Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Sydney

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Rio

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
No...but IHG, the last two men I was seriously involved with both told me that if it didn't work out with me they weren't going to end up with anybody. I think I really take a lot out of a man, I mean they don't even want to date after me.

It's like, they're horrified or something. lol. But it's true!

Well as a straight woman I think I'm most objective in this case. And you do have an attractive personality. I can't imagine some poor guy that proposed to you, was going to buy you a house and planned to live the rest of his life with you not still clinging to some shred of hope when he takes you out to dinner every now and then. I'm just not buying it. Sorry.:cig:

Have not been to Rio or Sydney, but Rome beats the others on the list hands down.

Figured as much. Rome is in my top five of cities to visit someday and number one in Europe.

I'm not the easiest person, seriously. I know, I know, you are all shocked. I'm easy-going in many ways, but I don't know what it is. I know I'm not easy though. I mean, a lot of stuff was my fault. Plenty of stuff was his fault though, and I can, and have made a list, trust me.

Many people wear a different hat in a relationship. What do you look for in a relationship?

Someone who gets my sense of humor, and who makes me laugh too. Smart is a must. Very smart, is a big plus. Trust. Easy friendship. Being comfortable. Similar political beliefs and similar interests. Trust is big. I don't mean about other women, that's a given. I mean that trust that they are on your side, and you are on theirs.

Well as a straight woman I think I'm most objective in this case. And you do have an attractive personality. I can't imagine some poor guy that proposed to you, was going to buy you a house and planned to live the rest of his life with you not still clinging to some shred of hope when he takes you out to dinner every now and then. I'm just not buying it. Sorry.:cig:

LOL.

Well, you know what? You've convinced me!

Someone who gets my sense of humor, and who makes me laugh too. Smart is a must. Very smart, is a big plus. Trust. Easy friendship. Being comfortable. Similar political beliefs and similar interests. Trust is big. I don't mean about other women, that's a given. I mean that trust that they are on your side, and you are on theirs.

Seems easy enought to find someone that fits those parameters but I'm guessing there must be some other X-Factor.

You know on second thought I take that back. It isn't easy to find someone like that. I looked at your description again and realized that is what I always looked for and only found by accident.

"Unfortunately" I really really like my current company and have devised a 10 year plan, so I'm going to be here a while.

Well you're never too far.

Darla said:
Is the commute not practical?

I technically could take the bus from Mount Laurel, but I'd be very limited in my work. Right now I'm trying to get into the international division and they actually have meetings at like midnight so that they can conference in their Asian business units. Apparently people in the home office actually show up to these and I'd really get screwed. Not to mention, getting home on a day with nice weather wouldn't be bad, but if it snows, I'm screwed. Its just better to be close. But even more importantly my boyfriend commute would be completely unreasonable.

I didn't mean to commute but many of the niceties can be taken advantage of from time to time since you are so close. I wouldn't do a commute like that.

I used to Commute from Williamstown to Princeton and that wasn't fun. Fighting rte 42 and then 1 is more than enough. I could imagine trying to go from Mt. Laurel to North Jersey every day.

You know on second thought I take that back. It isn't easy to find someone like that. I looked at your description again and realized that is what I always looked for and only found by accident.

LOL. Yeah, it's totally not easy. You're very lucky, but I can tell that you know that.

Just got back from Rome last month...it is awesome beyond measure.

Have not been to Rio or Sydney, but Rome beats the others on the list hands down.

I think I like Paris more than Rome. Rome was great don't get me wrong.....I never got hit on so much in my life, but I just think there is so much more to Paris. There's nothing like going to the top of the Eiffel tower at night or looking at the entire city from Montmarte.

I technically could take the bus from Mount Laurel, but I'd be very limited in my work. Right now I'm trying to get into the international division and they actually have meetings at like midnight so that they can conference in their Asian business units. Apparently people in the home office actually show up to these and I'd really get screwed. Not to mention, getting home on a day with nice weather wouldn't be bad, but if it snows, I'm screwed. Its just better to be close. But even more importantly my boyfriend commute would be completely unreasonable.

Ok, yeah, midnight meetings, wow. And it has to be a decent commute for both people, as you say.

I didn't mean to commute but many of the niceties can be taken advantage of from time to time since you are so close. I wouldn't do a commute like that.

I used to Commute from Williamstown to Princeton and that wasn't fun. Fighting rte 42 and then 1 is more than enough. I could imagine trying to go from Mt. Laurel to North Jersey every day.

Actually after Cherry hill 295 is usually a smooth ride (unless you actually had to get off at the route 1 exit). I went from Mount Laurel to Bridgewater for a little over a year. I've come to realize that if you're a professional in Jersey at some point you do a shitty commute.

Ohh, I'm grimacing, because yeah, I've been guilty of that.

BINGO! That seals it. He's is hoping you will get fed up with braving the unknown and find value in what you shared before.

LOL. Yeah, it's totally not easy. You're very lucky, but I can tell that you know that.

I always tell my wife I must have done something right in a former life.

I know you've heard it a million times but somewhere out there there is someone who is so perfectly compatible with who you are it will amaze you.

Ohh, I'm grimacing, because yeah, I've been guilty of that.

BINGO! That seals it. He's is hoping you will get fed up with braving the unknown and find value in what you shared before.

I have 2 words:

No shit.

Actually I have a few more words:

He's totally into you. He's just waiting for you to give the go ahead. As a matter of fact I'm going to summize that he's trying to show you that he's changed since you two dated and he's now a mature worth while guy in stark contrast to the poor losers you've been dating.

I never got hit on so much in my life, [/i]

Go to Scandinavia then. From what I've heard that'll beat anywhere else in that department.

I never got hit on so much in my life, [/i]

Go to Scandinavia then. From what I've heard that'll beat anywhere else in that department.

Well I've been to Denmark and Rome definitely has them beat in "hit-on" category for me.

Actually you just reminded me of a random story. My friend and I were in Barcelona after a hard night of partying and travelling and a couple of groups of guys tried to pick us up. Well at the time we just thought we looked normal and it must have been our "natural beauty just shining through", when we looked at the pictures, I kid you not, we looked like utter pieces of hooked on crack shit. No joke. Imagine someone who partied until 5:30 am, slept for one hour, struggled and burst into full fledged runs to make a 7 o'clock train and walked around a city all day afterwards, take away the make-up, mess up the hair and you'd have a perfect picture of us.

Back