Need advice of a moral and legal nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that revenge is part of this; because I posted the following:

And the response was:

Without addressing the other points I brought up.

I think Rune is really pissed off and scared.
He's scared that his son is going to be in big trouble and he's scared; because of his comment regarding alcoholism.
When people get scared, sometimes the lash out at the people that are the easiet to blame; ie: the shop owner.

He could have walked into the store, asked to talk to the owner, handed the owner a picture of his son, told the owner that he thinks his son has been buying alcohol and could use his help, by posting the picture so the clerks could pay extra attention.
No accusation of the owner and probably solving the problem.

Sure he is!
I would be too but the man at the store isn't the problem. There are other stores and other men who will sell his son anything he wants. The boy is eighteen. I was in combat when I was eighteen so I tend to think of the "boy" as a man....his dad needs to realize he is dealing with a troubled man. Help him find a way to deal with his troubles and if you can't, try to find someone who can....but don't make too big a deal out of it. Young men sometimes get drunk, that's just a fact of life. Making too big a deal out of it can make things worse.

He's scared that his son is going to be in big trouble and he's scared; because of his comment regarding alcoholism.
When people get scared, sometimes the lash out at the people that are the easiet to blame; ie: the shop owner.

He could have walked into the store, asked to talk to the owner, handed the owner a picture of his son, told the owner that he thinks his son has been buying alcohol and could use his help, by posting the picture so the clerks could pay extra attention.

1. I did not acuse the owner. I stated the fact that my underage son had purchased alcohol there.
2. They don't need his picture, they need to check I.D.s
3. Underage drinking and drinking in general can and do have devastating effects. Who is responsible when an innocent is killed by a drunken teenager?
The teenager who society has deemed too young to hold his liquor or the store society has commanded not to sell alcohol to underage drinkers, under threat of loss of license? Your assumption that this is a one time incident is untrue. He has purchased alcohol there before, at least 3 times. This is a pattern of negligence.

I believe that revenge is part of this; because I posted the following:

And the response was:

Without addressing the other points I brought up.

OMG yes...what trouble Rune's son might be in...

Why...he might even face...

...pause for dramatic effect...

a MONETARY FINE!

And...GOD hep him...

COMMUNITY SERVICE!

Yep...that's some bigtime trouble!

OMG yes...what trouble Rune's son might be in...

Why...he might even face...

...pause for dramatic effect...

a MONETARY FINE!

And...GOD hep him...

COMMUNITY SERVICE!

Yep...that's some bigtime trouble!

Yes, a criminal record is something every 18yo needs.

lol....yeah, that's the way I look at it!

i guess you could. i never use ignore except for prolific trolls. ignore is for wimps.

that is why it cracks me up that dune - reads my posts - responds to my posts - but does not quote my posts.... because he is playing the ignore game, which he claims = i bested him.

he thinks it bothers me....it doesn't...i actually think less of him for it. the guy is nothing but a chicken shit alcoholic.

he doesn't even realize he did in fact accuse the owner of a crime. i mean how dumb is that?

1. I did not acuse the owner. I stated the fact that my underage son had purchased alcohol there.
2. They don't need his picture, they need to check I.D.s
3. Underage drinking and drinking in general can and do have devastating effects. Who is responsible when an innocent is killed by a drunken teenager?
The teenager who society has deemed too young to hold his liquor or the store society has commanded not to sell alcohol to underage drinkers, under threat of loss of license? Your assumption that this is a one time incident is untrue. He has purchased alcohol there before, at least 3 times. This is a pattern of negligence.

You still are avoiding the obvious:
1 - Your "statement" was an accusation.
2 - And if he decides to get a false ID, or a buddy at the store does him a "favor".
3 - While you mention a pattern of negligence, you seem to be avoiding a pattern of alcohol abuse.

I'm beginning to believe that you were never interested in "what to do"; but instead just wanted to see if you could a "moral" way to dump on the store and at the same time keep your son from facing the resposibility of his actions.

Go ahead and "punish" the store owner; but you better get ready to report a lot of other stores, because he's going to just find another one.
You made this sound like it was a first time situation; but all of a sudden, we have a pattern of alcohol abuse.

Your son told the truth. If you go too far, your son will learn that telling you the truth nets an entirely negative reaction, but then he is already 18 and needs to face up to what he has done...

I'm not sure what I would do in your place. Good luck, man.

other than beer, I think vodka is the first stuff kids try in terms of hard liquor. It's what I tried first. I think the reason is, it's one of the most well known, so newbies go to it by default.

as I recall, it was because your mom can't smell it on your breath....

Are you saying that every person who's ever taken a drink of hard liquor first drank beer?

So I guess either USF has me on ignore, which proves he really is too chickenshit to answer; or he's just ignoring me because he knows answering my question would only serve to further highlight his stupidity...

Could someone ELSE ask USF if he believes that every person who's ever taken a drink of hard liquor first drank beer.

I understand he's probably is still mad at me for getting his mommy banned, but maybe he'll have the backbone necessary to respond to someone else.

So I guess either USF has me on ignore, which proves he really is too chickenshit to answer; or he's just ignoring me because he knows answering my question would only serve to further highlight his stupidity...

Could someone ELSE ask USF if he believes that every person who's ever taken a drink of hard liquor first drank beer.

I understand he's probably is still mad at me for getting his mommy banned, but maybe he'll have the backbone necessary to respond to someone else.

He just drops big smelly turds and then splits when it's time to clean. A regular Karl Rove only without the brains.

He just drops big smelly turds and then splits when it's time to clean. A regular Karl Rove only without the brains.

At least I know enough to not enable the negative behavior of children and to try and make someone else responsible for their behavior.

I hope you remember this, the first time you get that call from your local Police; but from your recent behavior, you'll just place the blame on anyone else available.

Hopefully your son won't have injured or killed someone who is truly innocent; prior to that call.

Have you noticed how the "quality" of his comebacks has declined since his mommy got banned?

She isn't here to feed him the real crushing comebacks, so now he just spends his days hiding in the shadows like the cockroach he is.

Or maybe he finally matured and ignored someone who he cannot, for whatever reason, have a civil conversation with. If that's the case then I applaud him. Stop ruining threads with petty bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back