Need more banks

And...

I'm sorry about your back, usc. Hope the pain goes away very soon.

What am I 'chopped liver'...just because I am of the Conservative ilk...my actual pain must continue..???...How very sad the Liberals only wish pain to be removed from those who think alike...this is the diff between Libs and Conservatives...'I and we' wish relief for all....need I say more...probably not...lol

USC... as a broker I can suggest a few things to keep in mind....

1) CD rates suck right now... when you counter for inflation most will be making you about 2% per year. Bad route to take.

2) Investing with a brokerage firm can allow you investments into commercial real estate, Municipal bonds (you can get AAA bonds if you wish to stay insured).

3) If you want to invest the money in the market, but are worried about a downturn (which at this time you should be)... you can still invest into the market but put insurance on it via an annuity. These allow you to maintain control of your assets, you have downside protection, you get full upside potential of the market and you can essentially set up a private pension plan that you can never outlive without having to annuitize. The downside of annuities, like CDs and AAA munis is that you are paying more to have the insurance.

So it comes down to each individuals personal preferences of risk tolerance and expected rate of return.

Feel free to U2U me if you have more questions that you would like answered, or simply add to this thread.

US...

One last thought, if you have not yet sold the second part of your property, you can always do a 1031 exchange into an income producing property... this allows you to keep from paying cap gains on your sale and yet still produce an income stream.

What am I 'chopped liver'...just because I am of the Conservative ilk...my actual pain must continue..???...How very sad the Liberals only wish pain to be removed from those who think alike...this is the diff between Libs and Conservatives...'I and we' wish relief for all....need I say more...probably not...lol

Listen Borne, put the bottle down and try and think clearly. How in hell would I know you are in pain? That message you wrote to usc, which I just re-read, didn't sound like you were saying you were in pain, it sounded like you were telling him to suck it up about his pain. Maybe if you were less incoherent, I would have gotten it. I can't spend hours trying to decipher your posts. Next time you are looking for attention, just say, Darla, I'm in pain can you say something nice to me?

I am sorry that you are in pain also, and I hope it gets better for you soon.

Never...

Pain is nature's way of telling you, "Slow down! Fool!"

My papa always said ...'no pain no gain'...it has always worked for me...I just call em' like I see em'..no Bs in my family...sorry damo...but if I slowed down I would be in the proverbial grave...I am not quite ready...I have alot to do to put and keep my kids on track...I am a 'romantic' in this sense..albeit according to some I am wrong..but I think not...Time will prove me wrong or right...what say you???

My papa always said ...'no pain no gain'...it has always worked for me...I just call em' like I see em'..no Bs in my family...sorry damo...but if I slowed down I would be in the proverbial grave...I am not quite ready...I have alot to do to put and keep my kids on track...I am a 'romantic' in this sense..albeit according to some I am wrong..but I think not...Time will prove me wrong or right...what say you???

Are you actually asking Damo if you're romantic?

Well, I'd like to get a look at the PM"s that have been going back and forth between you two!

and need 'Thai sticks' to ease the pain..along with alot of other stuff..how sad..how truly sad...Sgt...! I live with pain all day long 24/7 but don't go this route...! Suck it up Sgt>>>!
What an ASS! I read you ripping thread below before this one.
Kiss my old ass! I have a degenerative spinal condition. Have had constant pain for over 8 years. Right now you compassionate asshole I am recovering ( ?) from injuring an already bad spot. 3 rd day of absolute minimum movement. Umm I guess you don't know you can mount a monitor from the wall and have a swing out keyboard so I can work while bedfast. And yes I am working covering a projects progress and holding conference calls, etc.

And if you think a little bit it says something that I have those conveniences already in place.

So Yep I am on pain pills and damned proud of it Major minor. I keep on walkin my talk with them. for how long ? I dunno.

I could get disabillity, but would not feel right taking it, when I can still work.
Besides who can live on that. I could but would not like to.

What is you excuse for being cold and mean ?

PS, any Thai Stick you send me is non returnable :rolleyes:

Darla, Thanks Lady :)

Enjoy. But there is no need to avoid aspirin because you are "romantic".

Cowboy up, fine. But even Lane Frost would take a pain killer or two.

No hun...

Listen Borne, put the bottle down and try and think clearly. How in hell would I know you are in pain? That message you wrote to usc, which I just re-read, didn't sound like you were saying you were in pain, it sounded like you were telling him to suck it up about his pain. Maybe if you were less incoherent, I would have gotten it. I can't spend hours trying to decipher your posts. Next time you are looking for attention, just say, Darla, I'm in pain can you say something nice to me?

I am sorry that you are in pain also, and I hope it gets better for you soon.

