was the one who broke the engagement and I think that if you break it you should give the ring back, and if he breaks it you should keep it and make a necklace out of it, preferably by using his charge account.

So I really got nothing out of the whole thing except for some very nice dinners which he still takes me out for, from time to time. And now i don't have to pretend to be interested when he talks about work. (he's kind of a Spinner type, all about the capital).

Anyway, that's all neither here nor there, I just felt like babbling a little bit.

Cypress...

Denver is in the Great plains? They don't call it the MILE HIGH city for nothing. A city that is above most of the "mountain" peaks out east.

Hiking... REAL HIKING... is but a twenty minute drive.

Pristine Bike paths for road biking throughout the city.

Mountian (REAL MOUNTAINS) biking 20 minutes away.

54 14'ers to hike/climb throughout the state, the closest about an hour from where I live. As for the mountains proximity, about 15 minutes into the mountains... unless you don't count 10000 foot peaks as REAL mountains??? Goofball... you obviously have been away too long. Come on out and we'll do Long's Peak hike together.

VAIL... best ski resort in the N America (Whistler has a legit claim to #1 as well, but I am biased... so Vail wins) about 90 minute drive. Breck, Keystone, A-Basin, Loveland, Copper, Winter Park all less than that.

Mountain golf courses an hour away. Numerous golf courses within 20 minutes... including the International at Castle Pines.

Horseback riding...trails everywhere... closest within 2 miles of my place

Not to mention the rafting/fly fishing etc....

As for the ocean...ya got me... I think we have a puddle around here somewhere. :)

Now as for nightlife, from what I have experienced... NYC has everyone beat... I would put Chicago in a distant second.

It's hard to imagine a better night life than NYC...in this country anyway. I've never seen it. But, I haven't been everywhere in this country. There are I would imagine, cities in Europe that can rival it.

As for sea kayaking... I ususally fly up to Seattle for that.

Seattle is a beautiful city. I could live in Seattle. Probably anywhere on the West Coast, certainly California too. But Seattle, it's really a beauty. For someone from my part of NY, to have the ocean, and mountains, and culture in the same place is new.

"He's just getting a little over-zealous because he had the chance to own a certain someone who shall remain nameless in this thread."

I told you, I didn't OWN you. I just pointed out that your boyfriend had a great idea... just because someone else put that same exact plan into place in 1969... no big deal. :D

"Seattle is a beautiful city. I could live in Seattle. Probably anywhere on the West Coast, certainly California too. But Seattle, it's really a beauty. For someone from my part of NY, to have the ocean, and mountains, and culture in the same place is new."

I agree. If I had to leave CO, Seattle and San Diego would be my first two options. Not only is Seattle a great city, but it is not that far a drive to Vancouver and Whistler. :D

Cypress...

Denver is in the Great plains? They don't call it the MILE HIGH city for nothing. A city that is above most of the "mountain" peaks out east.

Hiking... REAL HIKING... is but a twenty minute drive.

Pristine Bike paths for road biking throughout the city.

Mountian (REAL MOUNTAINS) biking 20 minutes away.

54 14'ers to hike/climb throughout the state, the closest about an hour from where I live. As for the mountains proximity, about 15 minutes into the mountains... unless you don't count 10000 foot peaks as REAL mountains??? Goofball... you obviously have been away too long. Come on out and we'll do Long's Peak hike together.

VAIL... best ski resort in the N America (Whistler has a legit claim to #1 as well, but I am biased... so Vail wins) about 90 minute drive. Breck, Keystone, A-Basin, Loveland, Copper, Winter Park all less than that.

Mountain golf courses an hour away. Numerous golf courses within 20 minutes... including the International at Castle Pines.

Horseback riding...trails everywhere... closest within 2 miles of my place

Not to mention the rafting/fly fishing etc....

As for the ocean...ya got me... I think we have a puddle around here somewhere. :)

Dude you are on the great plains, albeit your on the edge of the front range.

I don't deny there's a lot of great opportunities in the rockies. But, you've gotta get your ass in the car and drive for at least an hour. Within a twenty or thirty minute radius of denver, there's virutally nothing. I've seen the Platte River. I would kayak on that thing if somebody put a gun to my head. Okay, maybe I would with a gun to my head ;)

All the skiing and rafting is hours away. I'll admit, I have to go three hours for sking here. But as for the other water sports, the camping, the hiking, the horseback riding - its all like ten minutes from my front door. I can practically walk to all that stuff. I don't have to sit my ass in a car, and drive for an hour to the Rockies.

So, I win ;)

"It's hard to imagine a better night life than NYC...in this country anyway. I've never seen it. But, I haven't been everywhere in this country. There are I would imagine, cities in Europe that can rival it."

I have been to 49 states now and seen most of of the nightlife in the major cities... it really isn't close.

It's hard to imagine a better night life than NYC...in this country anyway. I've never seen it. But, I haven't been everywhere in this country. There are I would imagine, cities in Europe that can rival it.

Sadly, I think you even have San Francisco beat for nightlife and culture. The museums alone in NYC, blow away anything the west coast has.

And it kills me to admit it, because I'm a west coast Nazi! ;)

Last edited:
Sadly, I think you even have San Francisco beat for nightlife and culture. The museums along in NYC, blow away anything the west coast has.

And it kills me to admit it, because I'm a west coast Nazi! ;)

I go to the Met a lot. I'm going next weekend to see this new exhibit about Venice and Islam, which I saw in the NY Times and I'm really excited about. I dont see how you can beat Ny for this kind of thing. And the live music too is amazing. On any given night you can find really top-notch jazz, cabaret, rock, whatever you want.

You guys have not been to Bubba bar and grill in Brimingham , that is obvious :D
No better place to get drunk pinch some butt, get slapped , get in a fight and throw up , anywhere....Waylon and Willie blare from the band all night!

Then there was this place in Saigon....

Cypress, try using a map goofball... Since when are the great plains a mile above sea level? That is like calling most of the "mountains" in the east "plains". Also, as I mentioned, the mountains are closer than you seem to recall. Mount Evans is 30 minutes from my house... closer from downtown Denver. Mount Evans is a 14er. Numerous 10k plus peaks closer than that.

Probably need to understand what you consider hiking, but there are numerous places within 15 minutes where I can hike/mountain bike.

All that said, I do love the accessibility you have as well. We'll call it a tie based on individual preferences. You prefer to have ten-fifteen miles less to travel. I prefer real challenges. ;)

Back