Need advice of a moral and legal nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But yet he found it necessary to try and use alcohol to solve a problem that he didn't feel he could talk to you about instead.
I'm not trying to bust your balls.
Kids are going to do what kids are going to do, no matter how good the parents are; but to create a situation where it could cost someone their job and your kid to not face the music also, is wrong.
Now; if you can prove that this store has a long history of doing this, then it's another matter.
But until then; this appears to be an isolated incident and there's no reason to make it a federal one.

No, I am pretty sure that he walked in the front door carrying a jug, knowing full well tha I would see it, as an attempt to express how upset he was.
The guy who sells booze to kids doesn't deserve a job.
Where do you get the idea that my son isn't facing the music?

Post exactlly what you said to him.

I told him my 18 year old son had bought a bottle of vodka from his store. Before I went to the counter I found the shelf, confirmed they had the same type, brand, size, price tag in same location, same price. This is the only liquor store even remotely within walking distance.

No, I am pretty sure that he walked in the front door carrying a jug, knowing full well tha I would see it, as an attempt to express how upset he was.
The guy who sells booze to kids doesn't deserve a job.
Where do you get the idea that my son isn't facing the music?

Gee, let me think.
You've already made a call to report this sale.
You don't want your kid to get into trouble with the law.
Ergo: You seem to want the law to hold the owner responsible and for your son to get a pass.

I guess your son is above the law; because he's your son and is therefore special, when it comes to how the law is applied.
I didn't know you were related to the Kennedys. :palm:

Gee, let me think.
You've already made a call to report this sale.
You don't want your kid to get into trouble with the law.
Ergo: You seem to want the law to hold the owner responsible and for your son to get a pass.

I guess your son is above the law; because he's your son and is therefore special, when it comes to how the law is applied.
I didn't know you were related to the Kennedys. :palm:

Again, how is it you think my son gets a pass?

I told him my 18 year old son had bought a bottle of vodka from his store. Before I went to the counter I found the shelf, confirmed they had the same type, brand, size, price tag in same location, same price. This is the only liquor store even remotely within walking distance.

You left off the last part of my quote:
After such a damning statement, what did you expect him to say.
You've already accused him of a crime.

Usually when someone does this, it's because of several reasons:
1. They didn't find it to be part of the conversation
2. They just wanted to avoid it; because answering makes them uncomfortable
3. They have an agenda and supplying an answer doesn't help their agenda
4. They're trying to build a strawman

He probably left it off because he'd already said that his son walked in the house carrying the bottle, he didn't need to accuse his son of anything and therefore it was totally irrelevant to the discussion.

Are you going to let him face the legal consequence of buying, being in possession of, comsumption of, and/or being under the influence of alcohol?

I don't see anyway I can prevent it at this point, short of going back in time and unmaking my phone call, or lying, neither of which in in my nature.

Are you saying that every person who's ever taken a drink of hard liquor first drank beer?

Once again USF shows his double standard.

He can ask all the question he likes, and by GOD he expects some answers.

But ask him an inconvenient question and he's allowed to duck it..

I didn't edit your post, you must have added that after I quoted it.

I don't see anyway I can prevent it at this point, short of going back in time and unmaking my phone call, or lying, neither of which in in my nature.

You can decline to persue this, unless you've already gave them the name of the store; which would have been wrong, at this point, because you may have just created a situation that can't be stopped and your son may also be facing prosecution.

You can decline to persue this, unless you've already gave them the name of the store; which would have been wrong, at this point, because you may have just created a situation that can't be stopped and your son may also be facing prosecution.

1. I am not sure if I named the store or not but I don't think so.
2. There is no way I can decline to pursue this. Acohol and minors are all too often a fatal combination.

I didn't edit your post, you must have added that after I quoted it.

I made my post at 2:28
Post exactlly what you said to him; because below is what you said you did:

After such a damning statement, what did you expect him to say.
You've already accused him of a crime.

You responded at 2:34

You can go back see that there has been editting of my post.
This is just squabbling.
Why not answer the question now?
"After such a damning statement, what did you expect him to say.
You've already accused him of a crime."

But yet he found it necessary to try and use alcohol to solve a problem that he didn't feel he could talk to you about instead.
I'm not trying to bust your balls.
Kids are going to do what kids are going to do, no matter how good the parents are; but to create a situation where it could cost someone their job and your kid to not face the music also, is wrong.
Now; if you can prove that this store has a long history of doing this, then it's another matter.
But until then; this appears to be an isolated incident and there's no reason to make it a federal one.

The store should've known the risks it was taking when it decided to sale to a minor. I personally wouldn't actively bring them down, especially since the kid is over 18 anyway. But I'm not going to cry my eyes out if they go out of business because of their decision.

The store should've known the risks it was taking when it decided to sale to a minor. I personally wouldn't actively bring them down, especially since the kid is over 18 anyway. But I'm not going to cry my eyes out if they go out of business because of their decision.

Then you would have no problem with his kid facing legal consequences either?
How do we know who the cashier was? Could it have been a friend of the kid and has done this before, without the owners knowledge.
If he owner has done all that he can, except stand behind every employee 24/7, then why should he lose so much?

This is just squabbling.

I don't understand how that happened, bu immaterial. I expected him to be polite, not hostile. I didn't acuse him of anything, I stated a fact, and plainly at that.

I don't understand how that happened, bu immaterial. I expected him to be polite, not hostile. I didn't acuse him of anything, I stated a fact, and plainly at that.

you did accuse him of a crime. you accused him of selling alcohol to your minor son.

why are you so stupid?

This is just squabbling.

so that is why the guy should be a dick to dune troll?

Then you would have no problem with his kid facing legal consequences either?
How do we know who the cashier was? Could it have been a friend of the kid and has done this before, without the owners knowledge.
If he owner has done all that he can, except stand behind every employee 24/7, then why should he lose so much?

He hasn't done all he could. For example, he could have taken an interest in what I had to say, rather than pissing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back