Name three movies you've seen 3-4 times and would like to watch again

My main purpose was to both see what others liked but, mainly, pick up ideas for anything I haven't seen. You are free to add anything you like. :)

Agreed on your picks.

Cool. I'll toss out a couple of smaller comedy movies that I love:

Midnight Run (DeNiro and Grodin buddy movie that never gets old)
Without a Clue (Michael Caine and Ben Kingsley as Holmes and Watson with a twist)

Cool. I'll toss out a couple of smaller comedy movies that I love:

Midnight Run (DeNiro and Grodin buddy movie that never gets old)
Without a Clue (Michael Caine and Ben Kingsley as Holmes and Watson with a twist)

I've seen both, but it's been awhile. Michael Cain is a favorite. Thanks to Trump fucking up the COVID response, I've been able to order from Netflix a bunch of his old movies. Currently "The Ipcress File" is in the mail. As noted above, a favorite is "Harry Brown".

I put "Midnight Run" in que and watched "Without a Clue" last year.

Did you enjoy Blade Runner 2049? ......I liked it well enough the one time I watched it....it does not call me.

One of the best movie soundtracks ever is to the Big Chill. ....That is true, and a lot of people agree....but this movie is magic on so many levels.

I dont know that I ever knew that but I probably did....I was a fanatic about the series, in fact just last week I got done watching the entire thing again. Most of the episodes I have seen over 20 times, the only exceptions are the last year or so, and only because my life got too busy. In my conservative mid west town/city (we could not make up our minds) Mash ran 3-5 times a day for years.

Yes. It was different, but a good addition to the storyline.

Agreed on Big Chill. It struck a lot of Boomers, mostly 60s hippies moving into the 80s Me Decade and their midlife crises.

The MASH series is a classic by itself. The series finale set a record of viewers IIRC.

I watched "Wind River" again this evening. Great movie. There are over half a dozen movies I've watched several times and would watch again.

Saving Private Ryan
Last Samurai
Harry Brown
Return of the Jedi
Aliens
Wind River

Anyone else have a favorite? It's a Wonderful Life? Scrooged?

Whats Wind River?

I've seen both, but it's been awhile. Michael Cain is a favorite. Thanks to Trump fucking up the COVID response, I've been able to order from Netflix a bunch of his old movies. Currently "The Ipcress File" is in the mail. As noted above, a favorite is "Harry Brown".

I put "Midnight Run" in que and watched "Without a Clue" last year.

Okay, I'm flashing to you in one of those commercials where you are attending the 'How to not become your parents' seminar.

'You don't actually need a disc. You can get movies online now'

:laugh:

I watched "Wind River" again this evening. Great movie. There are over half a dozen movies I've watched several times and would watch again.

Saving Private Ryan
Last Samurai
Harry Brown
Return of the Jedi
Aliens
Wind River

Anyone else have a favorite? It's a Wonderful Life? Scrooged?

2001, A Space Odyssey

Godfather I & II

Blade Runner

Shawshank

The last five minutes of that movie still give me chills. I have a T-Shirt with 'Andy and Red's fishing excursions' on it.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying...... you're goddamn right"

Love, love, love that movie.

And for extra credit, a fun piece of fluff that my wife and I just enjoyed and have watched a couple of times:

Knight and Day starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.

Truly just a bit of fluff...but enjoyable as all get-out.

Hello Dutch Uncle,

What a good thread idea. Thanks.

1. The Gods Must Be Crazy
2. The African Queen
3. Love Actually

#3 is a holiday movie. Holidays would not be the same without watching it. It replaced 'It's a Wonderful Life' for me.

Unfortunately, The Gods Must be Crazy isn't available streaming or on Netflix. I both rewatched the African Queen and a short making-of documentary.

