My mother (retired RN) who is not vaccinated, has contracted Covid...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
My entire fam is vaccinated, except my mother (me, my children, my wife, my sisters and brothers, their kids, etc. are all vaccinated), and guess who contracted Covid? Yeah, the unprotected one. My sister is her caretaker and she tested negative for Covid.

Mom is in good spirits, has her sense of humor and tells me if "Feels like a bad cold"...

She's at home, not in the hospital and on Oxygen due to a slightly lower O2 level (pulse/Ox showed 86) and now shows a 96 O2 level.

I'll update as I get news. Even though it is unlikely many of you will care. Especially the vaccine dictators. We get it, you think she made a bad choice and that she shouldn't have had a choice to make regarding the vaccine, Heil Fauci, et al.

Last edited:
I just got over covid. losing taste and smell was the worst for me

I got the vax - but have auto immune disease- and take a lot of medicines to prevent my immune system from working - so I was considered a risk

I agree with your mom - it was basically a bad cold.

My entire fam is vaccinated, except my mother (me, my children, my wife, my sisters and brothers, their kids, etc. are all vaccinated), and guess who contracted Covid? Yeah, the unprotected one. My sister is her caretaker and she tested negative for Covid.

Mom is in good spirits, has her sense of humor and tells me if "Feels like a bad cold"...

She's at home, not in the hospital and on Oxygen due to a slightly lower O2 level (pulse/Ox showed 86) and now shows a 96 O2 level.

I'll update as I get news. Even though it is unlikely many of you will care. Especially the vaccine dictators. We get it, you think she made a bad choice and that she shouldn't have had a choice to make regarding the vaccine, Heil Fauci, et al.

Hopefully she'll be fine. Only about 1.5% of the antivaxxers are dying but about 25% have some form of Long COVID.

Did she say why she didn't want to be vaccinated?

Due to the politicization of this issue, the CDC expects more people to refuse flu shots and, therefore, more flu related deaths.

Not a medical person, but IIRC, most people who "die of flu" really die of pneumonia from being bedridden by the flu.

Additionally, because of masks and social distancing last year, flu deaths were down. That count will go up again this year as cities ease their restrictions.

If anyone cares, I always update my shots. Already had the COVID series, this year's flu shot and the pneumonia 23. Still need to update tetanus, shingles and pneumonia 13.

https://www.goodrx.com/health-topic...inations-for-pneumonia-what-is-the-difference

I just got over covid. losing taste and smell was the worst for me

I got the vax - but have auto immune disease- and take a lot of medicines to prevent my immune system from working - so I was considered a risk

I agree with your mom - it was basically a bad cold.

It was more like the flu to me; chills, loss of appetite, lethargy.

I'm not wishing ill of anybody's mom.

I just fucking don't get it.
They offered the vaccines for FREE.
An RN is an educated individual. AND a health professional.

There's nothing about these stories that make any sense whatsoever.
I find them infuriating.

I hope your mom makes a full and speedy recovery. Enough said.

It was more like the flu to me; chills, loss of appetite, lethargy.

Day one of feeling symptoms I was incredibly fatigued and by that night I was having some difficulty breathing (like a bad chest cold). By the next day, I had the worst headache of my life and absolutely no energy. By day three I was just a little tired, and day four completely back to normal. My wife had it way worse, chills, shaking, naseau, vomiting, and ended up severely dehydrated to the point where she needed an IV. Nasty stuff, even when vaccinated. I have mild asthma, so it could have been much, much worse. My wife also didn't LOSE her sense of taste, but it was completely off for a couple of days BEFORE any other symptom. She thought everything tasted awful. Wasted a 200 dollar meal at a seafood place. Oh well.

Hopefully she'll be fine. Only about 1.5% of the antivaxxers are dying but about 25% have some form of Long COVID.

Did she say why she didn't want to be vaccinated?

Due to the politicization of this issue, the CDC expects more people to refuse flu shots and, therefore, more flu related deaths.

Not a medical person, but IIRC, most people who "die of flu" really die of pneumonia from being bedridden by the flu.

Additionally, because of masks and social distancing last year, flu deaths were down. That count will go up again this year as cities ease their restrictions.

If anyone cares, I always update my shots. Already had the COVID series, this year's flu shot and the pneumonia 23. Still need to update tetanus, shingles and pneumonia 13.

https://www.goodrx.com/health-topic...inations-for-pneumonia-what-is-the-difference

She said, and I quote here, "I don't believe in it."

Personally, I think she thinks it is the mark of the beast, that at some point you won't be able to buy or sell anything unless you prove that you have one... That folks without it will be put in camps, etc. Basically, she's a Tribulation believer.

Hello Damocles,

Thanks for sharing, Damo.

I wish her well.

I do not wish ill will to anyone despite their views nor beliefs.

no shit sherlock - this is an anecdotal discussion

really-reheheally.gif

Personally, I think she thinks it is the mark of the beast, that at some point you won't be able to buy or sell anything unless you prove that you have one... That folks without it will be put in camps, etc. Basically, she's a Tribulation believer.

We all have friends/relatives that believe that.

Getting the jab is being marked.

Each to their own.

Personally, I believe God is all knowing and all merciful and gave mankind free will. Therefore God wouldn't let Satan do anything "magical" to anyone.

People are free to choose their path of good or evil with supernatural influence, possession, etc.

Day one of feeling symptoms I was incredibly fatigued and by that night I was having some difficulty breathing (like a bad chest cold). By the next day, I had the worst headache of my life and absolutely no energy. By day three I was just a little tired, and day four completely back to normal. My wife had it way worse, chills, shaking, naseau, vomiting, and ended up severely dehydrated to the point where she needed an IV. Nasty stuff, even when vaccinated. I have mild asthma, so it could have been much, much worse. My wife also didn't LOSE her sense of taste, but it was completely off for a couple of days BEFORE any other symptom. She thought everything tasted awful. Wasted a 200 dollar meal at a seafood place. Oh well.

Not a fun ride I'd wish to repeat. ;)

Back