Name three movies you've seen 3-4 times and would like to watch again

So, isn't it strange that when you come across a movie you love you'll start to watch it, but chances are you probably have access to that movie to watch any time you want. It's an odd phenomenon.

Sometimes, for me, it's a mood thing. Sometimes I'll simply watch or put on a movie I've seen before as entertainment that I don't have to focus upon; it can run and if I miss a part it doesn't matter because I've seen it. It's still fun to watch if it's a good movie.

The Last Crusade is my favorite Indiana Jones movie. I've only seen Avatar once, but have it and will put it in que.

Saw it three times at the theater and countless times since. They keep postponing the release of the sequels. By the time they do release the next one, a whole new generation will have come up. lol

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Have you ever read Desmond Morris's "The Naked Ape"? He looked at humans from a zoologist's eye....and the mind of 1950s English white male. The book is more about observations than scientific studies which is why it takes a deserved beating in that regard in the article linked below, but he also rightly laid out insights into human behavior.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-50-desmond-morris-four-experts-assess-impact
We were all gearing up for the summer of love when, in 1967, Desmond Morris’s The Naked Ape took us by storm. Its pitch was that humans really were just apes, and much of our behaviour could be understood in terms of animal behaviour and its evolution. Yes, we were naked and bipedal, but beneath the veneer of culture lurked an ancestral avatar....

...His consistent failure to understand the impact of patriarchy and female repression bordered on the bizarre.

No, but I'll put it on the list, thx.

Hello Dutch Uncle,

No, but I'll put it on the list, thx.

It's dated with some archaic views about the evolutionary relationship between men and women, but it still provides some insight to ourselves and, IMO, help explains soccer stampedes and the Capitol Riot.

I watched "Wind River" again this evening. Great movie. There are over half a dozen movies I've watched several times and would watch again.

Saving Private Ryan
Last Samurai
Harry Brown
Return of the Jedi
Aliens
Wind River

Anyone else have a favorite? It's a Wonderful Life? Scrooged?

Outside of classic trilogies/franchises, such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future, 007, Dark Knight, and the MCU...

A Night at the Opera (or any Marx Bros movie)
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Mark of Zorro
The Maltese Falcon
Laura
Hulot's Holiday (or any Jacques Tati)
Prince Valiant
The Quiet Man
Vertigo
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe?
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Patton
Murder By Death
Spaceballs
Shipwrecked
The Sandlot
Jurassic Park
A Few Good Men
The Shawshank Redemption
Gattaca
The Matrix
Gladiator
The Emperor's Club
Sideways
Watchmen
Interstellar
Deadpool

Last edited:
Here's something you probably will never ever watch again. But it's apropos for the political climate we have today.

2Q27aF1.jpg

I placed The Sandlot on my list, but, there's a number of baseball movies that I have watched repeatedly, to include:

61*
Little Big League
For Love of the Game
The Rookie
Moneyball

Here's something you probably will never ever watch again. But it's apropos for the political climate we have today.

2Q27aF1.jpg

I love a good horror movie. My wife hates them, so it's just me, the dog and a bag of popcorn.....although I do occasionally like pan popped corn with peanut oil. Delicatessen is on Prime.

FWIW, I turn 65 next month. Both my wife and mother asked me what I wanted so I put a Yamaha soundbar with subwoofer on my Amazon gift list. I have a little sound bar now, but wanted something with more bass. My high freq hearing is shot after 40 years of turbine engines and whining pilots/flight attendants. In some ways it's a blessing since I don't have to listen to the whining of grandchildren. My lower freq hearing is fine. I often hear a truck drive up to our property (UPS, Amazon, Walmart) and doors close before anyone else knows they're here.

When my wife takes her sister to the doctor or to visit relatives, I crank up the volume on my current soundbar and listen to Spotify rock'n'roll. Having a subwoofer would help when listening to In a gadda da vida, Deep Purple and other hard rock. It would also help with movies to give a fuller sound.

Last edited:
Outside of classic trilogies/franchises, such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future, 007, Dark Knight, and the MCU...

A Night at the Opera (or any Marx Bros movie)
The Adventures of Robin Hood
Mark of Zorro
The Maltese Falcon
Laura
Hulot's Holiday (or any Jacques Tati)
Prince Valiant
The Quiet Man
Vertigo
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolfe?
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Patton
Murder By Death
Spaceballs
Shipwrecked
The Sandlot
Jurassic Park
A Few Good Men
The Shawshank Redemption
Gattaca
The Matrix
Gladiator
The Emperor's Club
Sideways
Watchmen
Interstellar
Deadpool

Good list with three I haven't seen. Unfortunately, Shipwrecked isn't available on Netflix or Prime. I'll check the local library.

Can we all agree that Quentin Tarantino makes awesome movies?

I rewatched Django a couple of weeks ago and have seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood twice.

I wasn't a huge fan of anything I'd seen prior to 2009. Then he made Inglourious Basterds (which I forgot to place on my list), and liked both of those movies.

Back