Moving is Stressful...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
We are in the late stages of selling the small ranch and buying a larger ranch... unfortunately ranches tend to be in rural areas and you find that things you can do in the city are not available... like PODS...

They are happy to deliver it to where we are, but will not move the PODS to our new site, too far is what they say.

So, we are in the process of trying to recover from finding out that they lie when they say they'll deliver our stuff to anywhere in the state.

So, we are now looking at paying some movers to move stuff out of the storage PODS into a truck and unloading it into a 40' cargo container on our new property. Movers also do not like going that far, but they'll do it, they just charge you extra...

The stress comes in, that we have a very short time to get all this done now. LOL

Man, I'm going to love living where I am going... But this move may just kill me!

We are in the late stages of selling the small ranch and buying a larger ranch... unfortunately ranches tend to be in rural areas and you find that things you can do in the city are not available... like PODS...

They are happy to deliver it to where we are, but will not move the PODS to our new site, too far is what they say.

So, we are in the process of trying to recover from finding out that they lie when they say they'll deliver our stuff to anywhere in the state.

So, we are now looking at paying some movers to move stuff out of the storage PODS into a truck and unloading it into a 40' cargo container on our new property. Movers also do not like going that far, but they'll do it, they just charge you extra...

The stress comes in, that we have a very short time to get all this done now. LOL

Man, I'm going to love living where I am going... But this move may just kill me!

It will be over soon and you can then sit back and enjoy your new spread!!!

Can't you just hire someone to move the Pods?

Now's the time to get rid of all the stuff you haven't used in years: Coors beer memorabilia, Guns N Roses merchandise, White Spot coffee cup collection, and your East Colfax trans woman wardrobe.

Moving just sucks, period. Is hiring an moving outfit like Allied or North American pretty expensive? Good luck!

There's an old saying... Three moves are as good as a fire!

I and the family moved in May. It was only a 12 mile move one-way but it took a 28ft U-haul and two pickups, a total of 8 trips for the U-haul and 12 for the pickups to get everything there and I paid $900 for a junk hauler to make two truckloads to the dump on top of that.

Trust is evaporating as this society breaks down. So many people are about to learn how awesome Old America was before it was murdered.

Have you been to the White Spot on East Colfax?

I don't recall ever going there although Colfax was a popular street. I left in the 70s. When I went back about 10 years ago, I couldn't find my old neighborhood because it had all been built up. It was mostly grassy plains when I left.

I don't recall ever going there although Colfax was a popular street. I left in the 70s. When I went back about 10 years ago, I couldn't find my old neighborhood because it had all been built up. It was mostly grassy plains when I left.
Back in the early '80s the White Spot was ground zero for trans women. I have a few Goattales from Colfax that are cringe worthy.

Back in the early '80s the White Spot was ground zero for trans women. I have a few Goattales from Colfax that are cringe worthy.
Odd but not surprised you hung around such an area.

I was busy with community college (Arapahoe Community) and working part-time at Skaggs.

Odd but not surprised you hung around such an area.

I was busy with community college (Arapahoe Community) and working part-time at Skaggs.
Bro, I lived less than 100 yards from the White Spot. It's the definition of ghetto.

I lived east of Cherry Creek Reservoir and avoided the ghetto. Too many sick, lying cocksuckers lived there. :thup:
That's because you spent your life as a GI welfare queen. I was a young and dumb kid who had to work in the real world.

Back