"My Generation" a 60's documentary by Michael Caine is THE BEST I've ever seen!

What things about the film did you enjoy?

The perspective on London 60 years ago narrated by people who lived it was very appealing; the use of original music from the Sixties was well done (the rights must have cost a packet). The blend of archival footage and modern interviews was especially effective.

Puerile, that's the hand sanitzer, right?

No.

maxresdefault.jpg

He tuggs it alot, huh?

I doubt it. Men his age have notorious deficiencies in that regard, according to the medical literature.

THe more radical wanted just what we are getting now, which is a clue.

Yup!

When I was a student radically/oriented fuzzy brain, I was torn between two worlds. And in the radical programming, we tried to emulate the guys with the berets and leather jackets. Huey Newton and Eldridge Cleaver. Angela Davis was in perpetual 'hiding mode' for several years. Fred Hampton had just been killed and the anti-establishment fervor was high.

We certainly are getting what the leaders had always wanted. This is the realization of a dream. One I shared with many others. But I realize now that it was and is a bad dream. A bad, bad dream. A nightmare. A nightmare beyond anything I could understand or appreciate at the time.

I strongly recommend all of Guy Ritchie's films, as well as Layer Cake, Matthew Vaughn's directorial debut.

I understand the ending of Layer Cake and why it was what it was, I just didn't like it. But that's what he wanted to evoke. He had to know that some people wouldn't like it.

Yup!

When I was a student radically/oriented fuzzy brain, I was torn between two worlds. And in the radical programming, we tried to emulate the guys with the berets and leather jackets. Huey Newton and Eldridge Cleaver. Angela Davis was in perpetual 'hiding mode' for several years. Fred Hampton had just been killed and the anti-establishment fervor was high.

We certainly are getting what the leaders had always wanted. This is the realization of a dream. One I shared with many others. But I realize now that it was and is a bad dream. A bad, bad dream. A nightmare. A nightmare beyond anything I could understand or appreciate at the time.

Prepare for Hell.

I understand the ending of Layer Cake and why it was what it was, I just didn't like it. But that's what he wanted to evoke. He had to know that some people wouldn't like it.

There was an alternative ending. It was what the studio wanted. Vaughn had to trick Sony to get his way, and by then the focus groups had validated the ending you saw in the finished film.

There was an alternative ending. It was what the studio wanted. Vaughn had to trick Sony to get his way, and by then the focus groups had validated the ending you saw in the finished film.

GOD, YES!!!!!!!!

That is exactly what I wanted to see.

Perfect.

Back