Ya truly missed the point..being that I was a 'squad leader' back in the day..it was for USC to decifer..I move forward... taking pain as a just course...USC is confused with all this banter of 'Poor Me' I am a vet with a 20% disability...I live with it daily...do I blame anyone.."NO" I live with it and 'Move On' This is the way I was raised...but a kiss and hug would be cool...! 'Gimme a Kiss won't ya hun' sorry I just could not resist a song leric...forgive this old fart!:D

Last edited:
What an ASS! I read you ripping thread below before this one.
Kiss my old ass! I have a degenerative spinal condition. Have had constant pain for over 8 years. Right now you compassionate asshole I am recovering ( ?) from injuring an already bad spot. 3 rd day of absolute minimum movement. Umm I guess you don't know you can mount a monitor from the wall and have a swing out keyboard so I can work while bedfast. And yes I am working covering a projects progress and holding conference calls, etc.

And if you think a little bit it says something that I have those conveniences already in place.

So Yep I am on pain pills and damned proud of it Major minor. I keep on walkin my talk with them. for how long ? I dunno.

I could get disabillity, but would not feel right taking it, when I can still work.
Besides who can live on that. I could but would not like to.

What is you excuse for being cold and mean ?

PS, any Thai Stick you send me is non returnable :rolleyes:

Darla, Thanks Lady :)

Well, I see that usc read your post the same way I originally read it. So maybe I'm not crazy after all.

You're welcome usc, I am sorry to hear about this, I thought it was a temporary thing. :(

Ya truly missed the point..being that I was a 'squad leader' back in the day..it was for USC to decifer..I move forward... taking pain as a just course...USC is confused with all this banter of 'Poor Me' I am a vet with a 20% disability...I live with it daily...do I blame anyone.."NO" I live with it and 'Move On' Tjis is the way I was raised...but a kiss and hug would be cool...! 'Gimme a Kiss won't ya hun' sorry I just could not resist a song leric...forgive this old fart!:D

You don't have what he has. You should never, ever, judge the pain someone else is in, and try and tell them what they shoudl or should not take. You sound like Tom Cruise, that insufferable ass.

US...

One last thought, if you have not yet sold the second part of your property, you can always do a 1031 exchange into an income producing property... this allows you to keep from paying cap gains on your sale and yet still produce an income stream.

:clink:

Thanks A LOT for that tip SF. I do appreciate it and will check into it. That sounds like something I might be interested in.

Pain is nature's way of telling you, "Slow down! Fool!"

Ya got that right !

was not a fast thing, it was a lifted in a stupid manner thing.
This one looks to be about a 2 months downtime at least.....crap....

Don't fret though, I am well fed and cared for by my companions.
:cool:

Wrong...

You don't have what he has. You should never, ever, judge the pain someone else is in, and try and tell them what they shoudl or should not take. You sound like Tom Cruise, that insufferable ass.

While in the hospital for a injury while at work..it was found that I also have a degenerative spinal disk disease..not related to VN...but I live with it also..thats life babe...I do not ask for your sympathy...nor do I feel USC gets a pass...I was addresing his constant belitteling of VN vets problems...as if he was the only one with problemos..give it a rest won't ya hun???:pke:

While in the hospital for a injury while at work..it was found that I also have a degenerative spinal disk disease..not related to VN...but I live with it also..thats life babe...I do not ask for your sympathy...nor do I feel USC gets a pass...I was addresing his constant belitteling of VN vets problems...as if he was the only one with problemos..give it a rest won't ya hun???:pke:

No, you were addressing his being on pain killers, and telling him to stop taking them, and "suck it up". Be a man, don't take pain killers. That is so stupid. And the fact remains you have no idea what kind of pain he is in, nor is it any of your business what he does about it. Why on earth would anyone choose to live in pain, when your doctor can prescribe you something for it? That sounds pretty empty-headed to me, a real moron would do that.

When has he ever belittled Vietnam Vets? That's BS.

Well, I see that usc read your post the same way I originally read it. So maybe I'm not crazy after all.

You're welcome usc, I am sorry to hear about this, I thought it was a temporary thing. :(

Nope about 9 years now.. Thinking back it is probably why I became a politics board junkie :shock:
Too much chair time recovering from episodes I suppose . Hey an electric powered recliner with a swingout keyboard tray is sure handy

Thanks again Darla, you are a lady.

But which is worse Hydrocodone addiction or polchat boards ?

"Thanks A LOT for that tip SF. I do appreciate it and will check into it. That sounds like something I might be interested in."

No problem. Typically if you do not want to manage the property yourself, you can get between 6-7% income off a commercial property TIC without having to do anything. Depending on the individual property you could see anywhere from 30% to 100% deference on the income taxes due to depreciation abilities on the property. There are also firms that will allow you to continue to roll into new properties should the value of your property increase and be determined a good sell opportunity. Once again the cap gains taxes would be deferred.

It is a great way to preserve principal, get income, defer cap gains and depending on the value of your estate and what mischief the politicians create, you may even be able to pass the properties on to your bene's with a step up in value.

So now I am picking on vets ? puzzlement........
Or picking on someone in spite of their being a vet, for other well deserved reasons ? I have even trolled a bit in the past and I don't recall picking on a vet. Now I have called a spade a spade and ran down the few that rape and murder civilians and such in war. Those few deserve no respect.

Back