Name three movies you've seen 3-4 times and would like to watch again

So, isn't it strange that when you come across a movie you love you'll start to watch it, but chances are you probably have access to that movie to watch any time you want. It's an odd phenomenon.

Yep. I couldn't tell you the last time I sat down and said "I'm going to watch this (any) movie". But like you said, if you happen to be combing through the menu button to see what's on and I come across one of those I'll watch.

Blow Up, Mean Streets, and nearly any Marx Brothers movie

Sounds contrarian, but most of the films noted above already have over exposure, often recycled via various vehicles, I picked ones I would take an effort to see again

Blow Up, Mean Streets, and nearly any Marx Brothers movie

Sounds contrarian, but most of the films noted above already have over exposure, often recycled via various vehicles, I picked ones I would take an effort to see again

Some are overrated or derivative, but most are still fun.

We could do an entire thread on remakes: Which version is better?

A Christmas Carol seems to be the most commonly remade movie (the book is better!). My favorite version is "Scrooged" but a close second is the 1938 version: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029992/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_8

(1) Inherit The Wind.
(2) In the Heat Of The Night
(3) Gladiator.

Any Shakespeare especially Hamlet and Merchant Of Venice.

Casablanca, The Big Lebowski, Blazing Saddles

All good picks but the Big Lebowski is definitely at the top of a lot of lists...or should be.

My favorite scene:

4wuhgl.gif

Cracks me up every time I see it. :laugh:

All good picks but the Big Lebowski is definitely at the top of a lot of lists...or should be.

My favorite scene:

4wuhgl.gif

Cracks me up every time I see it. :laugh:

there is not but maybe 1 minute of that movie I am not howling.....all 3 of the major characters are dead solid perfect and all 3 should have gotten Oscars- Bridges as Lebowski, Goodman as obsessed Vietnam war vet Sobchak, and Buscemi as the clueless affable Donny.

There was a rumor that Donny was not really there, that he was just a figment of the Goodman character, maybe a buddy he lost in Vietnam.....because Lebowski so rarely talks to him or replies to him directly....

movies that I have watch over and over again , treasure of the sierra madre, with bogart

death hunt ,Charles Bronson

Bram stokers Dracula
the edge
both with Anthony Hopkins

those would be my favorites

movies that I have watch over and over again , treasure of the sierra madre, with bogart

death hunt ,Charles Bronson

Bram stokers Dracula
the edge
both with Anthony Hopkins

those would be my favorites

almost anything by bogart could be considered. he might have been the best actor ever.

My preferences for movies:

Not drawn to CGI, foul language, violence or seeking vengeance. (That leaves out a lot!) What's left? Much prefer a story about interpersonal relationships, romance, scientific achievement, voyage, trip, historical setting, tragedy, treasure hunt, big legal case, documentary, scifi, etc.

State yours?

Oh!

Poli, you reminded me of another favorite:

Pulp Fiction.

I suspect you would not like it, Poli. Don't even give it a try .

Hello Dutch Uncle,

I like what I like so besides SF, action and war movies, I enjoy comedies, rom coms, period movies, horror, etc. Language and nudity don't bother me, but I can see why it's often gratuitous and not very realistic or important to the story.

Ron White once said "When you've seen one woman naked....you want to see all of them naked..." That said, I can see why more women are balking at onscreen nudity and I can't blame them. It's not that it's wrong, but our culture looks down on nudity and they are responding to that fact.

That is messed up. Nothing wrong with nudity, but we can't have that. Violence is wrong, but we are drawn to it.

Hello Dutch Uncle,

That is messed up. Nothing wrong with nudity, but we can't have that. Violence is wrong, but we are drawn to it.

Have you ever read Desmond Morris's "The Naked Ape"? He looked at humans from a zoologist's eye....and the mind of 1950s English white male. The book is more about observations than scientific studies which is why it takes a deserved beating in that regard in the article linked below, but he also rightly laid out insights into human behavior.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-50-desmond-morris-four-experts-assess-impact
We were all gearing up for the summer of love when, in 1967, Desmond Morris’s The Naked Ape took us by storm. Its pitch was that humans really were just apes, and much of our behaviour could be understood in terms of animal behaviour and its evolution. Yes, we were naked and bipedal, but beneath the veneer of culture lurked an ancestral avatar....

...His consistent failure to understand the impact of patriarchy and female repression bordered on the bizarre.

I watched "Wind River" again this evening. Great movie. There are over half a dozen movies I've watched several times and would watch again.

Saving Private Ryan
Last Samurai
Harry Brown
Return of the Jedi
Aliens
Wind River

Anyone else have a favorite? It's a Wonderful Life? Scrooged?

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Any of the Star Trek movies

Hello Frank,

Oh!

Poli, you reminded me of another favorite:

Pulp Fiction.

I suspect you would not like it, Poli. Don't even give it a try .

I actually did watch it back when it was newer, out of curiosity, and you're right. I would not see it again. Flicks like that are the kind that had me wondering if I should use more discretion. Another one for the dustbin: Fargo. I could probably list many popular flicks I would not see again. Deliverance.

How about more I would definitely watch numerous times?

1. The Treasure Of The Seirra Madre
2. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
3. Overboard

Last edited:
Hello Dutch Uncle,

What a good thread idea. Thanks.

1. The Gods Must Be Crazy
2. The African Queen
3. Love Actually

#3 is a holiday movie. Holidays would not be the same without watching it. It replaced 'It's a Wonderful Life' for me.
I love The Gods Must Be Crazy both 1 & 2

Every Mel Brooks Movie
Second Hand Lion
West Side Story

Back