One world ... One world

The dogs of war don't negotiate
The dogs of war won't capitulate,
They will take and you will give,
And you must die so that they may live
You can knock at any door,
But wherever you go, you know they've been there before
Well winners can lose and things can get strained
But whatever you change, you know the dogs remain.

What he said was spin, he's trying to distract from his irresponsible "red line" comment that he believes now compels us to an action that he understands is hacking off most of America.

He's stumbling around trying to buttress his own image after bumbling into a threat of action where there is no compelling US interest.
There is even talk "we can't let POTUS hang out to dry on this" - he IS stumbling.

If this was so damn important to US interests - just freaking do it - he did on Libya, he's not shy about using executive war powers.

He's a dog, trying to get the pack to back him, even though we all know there isn't any US interests at play here - just proxy wars, and pushing back on Putin

He said, "I didn't set a red line, the "world" set a red line..."

We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized,” the president said a year ago last week. “That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.”
It was also unclear what the consequences of crossing that “red line” would be.
Obama has cautioned that unilateral action, particularly without a U.N. mandate, may be unwise and could run afoul of international law.

In keeping with the strategy he used in seeking international cooperation for airstrikes against Libya in 2011, Obama warned in a CNN interview last week that international cooperation is key to military intervention

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...tually-said-about-syria-and-chemical-weapons/
:palm: parsing to nothingness, he said what he said, now he's trying desperately to wiggle out of it.

Note the part about
that unilateral action, particularly without a U.N. mandate, may be unwise and could run afoul of international law
:whome:

LOL, you waited years for the evidence before blasting Bush?

The difference with Bush was the type of Hyperbole he was using, the threat of the Mushroom Cloud, but also the report by Hans Blix and others made it clear to those listening that if not lying, but was greatly exaggerating the case for the war.

It was only later that I was able to PROVE I was correct.

when Team Bush repeatedly stated "THERE IS NO DOUBT" that Saddam has stockpiles of WMD's...that, in itself, was a lie... because there certainly WAS doubt within their own intelligence community. They may have chosen to ignore it, but it was certainly there.

mushroom fucking clouds. they even inferred we would get nuked by him

Like this?

Failure to take military action against Syria would send a dangerous signal to Iran, North Korea and other US foes, Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday.

“Our inaction would surely give them a permission slip for them to at least misinterpret our intention, if not to put it to the test,” Kerry told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Hezbollah militants in Lebanon are “hoping that isolationism will prevail and North Korea is hoping that ambivalence carries the day,” he said.

“They are all listening for our silence.” Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel offered a similar view, arguing that if the United States chose not to act, it would appear weak in the showdown with Iran over its nuclear program.

“A refusal to act would undermine the credibility of America's other security commitments, including the president's commitment to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon,” Hagel told the same hearing.

http://dawn.com/news/1040307/us-inaction-would-embolden-iran-nkorea-says-kerry

The difference with Bush was the type of Hyperbole he was using, the threat of the Mushroom Cloud, but also the report by Hans Blix and others made it clear to those listening that if not lying, but was greatly exaggerating the case for the war. It was only later that I was able to PROVE I was correct.

So before the facts were in and you had proof, you'd already decided?

Back