Obama - Putin Meeting

That's a great message Cawacko. Hope he sees it. Maybe he has seen you trying to talk to him, but he's moved on and doesn't want to slum with the likes of you and me anymore. :(

Yeah, I always had the 'we should enjoy him while we have him' type feeling with Ornot because he had the talent to shine on internet political boards levels above where commoners such as you and I toil.

What's everyone's take on Obama cancelling this meeting?

For those from the old Rate Bush Board on AOL who remember Ornot Bitwise I see him posting every now and then on the sfgate website comments section (San Francisco Chronicle's website). I always liked that guy. For those who don't know him he was a real smart dude and a progressive.

Anyhow I saw Ornot in the comment section of this article. While generally an Obama supporter he wasn't with him on this issue.

Ornot

This is a wretched mistake. Even if you think Snowden should be prosecuted I just can't imagine how his case could be important enough to derail something this important.

Pugnacious nationalist posturing is *never* a good idea. It's not a good idea when the Russians do it -- and they do it often -- and it's not a good idea when we do it. I thought we were supposed to be the adults at this party!

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics...utin-summit-amid-Snowden-tensions-4713914.php

hes wrong

we are still the world leader even if you guys don't want us to be because a black man is at the helm.

Putin needed a little slapping around if you ask me.

we are still the world leader even if you guys don't want us to be because a black man is at the helm.

Putin needed a little slapping around if you ask me.

Man, this (politics) is just so funny. I don't mean to pick on Desh specifically because many Republicans, myself included, do this exact same thing and that's I support my person and what he does when he is in power and don't support the other person doing the exact same thing.

How many times have we heard those on the right chanting U.S.A. #1! U.S.A. #1! U.S.A. #1! followed by calls from the left of them being jingoistic and then on this board ken will post a cartoon showing how many categories the U.S. is not number one in with many liberals agreeing.

Now we have a Democrat saying the U.S. is number one and claiming those on the right don't believe so. Truth again is better than fiction.

I don't think the not meeting is a big deal in the long run. Gives us a way to express disapproval re Snowden without launching missiles. As I said earlier, Kerry and others are still meeting and talking with their Russian counterparts.

Man, this (politics) is just so funny. I don't mean to pick on Desh specifically because many Republicans, myself included, do this exact same thing and that's I support my person and what he does when he is in power and don't support the other person doing the exact same thing.

How many times have we heard those on the right chanting U.S.A. #1! U.S.A. #1! U.S.A. #1! followed by calls from the left of them being jingoistic and then on this board ken will post a cartoon showing how many categories the U.S. is not number one in with many liberals agreeing.

Now we have a Democrat saying the U.S. is number one and claiming those on the right don't believe so. Truth again is better than fiction.

maybe you better take a look at our numbers

Back