no perfume zone

Your attempt to sound like some sort of OSHA hack was pitifully amusing.

I like being evasive, since it causes assholes to self-identify themselves by making dumb assumptions.

I am not an OSHA hack. I am a safety director for one of the largest utility contractors in the world.

I make assumptions based on the information at hand. That you somehow think this labels me as an asshole because of your evasiveness is simply a sign of your own mentality.

But you keep showing your co-workers where you are by your smell. I am sure they appreciate it. lol

Safety Director = OSHA Hack and someone who doesn't do real work.

No, someone who does real work and someone who worked their way up.

I spent my days on the construction sites and climbing the poles. I earned my way up. And I still spend a good bit of time in the field.

The idea that the only ones who work are the ones swinging a shovel is an idea put out by the guys with shovels. Its called nonsense.

I am the one who makes sure idiots are not allowed to hurt themselves on the job. I am the one who makes sure the hazards are seen and dealt with. I am the one who makes sure the company does not go bankrupt by paying huge sums in liability and injury cases.

Its got nothing to do with "hack", it has to do with taking care of your people.

Your comment about the "real work" was typical.

In order to make a better living, you get promoted. You hone your skills and get better at one area or another.

If you have a choice between a job that allows you to work regardless of the weather, and pays you better, would you choose to remain a laborer?

I choose to get the job done, regardless of a little rain or bad weather. That's what men do. And we don't wear perfume either.

I choose to get the job done, regardless of a little rain or bad weather. That's what men do. And we don't wear perfume either.

But if its raining your co-workers won't be able to smell you and could walk into your power tools!

There are plenty of areas of construction that can work in the rain. And there are plenty that cannot.

I work in one that cannot. So if you tried to play that macho crap on my jobsite, you would find yourself unemployed. I choose to make sure the job gets done RIGHT and that no one gets hurting doing it. THAT is what men do. Whether they were cologne or not is up to them.

Safety Director = OSHA Hack and someone who doesn't do real work.

Is there a safety program where you work, SM? Ever have people injured on your jobs? Ever been injured yourself?

Have you ever seen the medical bills from even a relatively minor injury?

But if its raining your co-workers won't be able to smell you and could walk into your power tools!

There are plenty of areas of construction that can work in the rain. And there are plenty that cannot.

I work in one that cannot. So if you tried to play that macho crap on my jobsite, you would find yourself unemployed. I choose to make sure the job gets done RIGHT and that no one gets hurting doing it. THAT is what men do. Whether they were cologne or not is up to them.
I usually gave the job of safety guy to someone who couldn't carry his weight doing the profit making tasks, liked to make a pain of himself and fill out forms.

If he had just worn perfume so that guy would have smelled him and not thrown that brick over his shoulder....

I usually gave the job of safety guy to someone who couldn't carry his weight doing the profit making tasks, liked to make a pain of himself and fill out forms.

oh, so you got to decide who filled out the forms and gave it to someone who couldn't pull their weight?

Good luck at that. And keep your first aid kit stocked & handy.

Back