My Future Lover

Yeah, it isn't very good at presenting my awesome personality... :king:

I remember reading the Socratic Dialogues and realizing how annoying it must have been. I'm finding it works the same way here.

Congratualtions Damo, you've become a succesfull hemorrhoid. Did you really need Socrates, you could have just read Doniston's work.

Congratualtions Damo, you've become a succesfull hemorrhoid. Did you really need Socrates, you could have just read Doniston's work.
LOL. He's my hero. I am so sad that he is posting on a different site now.

:cry:

But doniston's annoying wasn't quite as artful as Socrates.

My favorite columnist would probably be George Will. Although he's a conservative, he's in no way dogmatic. Paul Krugman, I think, goes a little out of his way to attribute every wrong thing in the world to George Bush.

Shut the fuck up you little dork, no shit you aren't going to find anything funny that disparages a lefty. Thank you Mr. Obvious.

What is a joke is a grown man with a Che avatar, I haven't seen guys with Che on them since high school. Loser.

This is what happens whenever we go off of our valium, now isn't it? Bad boy!

What? Donny left? I don't know how you put up with his crying as long as you did.
The internet(s) gods were pleased with me, and they blessed me with silence from the whine... And they saw that it was good, and they joined God on his Bender after his blessing upon the Iowa Primary and the invention of the Three Day Weekend... shortly followed by the three day hangover.

My favorite columnist would probably be George Will. Although he's a conservative, he's in no way dogmatic. Paul Krugman, I think, goes a little out of his way to attribute every wrong thing in the world to George Bush.

I don't read George Will Water, so I'm not going to say he's a fool and doesn't know what he's talking about, maybe he does.

But let me tell you a little story about Mr. Will, who is considered one of the intellectual giants of the conservative movement.

When Reagan was in office, Springsteen came out with a song called Born in the USA. The words in that song can break your heart Water. They are about a poor young man, stuck in a small, poor town, who gets busted by the cops and then instead of being sent to jail, is sent to Vietnam, to "go and kill the yellow man". His brother dies there. He doesnt...he comes back and is told by his VA man that they can't help. His old boss would love to hire him back, but "son don't you understand". He is unemployed and haunted, living in the "shadow of the penitentiary".

Reagan was advised that this was a big pro-American song and that "patriotism" was taking America's youth by storm, thanks to Bruce. And so Reagan phoned Springsteen for concert tickets, and this was publicized. Big PR coup, or so Reagan was advised. And Springsteen was put in the position of telling the President of the United States, that he was a moron, but in a nice way. So he simply released a statement saying that he thought it would be a good idea for Reagan to listen to the words of the song.

The man who listened to that song and heard a "big patriotic pro american song" was George Will. It was Will who advised Reagan on this "PR coup" and ended up publically embarrassing the President.

He was an idiot then, and in my personal experience, idiots don't turn into intellectuals.

But, perhaps he is the exception.

What? Donny left? I don't know how you put up with his crying as long as you did.

He announced, on a second board, for "those who are interested" that he would be posting on a third board, and posted which board that was.

Someone came along and asked, why would anyone be interested? And that was pretty funny. That guy had the fastest mental breakdown of anyone I've ever seen.

Of course not. and I love reading the ones sold by message board economists that contradict them. I always ask, where is your book being sold whenever someone comes along with that attitude of contempt, because I can tell they are like, so much smarter than Krugman or Galbraith. I want to read their work, that's all.

Who wouldn't want to. Dont' you want to?

So what you are saying is that you have to write a book to be smart?

Paris Hilton wrote a book.

I don't read George Will Water, so I'm not going to say he's a fool and doesn't know what he's talking about, maybe he does.

But let me tell you a little story about Mr. Will, who is considered one of the intellectual giants of the conservative movement.

When Reagan was in office, Springsteen came out with a song called Born in the USA. The words in that song can break your heart Water. They are about a poor young man, stuck in a small, poor town, who gets busted by the cops and then instead of being sent to jail, is sent to Vietnam, to "go and kill the yellow man". His brother dies there. He doesnt...he comes back and is told by his VA man that they can't help. His old boss would love to hire him back, but "son don't you understand". He is unemployed and haunted, living in the "shadow of the penitentiary".

Reagan was advised that this was a big pro-American song and that "patriotism" was taking America's youth by storm, thanks to Bruce. And so Reagan phoned Springsteen for concert tickets, and this was publicized. Big PR coup, or so Reagan was advised. And Springsteen was put in the position of telling the President of the United States, that he was a moron, but in a nice way. So he simply released a statement saying that he thought it would be a good idea for Reagan to listen to the words of the song.

The man who listened to that song and heard a "big patriotic pro american song" was George Will. It was Will who advised Reagan on this "PR coup" and ended up publically embarrassing the President.

He was an idiot then, and in my personal experience, idiots don't turn into intellectuals.

But, perhaps he is the exception.
Will is great, lots of good quotes:

"Liberals think their campaign against Wal-Mart is a way of introducing the subject of class into America's political argument, and they are more correct than they understand. Their campaign is liberalism as condescension. It is a philosophic repugnance toward markets, because consumer sovereignty results in the masses making messes. Liberals, aghast, see the choices Americans make with their dollars and their ballots and announce -- yes, announce -- that Americans are sorely in need of more supervision by . . . liberals. " - Democrats Vs. Wal-Mart", Washington Post (9/14/2006)

"When liberals' presidential nominees consistently fail to carry Kansas, liberals do not rush to read a book titled "What's the Matter With Liberals' Nominees?" No, the book they turned into a bestseller is titled "What's the Matter With Kansas?" Notice a pattern here? "
"Democrats Vs. Wal-Mart", Washington Post (9/14/2006)

"Reformers desperate to resuscitate taxpayer funding [of elections] cite the supposedly scandalous fact that each party's 2008 presidential campaign may spend $500 million. If so, Americans volunteering to fund the dissemination of speech about candidates for the nation's most consequential office will contribute $1 billion, which is about half the sum they spend annually on Easter candy. Some scandal. "
"Checkout for an Undemocratic Checkoff", Washington Post (9/28/2006)

"World War II was the last government program that really worked. "

"Americans are overreaching; overreaching is the most admirable and most American of the many American excesses. "

Back