My wife and I like holiday movies. My favorite is Scrooged followed by It's a Wonderful Life, her favorite is Love Actually. We watched them all plus a few others including Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

A couple years ago we had a family Christmas party dressing as characters from Christmas Vacation. I went as Cousin Eddie. "The shitter's full!" :)

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Unfortunately, The Gods Must be Crazy isn't available streaming or on Netflix. I both rewatched the African Queen and a short making-of documentary.

My wife and I like holiday movies. My favorite is Scrooged followed by It's a Wonderful Life, her favorite is Love Actually. We watched them all plus a few others including Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

A couple years ago we had a family Christmas party dressing as characters from Christmas Vacation. I went as Cousin Eddie. "The shitter's full!" :)

Musta been a fun party.

So glad for my media collections. I have 'The Gods Must Be Crazy' on DVD.

I don't specifically recall having seen 'Christmas Vacation,' but I'll look for it if I can remember the next time around. Sometimes I see bits and pieces of movies if somebody else is watching one and I come in late, or flipping channels, see an interesting scene, stop flipping. That line sounded familiar, but could be from a preview or partial viewing.

(I'm not big on what I call 'SEU's,' Shoot-'Em-Ups. Liked those when I was younger, adjusted my preferences. I like 'feel-good' movies.)

Let me think of 3 more ...

- a few minutes went by -

1. There's Something About Mary
2. Planes Trains and Automobiles
3. Chocolate

My preferences for movies:

Not drawn to CGI, foul language, violence or seeking vengeance. (That leaves out a lot!) What's left? Much prefer a story about interpersonal relationships, romance, scientific achievement, voyage, trip, historical setting, tragedy, treasure hunt, big legal case, documentary, scifi, etc.

State yours?

Caddyshack
Old School
Shawshank Redemption
Boyz n The Hood
South Central

I don't watch much TV but if I come across those I drop everything and watch.

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Musta been a fun party.

So glad for my media collections. I have 'The Gods Must Be Crazy' on DVD.

I don't specifically recall having seen 'Christmas Vacation,' but I'll look for it if I can remember the next time around. Sometimes I see bits and pieces of movies if somebody else is watching one and I come in late, or flipping channels, see an interesting scene, stop flipping. That line sounded familiar, but could be from a preview or partial viewing.

(I'm not big on what I call 'SEU's,' Shoot-'Em-Ups. Liked those when I was younger, adjusted my preferences. I like 'feel-good' movies.)

Let me think of 3 more ...

- a few minutes went by -

1. There's Something About Mary
2. Planes Trains and Automobiles
3. Chocolate

There is a good movie of gratuitous violence named "Shoot'em Up". :)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465602/

A movie I liked and watched a couple of times was "Last Action Hero". It was Schwarzenegger spooking himself, and action movies in general, but it was fun.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107362/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

My preferences for movies:

Not drawn to CGI, foul language, violence or seeking vengeance. (That leaves out a lot!) What's left? Much prefer a story about interpersonal relationships, romance, scientific achievement, voyage, trip, historical setting, tragedy, treasure hunt, big legal case, documentary, scifi, etc.

State yours?

I like what I like so besides SF, action and war movies, I enjoy comedies, rom coms, period movies, horror, etc. Language and nudity don't bother me, but I can see why it's often gratuitous and not very realistic or important to the story.

Ron White once said "When you've seen one woman naked....you want to see all of them naked..." That said, I can see why more women are balking at onscreen nudity and I can't blame them. It's not that it's wrong, but our culture looks down on nudity and they are responding to that fact.

Caddyshack
Old School
Shawshank Redemption
Boyz n The Hood
South Central

I don't watch much TV but if I come across those I drop everything and watch.

So, isn't it strange that when you come across a movie you love you'll start to watch it, but chances are you probably have access to that movie to watch any time you want. It's an odd phenomenon.

The Patriot
Highlander
The Bourne Trilogy (first one was the best)

(not in any particular order)

Oh, and Enemy At The Gates
Can't forget that one. Too bad they changed the ending from the actual "shot."

Back