My struggle to believe

true, we do....by the way, you seem to have forgotten about Osiris......no reply to that post?....

She never will. Rana is a simpleton who pretends to know many things she has absolutely no clue about. When called out on it, she flees the scene. She claims to be open-minded; I think she must have been so open-minded that her brain fell out...

(Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet) true, we do....by the way, you seem to have forgotten about Osiris......no reply to that post?....

She never will. Rana is a simpleton who pretends to know many things she has absolutely no clue about. When called out on it, she flees the scene. She claims to be open-minded; I think she must have been so open-minded that her brain fell out...

Well, I can tell you one thing Rana knows about and that's about looking good. I saw a pic of her. If ol' Osi is good enough for Rana he's good enough for me.

It's spring time here. :D

I believe in God, I believe (s)he is the 'prime mover' for want of a better term. I believe evolutionary theory is correct or damn close to it. I've no problem with believers or non-believers of any hue, as long as they don't wish to annihilate others.

The weight of evidence shows that there is no super natural being. There is no evidence to suggest that there is.
If one 'believes' in a deity it is just that - a 'belief'. A personal idea in which some confidence is placed, the result of man made inputs.

It astounds me that there is still what passes here for debate about this. Surely only the Middle East and America so fervently deny empirical evidence that shows the evolution of all species and the birth of this planet approximately 13.5 billion years ago.
The irony comes when one considers the great scientific progress made by America in the last couple of centuries.

I could've countered her argument so much better than that.

Please do, I am listening. I am reading a book by John Shelby Spong, "Born of Woman".

It is a non supernatural explanation of the life of Jesus and how orthodoxy has high jacked Scripture and the original meanings of the text. Spong is the Episcopal Bishop of Newark, N J. I think I will read his other books as well.

Back