APP - Obama's "Fishy" untruths

Thanks for maturely answering my question.

Hey dipfish, it was you who made this discussion about my responsibility to add commentary to a post that makes obvious an opening commentary for discussion. Now you’re gonna get your fin bent because I refuse to be drawn in to your BS…you must be one thin scaled fish.

You want to discuss the OBVIOUS intent of my post I’ll be more than willing to have that discussion on its own merits.

Again, the point is our president gave an untruth about an entire group of doctors. THAT's FISHY information that NEEDS to be addressed! I think we need to create a web site where honest folks can send these kinds of "fishy" untruths so that we can get the truth out to honest americans.

Obama is quickly losing his credibility with anything he says.

I find it interesting that not a single liberal seems to have even noticed that Obama misrepresented the fees doctors receive......obviously he has presented a plan designed to prevent something that isnt actually happening.....

I find it interesting that not a single liberal seems to have even noticed that Obama misrepresented the fees doctors receive......obviously he has presented a plan designed to prevent something that isnt actually happening.....

It's because they don't care. Think about how grossly he misrepresented them; as much as 15 times the actual cost! If this is the math they are using and selling we have much more than just a minor concern over his claim to have the money to pay for this.

Obama lied about having AARP support as well.

Obama lied old farts died.

So, AARP doesn't support health care reform? Is this what you are saying and what seniors have died as a result of this?

Who are you quoting? What is your source for this information?

Please show me this, I am not aware, but would like to be educated, seriously.
I have been on vacation, but now it is back to reality. I was forced to watch, America's Got Talent and the other one, So You Think You Can Dance, my friends are wonderful, but have very bad taste in TV!

I am trying to recover from their abuse!

So, AARP doesn't support health care reform? Is this what you are saying and what seniors have died as a result of this?

Who are you quoting? What is your source for this information?
Seniors will die under the Obama plan. The AARP doesn't support the plan, yet Obama claimed that they did. He's a liar.
President Obama today suggested that the health care reform legislation for which he’s pushing has been endorsed by the American Association of Retired Person.

“We have the AARP on board because they know this is a good deal for our seniors,” the president said.

At another point he said: “Well, first of all, another myth that we've been hearing about is this notion that somehow we're going to be cutting your Medicare benefits. We are not. AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare, okay?”

The problem?

The AARP hasn't endorsed any plan yet.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/08/president-obamas-senior-moment.html

Did you vote for this liar?

Please show me this, I am not aware, but would like to be educated, seriously.

the opening post was the doctor's response to Obama's comment about charging $50k fees to Medicare for amputations, stating that the fee that Medicare actually pays for an amputation is $1200.....

We understand in your waning years that once simple tasks are now too difficult for you to perform, perhaps even painful. Internet research obviously is one of those and so you call on the younger more able to do it for you.

Please vote for the reform package that Obama has spoonfed you and when it looks like you may need surgery remember these words:

"Take the pill".

Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!! :p

Right on topic. Damn you're clever!
Don't you get tired of being a meaningless cyber-f..t?

the opening post was the doctor's response to Obama's comment about charging $50k fees to Medicare for amputations, stating that the fee that Medicare actually pays for an amputation is $1200.....

I would like to see the Obama quote. I asked for it but for some strange reason my request was ignored. Since it's the subject of the thread, it would be nice, unless......... If it's a misunderstanding, a booboo, or a liar-liar, it would be nice to make a judgement based on the reality. I have this strange gut feeling it won't be forthcoming based on past history.

I can't find an official endorsement from AARP for the public option, but the AARP certainly doesn't think the current plans are a threat to Medicare or seniors.

http://aarp.convio.net/site/PageNavigator/Myths_vs_Facts

That's a site built by the AARP to dispel myths about healthcare reform. Here's one pertaining to the question Obama was answering:

Myth: Health care reform will hurt Medicare.
Fact: None of the health care reform proposals being considered by Congress would cut Medicare benefits or increase your out-of-pocket costs for Medicare services.
Fact: Health care reform will lower prescription drug costs for people in the Medicare Part D coverage gap or "doughnut hole" so they can get better afford the drugs they need.
Fact: Health care reform will protect seniors' access to their doctors and reduce the cost of preventive services so patients stay healthier.
Fact: Health care reform will reduce costly, preventable hospital readmissions, saving patients and Medicare money.
Fact: Rather than weaken Medicare, health care reform will strengthen the financial status of the Medicare program.
Bottom Line: For people in Medicare, health care reform is about lowering prescription drug costs for people in the "doughnut hole", keeping the doctor of your choice, improving the quality of care, and eliminating billions in waste that is causing poor care and medical errors.

So while Obama was wrong about the endorsement, THE SUBSTANCE OF WHAT HE WAS SAYING ABOUT NOT CUTTING MEDICARE BENEFITS WAS 100 PERCENT ACCURATE ACCORDING TO THE AARP. About government killing old people:

Myth: Health care reform means the government can make life-and-death decisions for you.
Fact: Health care reform will NOT give the government the power to make life-and-death decisions for anyone regardless of their age. Those decisions will be made by individuals, their doctor and their family.
Fact: No one, including the government or your insurance company, will be given power to make life-and-death decisions for you.
Bottom Line: Health care reform isn't about putting the government in charge of difficult end of life decisions. It's about giving individuals and families the option to talk with their doctors in advance about difficult choices every family faces when loved ones near the end of their lives.

Clearly, the AARP knows you guys are full of shit.

I would like to see the Obama quote. I asked for it but for some strange reason my request was ignored. Since it's the subject of the thread, it would be nice, unless......... If it's a misunderstanding, a booboo, or a liar-liar, it would be nice to make a judgement based on the reality. I have this strange gut feeling it won't be forthcoming based on past history.

it was linked in the OP....was it too hard for you to look?

All I'm saying is let's take the example of something like diabetes, one of --- a disease that's skyrocketing, partly because of obesity, partly because it's not treated as effectively as it could be. Right now if we paid a family -- if a family care physician works with his or her patient to help them lose weight, modify diet, monitors whether they're taking their medications in a timely fashion, they might get reimbursed a pittance. But if that same diabetic ends up getting their foot amputated, that's $30,000, $40,000, $50,000 -- immediately the surgeon is reimbursed. Well, why not make sure that we're also reimbursing the care that prevents the amputation, right? That will save us money. (Applause.)

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press...Insurance-Reform-in-Portsmouth-New-Hampshire/

Please show me where it says the cost to Medicare is to the orthopaedist alone. With OR charges, the anasthesiologist, IC care, the hospital stay, physical therapy, and other charges such as for a walker or wheel chair added to the cost of the surgeon alone, Obama's estimate of cost for the amputation is correct or low in our for-profit system. "The amount Medicare pays for an amputation" is a hell of a lot more than $1200, the amount you are trying to make us believe is the sole cost. I can understand the doctors wanting to clarify the statement but that didn't make it a lie. Also, how does it change the point he was making about pre-care for diabetics?
Who is trying to pedddle the stinky fish around here?
What's the matter,"is it too hard" to analyse crap for the truth? Your Obama hate has made you desperate with no regard for truth.

Last edited:
Back