"My Generation" a 60's documentary by Michael Caine is THE BEST I've ever seen!

The music of the 1960 was vehicle for social change, in the right direction, but apparently you miss the boat.

I was arrested in a school race riot when I tried to spring a Black kid from the back of a police vehicle.

I was as much a young fuzzy brained radical Left Winger as anyone on my block, if not more so.

I got wise after that but it took decades to realize all that great music was keeping us safely cocooned and anaesthetized or at least distracted while the entire society was heading to hell in a handbasket.

We were blessed by having no real signs that there was anything wrong with any of it.

My girlfriend and I lived together in 1983-4 and she once said she thought every penny devoted to providing security to Ronald Reagan should be defunded.

She HATED him, I admired him. But I wasn't all THAT bothered by her sentiment that it would change the way I felt about her.

It would today, though.

I drove through Winslow Az. buzzed on acid so I could say I once had.

Last edited:
Jesus wept.

When you read a book, listen to music, watch a film, or look at a painting or sculpture, do you always try to politicize it?

I almost feel sorry for you.

Poor Anchovies.

Pointing out the realities isn't "politicalizing it"

"Drummie" here is praising a film he likes cause he thinks it is an accurate depiction of the time period, and I am just showing him how it is a sentimental view, entertaining, but not informative to one wanting to really understand what occurred at the time. A younger person viewing the film looking for something beyond nostalgia would be left disappointed

I was arrested in a school race riot when I tried to spring a Black kid from the back of a police vehicle.

I was as much a young fuzzy brained radical Left Winger as anyone on my block, if not more so.

I got wise after that but it took decades to realize all that great music was keeping us safely cocooned and anaesthetized or at least distracted while the entire society was heading to hell in a handbasket.

We were blessed by having no real signs that there was anything wrong with any of it.

Somewhere along the way you got Trumperfide, and you went down the poop chute.

Nothing personal, but when one feels the need to narrate what they think are their qualifications to claim being there proves they weren't there, and feeling the need to include "race riot," "Black kid," and "police vehicle" cements it

Bottom line, you liked the film cause because it was nostalgic for you any nothing else, attempting to project it as a good narration of the time is erroneous

Another ideologue incapable of enjoying anything without trying to score political points.

:palm:

LOLOLOL

Strumpet.

strum•pet strŭm′pĭt►
n. A woman prostitute.
To make a strumpet of; bring to the condition of a strumpet.
To call or treat as a strumpet; give an ill name to; slander scurrilously.

Nothing personal, but when one feels the need to narrate what they think are their qualifications to claim being there proves they weren't there, and feeling the need to include "race riot," "Black kid," and "police vehicle" cements it

Bottom line, you liked the film cause because it was nostalgic for you any nothing else, attempting to project it as a good narration of the time is erroneous

Thank you for helping the readers who are familiar with my posts and posting style better understand you and how you see things.

So, in reply to your general tone, I'd tell anyone who reads your post and wonders how accurate your observations might be, I'd tell them that you have mischaracterized me and that means you probably mischaracterize other things, too.

So, I wouldn't place very much confidence in anything you say.

Sorry, but it's true.

Jesus wept.

When you read a book, listen to music, watch a film, or look at a painting or sculpture, do you always try to politicize it?

I almost feel sorry for you.

Poor Anchovies.

I find myself frequently wondering when someone will make it possible for me to upvote your posts.

Pointing out the realities isn't "politicalizing it"

"Drummie" here is praising a film he likes cause he thinks it is an accurate depiction of the time period, and I am just showing him how it is a sentimental view, entertaining, but not informative to one wanting to really understand what occurred at the time. A younger person viewing the film looking for something beyond nostalgia would be left disappointed

Maybe I was too harsh with you, my bad.

Someone looking for a factual encapsulated look at the events in this time period can get that easily enough. I'm sure there must be hundreds or thousands of such books and videos and films available via a Google search.

THIS film gives you something you won't find anywhere else, a satisfyingly fun and interesting film which is visually and musically exciting and is complete nostalgia in the best way.

Scientists can get robots to recite facts and do the clunky required basic stuff, but what can't do is make art of of hundreds of thousands of film and TV and music clips and still photos and interviews and Caine's personal recollections and with HIS sensibilities.

This is what you young guys aspire to if you are wise enough to recognize greatness.

My Generation is a great film.

Maybe I was too harsh with you, my bad.

Someone looking for a factual encapsulated look at the events in this time period can get that easily enough. I'm sure there must be hundreds or thousands of such books and videos and films available via a Google search.

THIS film gives you something you won't find anywhere else, a satisfyingly fun and interesting film which is visually and musically exciting and is complete nostalgia in the best way.

Scientists can get robots to recite facts and do the clunky required basic stuff, but what can't do is make art of of hundreds of thousands of film and TV and music clips and still photos and interviews and Caine's personal recollections and with HIS sensibilities.

This is what you young guys aspire to if you are wise enough to recognize greatness.

My Generation is a great film.

It is.

BTW, Anchovies is unlikely to be young. Childish, certainly, but not young.

Poor Anchovies.

Strumpet, on the other hand, likes to go "up" the poop chute.

He's just "youngndum," like I was at his age.

:cool:

EDIT: I just read #35, well, I didn't commit to Conservatism until 2003 when W started the war to stop Saddam.

Until then, I was still pretty dumb.

LOLOL

Back